How does this photo make you feel ?

Jville

Reaction score
Overseasfan":hplz78td said:
Wish I was around back then to see these two legends play.

It was a very different game back then. That generation wasn't plagued with all of today's rules that forbid defenders from breathing on Quarterbacks. Just ask Michael Bennett. IMO the NFL game could be improved greatly by listening to Bennett.

Those days were also before the advent of all the tactile gloves that now plague the game. Yoda had the best set of receiver hands I ever saw. I'd be all in favor of the NFL banning the use of tactile gloves along with stickum. IMO .... Getting back to the basics of emphasizing skill development over equipment would be a welcomed upgrade for NFL football.

sutz

Reaction score
Jville":26cxxox2 said:
Overseasfan":26cxxox2 said:
Wish I was around back then to see these two legends play.

It was a very different game back then. That generation wasn't plagued with all of today's rules that forbid defenders from breathing on Quarterbacks. Just ask Michael Bennett. IMO the NFL game could be improved greatly by listening to Bennett.

Those days were also before the advent of all the tactile gloves that now plague the game. Yoda had the best set of receiver hands I ever saw. I'd be all in favor of the NFL banning the use of tactile gloves along with stickum. IMO .... Getting back to the basics of emphasizing skill development over equipment would be a welcomed upgrade for NFL football.
But back then they used stickum, but not to catch the ball. CBs used stickum so when they put their hand on the WR, they could hang on to them and follow what they were doing while looking back at the QB. ;)

Nfl i hayes 300

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Both Zorn and Largent played on a startup franchise. They had a zero to little supporting cast. Zorn was running for his life most of the time. It's a wonder he was as successful as he was.

Largent was a man among boys on the field. While he was not nearly the fastest guy on the field he had 3 great things going for him. 1. He could cut on a dime at nearly full speed. 2. He could catch anything thrown at him. 3. He was the smartest guy on the field. Put these things together and what happened was when he got open he was wide open by a mile.

Anybody that says he is overrated never saw his body of work for any length of time. Overrated does not apply to a Hall of Famer.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Largent could catch anyone period and there has been nobody like him on the field.Zorn played QB pretty much like he coached and do not tell me his line was that bad,the guy had happy feet and ran because he waited too long due to being interception prone.His stats don't lie..I know it was expansion team blah blah.I just think a better GM could have made that team pretty good by drafting better.I really besides Largent do not miss those days at all

monkey

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2x3rmtwc said:
meh.....overrated. Franchise wasn't very good back then yet people will hold onto their memories.
Overrated was the very last thing that Steve Largent ever was. You must be very young, because there's simply no way you would have ever said that, had you seen him play live.

What I felt when I first saw that pic was something that I can only describe as a warm, slow smile in the depths of my soul.
Seeing those two guys, on and off the field best friends, who made Seahawks football a thing...I just cannot help but smile.
I got a chance to meet Steve in Tulsa, at a men's breakfast (it's a church thing). I shook his hand, and talked to him for a while, got him to sign a couple of cards, but came away with such a strange mix of feelings.
First, when I shook his hand, my thought was, "Man I could crush this guy, he's so small!"
It's no wonder everyone told him he was too small. He really is small. It's just that more amazing to me, that he was able to do what he did, at such a high level, for such a long time. It's mind-boggling really.

Then while talking to him, I got the sense that, he's actually kind of shy, and would really rather be doing just about anything than public speaking.
But of course, he did it, and he did it well, but still I could tell that he would have preferred not to.
Mostly though, what came across was what a truly, TRULY humble man he is. He doesn't take himself too seriously, he loves and adores his family, he lives his life simply, and honorably.
He's one of the few people I've ever met, who actually live up to, and even perhaps exceed the hype.

Rob12

Reaction score
When this picture was taken, I was still crapping in my diapers or possibly not born. It's cool and all, but I don't feel much.

I became a fan at seven when Largent caught his 100th TD from Krieg in Cincinnati. He was done after that season.

The pic makes me feel proud of the current team and what they have accomplished. Don't have much more than that.

Rob12

Reaction score
After looking at the pic again, I'm convinced I wasn't born yet. Largent looks to be about 23-25 in that pic, so I would have been a couple years away.

evergreen

Reaction score
Largest did play with the scabs and got way over 200 yards receiving before HE took himself out of the game. He did it so he wouldn't break the record, so that class act covers his union busting IMHO.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
monkey":3db3f0l8 said:
ImTheScientist":3db3f0l8 said:
meh.....overrated. Franchise wasn't very good back then yet people will hold onto their memories.
Overrated was the very last thing that Steve Largent ever was. You must be very young, because there's simply no way you would have ever said that, had you seen him play live.............
This. Saw 2 NE corners trap him against the sideline at like their 5 yard line, one in front of him and one on the open field side and then his legs and feet did this weird shit and all of a sudden they were laying on the ground grasping at air instead of him and he was literally walking nonchalantly into the end zone. One of the most impressive things I've ever seen an athlete do in my life.

richp01

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":3mnb9j5s said:
Makes me want to drink some milk.

I had forgotten about that commercial. Those two singing was so bad. It does make me feel old thinking back that far.