Huge loss for AZ

Rambitious

Reaction score
Geologic":fphnkm8f said:
That bad snap made the kicker miss the game winner. Makes me want to replace our longsnapper with Clint Gresham.

That's not the only reason they lost that game.

Rambitious

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":37a0p93o said:
Barakas":37a0p93o said:
I'm just thankful that we pulled it out in our final minute and won. There is no way we should have been in the situation we were in. This "gift" sure does help us though in the race for the division.

Boo! I'm still trying to understand why Miami went soft zone and left a limping Russell in the backfield to pick them apart?

Of course, I'm also trying to understand why the Cards defense struggles to stop 3rd and 15+ tonight against a team missing about 5 starters on offense.

Though I feel bad for the rookie long snapper - seemed to have a good game and then choked at the end.

Az struggled in 3rd and long because of their secondary problems.
Specifically at CB.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3i5rr7bf said:
I mean, the Patriots even without Gronk and Brady are better than the Dolphins. And the Cardinals looked better overall than the Seahawks did yesterday.

Belichick was still the coach so that was going to be a tough game regardless...and the Cardinals, like the Seahawks, had the outcome of their game ultimately determined by a missed FG.

Seattle made plays to win the game obviously, but there was some luck there and after their first games Arizona looks like the better team to me.

Yes, that was a very lucky 75-yard game winning drive by a QB standing on one leg.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Rambitious":34qmyav8 said:
Az struggled in 3rd and long because of their secondary problems.
Specifically at CB.

Not just CB, which did force a move to more zone coverage, but Matthieu isn't 100% either and was playing poorly.

We play the Bucs next and if we can't make it an offensive shoot-out, we will likely lose.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1w6v6qr3 said:
Ramfan128":1w6v6qr3 said:
I mean, the Patriots even without Gronk and Brady are better than the Dolphins. And the Cardinals looked better overall than the Seahawks did yesterday.

Belichick was still the coach so that was going to be a tough game regardless...and the Cardinals, like the Seahawks, had the outcome of their game ultimately determined by a missed FG.

Seattle made plays to win the game obviously, but there was some luck there and after their first games Arizona looks like the better team to me.

Yes, that was a very lucky 75-yard game winning drive by a QB standing on one leg.

I said some luck. Never said that drive was lucky. That was a thing of beauty.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3i9jylnu said:
Ramfan128":3i9jylnu said:

I don't know this to be true. Seattle pretty much won it's game the way we've been winning games for years. The offense wasn't as efficient as normal, but I expected that with Miami's defense. They just matched up well with what we want to do.

Statistically, Seattle really didn't do poorly offensively. Defensively we sure got a reprieve with a dropped TD pass. But we did force 7 three and out drives out of 12 total for Miami (one failed 4th down conversion).

We lost the turnover battle. Still managed to force fumbles, but didn't recover them.

Arizona looked better at times offensively. But still looked like a 10th to 20th rated defense.

Not saying everything is rosy up here. But looking at the game a second time -- I'm not seeing it as bad as it looked live either. These kinds of wins are pretty typical for Seattle. The look like pure luck but then we keep replicating that week after week and year after year. It's clearly a situation we're completely comfortable with. And I think it's more of a product of having a suffocating defense. Where a lucky play can seemingly appear to be the lone determining factor in winning. Nothing to get too worried about.

The secondary looks miles better than it did to start last year (even as we finished last year). It could actually be the best secondary we've ever rolled out. I felt the base run D was very stout -- against a team that can put up 150+ on the ground. Also found some unexpected pass rush quality outside of Bennett and Avril which is still something to watch going forward.

A gritty win against a team that is constructed to play a lot like we do.

I agree with everything you said. Was just pointing out that this wasn't really a huge loss in the grand scheme of things. Disappointing, yes I'm sure for AZ. But if you had to pick who the best team in the NFC West was after yesterday, there's still no clear cut answer despite one team winning and one losing.

As a fan of a division rival, it gets tiring watching the Seahawks make plays that other teams don't make. A blocked FG inside 30 yards? That shit happens in High School...

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
The Arizona Cardinals were playing at home against a Patriots team without Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski. The team really couldn't ask for anything more, but still found a way to narrowly lose 23-21 to an undermanned New England squad Sunday night.

And the Week 1 loss obviously didn't sit well with general manager Steve Keim.

"You wake up Monday morning with a loss. You're angry, disappointed, embarrassed, and that's the way we should all feel," Keim said on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM, via ESPN. "Just didn't get it done, and a lot of reasons why we didn't get it done. And that needs to improve. That's certainly unacceptable."

But Keim was far from done laying into a Cardinals team that made it to the NFC title game last season. He said the special teams were "very disappointing in every area" and the passing offense was "out of sync" in the first half.

The Cardinals had a chance to make up for the miscues at the end, but kicker Chandler Catanzaro missed a 47-yard, potential game-winning kick with 41 seconds left. Catanzaro's timing might have been affected after rookie long snapper Kameron Canaday snapped it low.

"We were obviously not ready to play," head coach Bruce Arians said after the game. "They outplayed us and we will learn from it and grow from it and continue.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/card ... ots-091216