How To Salvage The Season

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Pete needs to walk away from the offense. Literally, pick up his clipboard and sit in the concussion protocol tent with the door zipped closed. Let the offense do what they need to do. Let Russ be Russ. He's like a controlling boyfriend who is making the situation worse the tighter he holds on when all he wants to do is keep things going in the right direction.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Unfortunately, that give Schotty free reign and there is ZERO evidence throughout his career that he's a good OC.

Hawker8989

Reaction score
Nothing we can do. Best case scenario is making it as a WC. But the fact remains we aren't close to a SB contender. We barely beat an 0-16 candidate today.

chris98251

Reaction score
You salvage the season by finding the players that can step up and give them game time and identify what you need to draft so you have less question marks next year then we have this year.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
We just aren’t that good. We may go 9-7 if things break right, but we have too many raw players in key spots and too many coaches who don’t seem to know what they’re doing with this team to hope for more than that.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Russ had some easy, easy 3rd down plays and couldn't convert throwing the ball with timing and accuracy. There was moments to run for the first down and couldn't do that either.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
falcongoggles":xz1e3xix said:
Pete needs to walk away from the offense. Literally, pick up his clipboard and sit in the concussion protocol tent with the door zipped closed. Let the offense do what they need to do. Let Russ be Russ. He's like a controlling boyfriend who is making the situation worse the tighter he holds on when all he wants to do is keep things going in the right direction.

:lol: :lol:

I feel your pain.

Look, we picked up a win that was way too close against a team we would have thumped hard just a few seasons ago but it is what it is. We are hoping for a .500 season at this point.

Upside is the O-line is looking better which is allowing for some running game/taking the pressure off Russ.

Downside is that means we all have to admit we are, as others have said, nowhere close to being a legit playoff/SB team.

sutz

Reaction score
2-2 on Oct 1 and we're talking about "salvaging" the season?

:laugh:

adeltaY

Reaction score
sutz":23birs20 said:

Yes because the offense has been problematic for at least two seasons and the defense no longer has the talent to compensate. These offensive issues have persisted so logically we are in trouble. Our struggles against mediocre to bad competition thusfar reflect that.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
falcongoggles":o62izeef said:

I like the analogy there. Unfortunately, Pete just cannot help himself meddling. He’s from a bygone era where many HCs would try to micromanage everything. That could be the case here.

crosfam

Reaction score
You don't teach an old dog new tricks; and if you are responsible for the performance of the team, then you are responsible. No HC by committee.

We are 2-2 like many others. right now the Rams look like #1 seed, but with 12 more games to go. play to win, see how it shakes out. No salvage necessary, it is early, and we have many young players finding their way.

I still think Pete has 1-2 years left before we call David Shaw.

toffee

Reaction score
Our season is in GOOD shape, we are a rebuilding team sitting at 2-2. One ahead of 9ers and Cardinals, two games back from Rams.

Our rebuilding defense is doing better than expected, of course Earl's injury might hurt a bit. We almost stole a game from both Chicago (3-1) and Denver (2-1). We beat the Girls (2-2) fair and square.

For two weeks, we ran the ball with some efficiency, OK, cardinal's DL was ranked #32, but still. Baldwin was a bit rusty today, and my dreamed 2 TE set ain't gonna happen with Will's injury. So far Russ hasn't had a good game. OK, we need improvements.

Sky ain't fallin', this homer is reasonable happy.

Steve2222

Reaction score
crosfam":12rygyyn said:
You don't teach an old dog new tricks; and if you are responsible for the performance of the team, then you are responsible. No HC by committee.

We are 2-2 like many others. right now the Rams look like #1 seed, but with 12 more games to go. play to win, see how it shakes out. No salvage necessary, it is early, and we have many young players finding their way.

David Shaw? Yuck.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Hawker8989":m6onf1ww said:
Nothing we can do. Best case scenario is making it as a WC. But the fact remains we aren't close to a SB contender. We barely beat an 0-16 candidate today.

Do you remember 2014? Or 2005? Let me refresh your memory

2005- 2-2 through week four
2014- 3-3 through week seven

Hating on your team after 4 games? Keep it classy.

:2thumbs:

Hawker8989

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":cnkjwwpp said:
Hawker8989":cnkjwwpp said:

You do realize the 2005 team had a good defense and an all pro o-line? The 2014 team had the LOB in it's prime. Can we make the postseason? Sure. Does it look like we will make any noise? Unlikely.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Hawker8989":3kntddpd said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3kntddpd said:
Hawker8989":3kntddpd said:

You do realize the 2005 team had a good defense and an all pro o-line? The 2014 team had the LOB in it's prime. Can we make the postseason? Sure. Does it look like we will make any noise? Unlikely.

HAHA it's a long season. I don't think ANYONE knows what January will look like. Patience.

crosfam

Reaction score
Steve2222":3alkhh9r said:
crosfam":3alkhh9r said:

David Shaw? Yuck.

I'm not a fan of turning over a multimillion dollar organization to the trendy young coordinator, nor promoting within. Nor recently fired coaches. The Rams success is not the norm. Shaw is 77-23 in the Pac-12 with two Rose Bowl wins. Stanford has been whipping more talented teams for years. He wins with the challenge of recruiting athletes that can get into Stanford. I like Utah's coach too. Peterson won't leave for the NFL - IMHO.

But I am all in on Pete for now.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3ud16ha2 said:
Hawker8989":3ud16ha2 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3ud16ha2 said:
Hawker8989":3ud16ha2 said:

HAHA it's a long season. I don't think ANYONE knows what January will look like. Patience.

I do. No patience needed. This team isn't even close to being a legit playoff threat. Just hoping for .500, a major reset to come, 2-3 seasons of rebuilding, and another 3-5 run of domination.

Go Hawks!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
sutz":2fc7wzzo said:

Man, the 'Experts' are coming out of the woodwork now. LOLOLOL
Any WIN is a Good WIN.

Latest posts