How did we lose so many players but no cap relief?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Why are you guys seriously trying to get through to this guy with long posts? Dude is clearly a troll

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
-The Glove-":21ramjcc said:
Why are you guys seriously trying to get through to this guy with long posts? Dude is clearly a troll

What else we gonna do.

/ we could work on the Zeb the crime fighter in the KITT car thread in the lounge

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":6rec0yo6 said:
-The Glove-":6rec0yo6 said:

What else we gonna do.

/ we could work on the Zeb the crime fighter in the KITT car thread in the lounge
this place used to be great with trolls

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Oh, look. It's another Tokadub post whining about Bennett, Harvin, and Tate. I'll be sure to read this one because I'm sure it's got fresh and new arguments that he hasn't already trotted out there a thousand times already this offseason.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Tokadub":3q6v9r0q said:
Still nobody has answered me how is it that we lost like 10 guys and the only guy we retained is Michael Bennett? I just think this was a huge mistake and next year will prove it when Harvin get's hurt (we need Tate) and Bennett is over rated (it would be better to have Clemons or Jared Allen).

We retained Bennett, Haushka, McCoy, McDaniels and restructured Miller.

btw, if you're complaining about paying Bennett too much, how can you justify spending another 7M a year on Tate? If we would have given Tate the same contract as Detroit, then please tell me which of the big three (Sherm, Earle or Russell) you'd not extend?

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Tokadub":32ub18ai said:
Can anyone give me proof that we couldn't have got Tate and Clemons in exhange for Bennett's retardedly huge 10 million dollar deal? I'm pretty sure Tate would have signed for 5 mill if we gave it before he hit the market, and if we let Bennett walk we could of retained EITHER Clemons OR Jared Allen. We would be a MUCH better team, I'm telling you guys Bennett is super overrated he's gonna be a piece of dino poo next season and I'm gonna LOL.

Thanks for the new sig.

ceej22

Reaction score
Must resist responding to this troll. Gotta love the offseason.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Tokadub, you need to recall that the team was close to being capped out before FA w/o the cuts of RIce and Bryant. The cut of Clemons was a capwise wash with the signing Bennett and the extra $3 Mil came from the restructure of Miller's deal. Interestingly each of the cuts were players that were significantly under performing their contracts.

The team is in good shape now capwise and simply jettisoned a few older players who were costly relative to performance on the field. I know you are seemingly butt hurt about the loss of Tate and time will tell if that loss hurt more than the loss of McDonald, Browner, Giacomini, or Thurmond. Is that single WR worth not being able to make a deal with Thomas or Sherman? Isn't this a good draft to find a longer term replacement at a much lower cap cost?

Plain truth is the team has had to figure out how to structure their cap to be able to pay Wilson, Thomas, Sherman, Wright, Okung, possibly Maxwell and a few others when their rookie deals come due. Losing a few players to the cap after a championship season is sadly inevitable and that will continue for a while as the depth on the team is solid and perceived as solid around the league.

It's still really early in FA and the draft hasn't happened so it is way early to be concerned about the direction being taken by the FO. Acquiring a couple of pro bowl quality OLinemen would be nice but not at the price of losing core players on the team. If they were to paid the $ commanded in FA the plan may be upset.

The depth on the OLine at OT is obviously deficient and the team needs to find that big redzone go to WR or a special talent like Tate was slowly developing into becoming. I'm sure the team wanted to keep Tate on their terms and may have offered him a deal that was structured to allow incentives for him to earn big $, but we will never know as they are notoriously quiet about contract negotiations.

Given their starting position capwise the team has done a good job and the youthful core is still here and it looks as if the team is capable of keeping the players of greatest value to the organization. Sometimes you need to look at the big picture and avoid knee jerk responses. To me that picture is a long way from coming into focus but it he outlines of that picture are looking positive.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ceej22":3vrmeajr said:
Must resist responding to this troll. Gotta love the offseason.

exactly, i dont get why people respond to this guy and Blitzer..

its like tokadub is Blitzer's angrier, more dilluded second personality

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I remember when I used to smoke pot and had weird thoughts and ideas not based in logic or reality too. Go toke another doobbie.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Tokadub":2qf03a2e said:
Can anyone give me proof that we couldn't have got Tate and Clemons in exhange for Bennett's retardedly huge 10 million dollar deal?
1. Can you give us proof that we could have?
2. You should't use that word (the one after Bennett's) as meaning something stupid or negative. Its deeply offensive to some people and is a ban-worthy offense on other boards I am a member of.
Tokadub":2qf03a2e said:
' I'm pretty sure Tate would have signed for 5 mill'
That's not proof.

You need to chill dude, so what if he was less then stellar his first few seasons? Playing in the NFL is hard, it takes players a while to get it. The player you keep harping on about, Tate did next to nothing his first two years in the league. Also, Bennett had more sacks then Tate had TD's both last year and the year before (8.5 v 5 last year, and 9 v 7 the year before).

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
Yeah I'm a troll...

One of the only people to pick Seattle to score 40 points in Super Bowl...

Yeah pretty much predicted too a T except Broncos offense sucked even more then reasonably predictable. My prediction:

"Final Score: SEAHAWKS WIN 40-30!

Disclaimer: This prediction is based on Payton Manning throwing at least 2 interceptions, possibly having a forced fumble. Harvin does not get injured. The referees do Broncos a few favors to make the game more competitive. The Seahawks protect the ball with no turnovers. "

Yeah all the stuff I said was on the money CHA-CHING...

Link: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88077&start=100

If anything I gave the broncos too much respect my offensive predictions and turnover stuff was basically perfection.

I also pretty much predicted the NFC title game:

"Overtime: Tied game 20-20

- 49ers get the ball to our horror. Here is where it get's a little hazy for me. I see two possible outcomes.

1) 49ers score a FG followed by Seahawks scoring a Touchdown.

2) Intercept Kaepernick for either a pick 6 or a resulting FG."

We intercepted Kaep for the win very close to a 20-20 game. Also if you look at my scoring summary a lot of the stuff is like exactly what happened like:

I also had this to say:

"- 49ers take the ball march it down field slowly burning the clock down while looking really strong for another touchdown. No big gains but just steady first downs they look really strong. Our defense comes through for us with a clutch stop forcing them to go for a field goal. San Fransisco is up 10-0 :pukeface:"

Yeah that's right.. I predicted we would go down 10-0 and still win against the 49ers... exactly what happened...

My Post Link: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85939&start=50
Game Summary Link: http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=340119026

Yeah... and my Saints prediction:

"23-20 Hawks win

"BUT we end up with the ball and run out the clock with several minutes to go. I don't think we'll need to stop some last minute push by them to save the game or need to score ourselves in some 2 minute drill. So the game is a little bit wider of a margin for Hawks victory compared to how close it looks on paper.

I think that prediction is a little generous to the Saints. This is my Saints play well and Seahawks struggle a bit prediction (most likely occurrence in my opinion)."

My post link: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84770

Got our score right, and if they didn't miss field goals left and right I would of been pretty much spot on with their score as well...

Not saying I'm some holy magic man and I know all the answers. But I'm certainly not a troll. I have an exceptional track record with my predictions and analysis. I either know my stuff or I've won the lottery with my analysis and predictions...

OutfieldGrass

Reaction score
This may have been answered in this thread but I am at work and could only skim through the thread. So....how is the cap hit figured out? I always thought it was the players total salary for that year but I keep hearing a cap hit total that is lower than a players annual salary.

So lets say a player makes $7 million a year over 5 years. What is the cap hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts