Hutch At The Bucs Game

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Throwdown":1zkocdop said:
Is that why we fell behind 21 points?

Ban him from the stadium, plz.

I would have banned him the second the poison pill was signed. Banned him Pete Rose style.

TheWalrus

Reaction score
His twitter handle is poisonpill76 which is just rubbing salt in the wounds. Not a fan of the guy.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
TheWalrus":1ou2uuqx said:
His twitter handle is poisonpill76 which is just rubbing salt in the wounds. Not a fan of the guy.

Yeah that is true. Hutch was no innocent lamb in that deal, so people shouldn't act like he was. Holmgren told the story on KJR about how he tore Hutch a new one when he found out about it.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Huck Futch. I'm with Radish on this one.

I once tried to explain what actually happened in losing Hutch, but too many nuthuggers refused to believe someone might have issue with Shaun Alexander to accept that truth. Yes Ruskell was to blame, but in more of a way than most understand. I'll put it like this: not tagging Hutch + re-signing Alexander = poison pill. If just one of those 2 events are changed, Hutch probably retires a Hawk. Believe other wise if it helps you sleep better.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
bellingerga":3kb9wolu said:
I blame that mess on Ruskell. No hard feelings towards Hutch. He was the best left guard in the business and Ruskell used the wrong tag, like a douche. his fault.

I"m over it, but it still pissed me off to no end.

253hawk

Reaction score
Haha, I loved Baldwin in that.

Looks right at the bench cam guy: "We're not going anywhere! We're not going anywhere!"

Comes back later after scoring his game-tying TD, staring the camera down again: "WHAT'D I TELL YOU?!"

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
UGotHawked":c1rg1834 said:
TheWalrus":c1rg1834 said:

Yeah that is true. Hutch was no innocent lamb in that deal, so people shouldn't act like he was. Holmgren told the story on KJR about how he tore Hutch a new one when he found out about it.

He did? Good.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Hutch couldn't stand Ruskell!
Who could blame him?
Timmy handed the money bag to Shaun.
And dicked Hutch around.
Hutch took a better deal, as he should.
Hate all you want...
With out that Oline.
They would have never made it to the Super Bowl.
I'm good with Hutch.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
Hutch is turd. He was a great G but he knew that contract when he signed it and had ZERO interest in playing for our Hawks.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
bellingerga":1w8f11vc said:
I blame that mess on Ruskell. No hard feelings towards Hutch. He was the best left guard in the business and Ruskell used the wrong tag, like a douche. his fault.

I'm sure that you will find Mike Holmgren agreeing with you!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Wartooth":vuxsl1mz said:
Hutch couldn't stand Ruskell!
Who could blame him?
Timmy handed the money bag to Shaun.
And dicked Hutch around.
Hutch took a better deal, as he should.
Hate all you want...
With out that Oline.
They would have never made it to the Super Bowl.
I'm good with Hutch.

is this a poem?

drdiags

Reaction score
Hutch didn't take a better deal, he took a deal the Seahawks couldn't match due to the ridiculousness of the offer if matched. Ruskell, Reinfeldt and Hutch/Condon all helped this turn into the ugliness it became. Not knowing the depth Hutch was willing to go to get out of here, I supported the idea of Ruskell transition tagging Hutch because I hadn't thought of any team putting a poison pill in the contract offer.

Oh well. His company is in Minnesota so surprised he was at the Bucs game. Maybe he was invited to help celebrate the '83 team? In the end, he got paid. He played with an all-world RB in Adrian Peterson and he played alongside a future HOFer in Walter Jones. I suspect he identifies more with the Vikings, since he was part of a good run by them, though they couldn't get past the hump with Favre/Rice/Harvin and company against the Saints.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
253hawk":to7dr4y9 said:
Haha, I loved Baldwin in that.

Looks right at the bench cam guy: "We're not going anywhere! We're not going anywhere!"

Comes back later after scoring his game-tying TD, staring the camera down again: "WHAT'D I TELL YOU?!"

Damn straight. Baldwin's the man.

chrispy

Reaction score
Hutch didn't like 2+/- people on the Seahawks. He chose to abandon the rest of the team. The rest of the discussion is just noise.

Everyone knows that the player has a say where he wants to play. I don't think anyone really believes that MN put together that poison pill contract and surprised Hutch with it at the 11th hour and he couldn't do anything about it. He wanted to screw Ruskell. OK, we get it. I can't say I blame him. However, putting a personal vendetta against one person ahead of the rest of the team seems petty to me. I understand it when a FA goes somewhere else because the money is better or the contract is longer-term. The Seahawks planned to match any contract he was offered. He (and his agent and MN) manipulated the situation to screw Ruskell. He ended up screwing all his teammates, the organization and the fanbase as well. Some people can justify his actions but I don't have to like it. I think poorly of him because he put his petty personal vendetta ahead of the men he fought with every week. It was his decision to do so. Now, years later, it's easier to look back and justify it, but I'm not jumping on that bandwagon.

Largent80

Reaction score
Ruskell should have franchised Hutch then the whole fiasco doesn't happen. Hutch was my favorite Hawk on the o-line because of his mean streak and leadership.

If the man is screwing you do you take it or screw back?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
When we overpaid SA, I knew there would be consequences. The fallout was no surprise. I cannot stand Ruskell. He ruined a team that could have gone for one more run. Even back then, I knew everyone was fooled into the Ruskell love. It makes me want to barf because of it. Hutch was petty and I still cannot stand the guy for what he did to the team and his teammates.
Screw Ruskell
Screw Futch.
What was done is over. I felt sorry for Holmgren and the rest of the team honestly.
Then came Pete and John. They had to completely rebuild this team from scratch.
Can you imagine that OLine on this team? Oh, My....
The nice thing is that now there is a future even if they don't do it this year.

OrFan

Reaction score
Why would they allow him on the sideline? He didn't get a better deal. He did that to intentionally screw the Seahawks. He hated this organization. He made his bed, now he should lie in it. He should be refused entrance into the stadium.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I remember Walter Jones even restructured to try and make it work, to get around the poison pill.

That was ugly business Hutch.

Latest posts