Hutch At The Bucs Game

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1yzcz556 said:
.......I cannot stand Ruskell. He ruined a team that could have gone for one more run. Even back then, I knew everyone was fooled into the Ruskell love. It makes me want to barf because of it. Hutch was petty and I still cannot stand the guy for what he did to the team and his teammates.
Screw Ruskell
Screw Futch.
What was done is over. I felt sorry for Holmgren and the rest of the team honestly.
Excellent post! Screw both of them. Oh, and btw I was one of the first to call for Ruskell's head on these boards. A guy named Puntiphile was another. Doc Diags will back me up on that. So you weren't alone in not buying into the 'In Ruskell We Trust' manure. In fairness, he did have one good offseason getting rid of guys like Anthony Simmons and Koren Robinson and drafting Lofa but after that it was downhill, fast.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Radish":3l9nld31 said:
I don't care what the hell he said,,,,,,he's still a jerk in my opinion. And he'll probably be in Minnesota when we play them rooting for them,,,the bastard!

So,,,,I guess my feelings haven't changed much.

:D

It was Ruskell and Holmgren that decided to mess around with Hutch with the transitional tag, instead of just paying the man what he was worth.

The Radish

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2j98hzxv said:
The Radish":2j98hzxv said:
I don't care what the hell he said,,,,,,he's still a jerk in my opinion. And he'll probably be in Minnesota when we play them rooting for them,,,the bastard!

So,,,,I guess my feelings haven't changed much.

:D

It was Ruskell and Holmgren that decided to mess around with Hutch with the transitional tag, instead of just paying the man what he was worth.

I think if you will look into the facts of the case you will find Holmgren told Ruskell to put the transition tag on him and went on vacation and was incomunicado for several days and heard Ruskell had used the other tag instead.

That's the way I remember it happening.

:les:

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":34c1yoga said:
The Radish":34c1yoga said:

Absolutely WRONG! The tag was placed on Hutch while Holmgren was out of town on vacation.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
UGotHawked":12s6rp3d said:
Sgt. Largent":12s6rp3d said:
The Radish":12s6rp3d said:

Absolutely WRONG! The tag was placed on Hutch while Holmgren was out of town on vacation.

Holmgren knew damn well what happened. Do you think a control freak like Holmgren wouldn't have been privy to helping decide what to do with the greatest guard he's ever coached?

The POINT is it never should have got to the transitional tag, which basically told Hutch "we don't want to give you a multi-year big contract like you deserve, we'll just wait til some other team offers you a contract, then match it."

You don't mess around with franchise players during contract negotiations, you just don't. We messed, and lost.

drdiags

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3fps55rd said:
Excellent post! Screw both of them. Oh, and btw I was one of the first to call for Ruskell's head on these boards. A guy named Puntiphile was another. Doc Diags will back me up on that. So you weren't alone in not buying into the 'In Ruskell We Trust' manure. In fairness, he did have one good offseason getting rid of guys like Anthony Simmons and Koren Robinson and drafting Lofa but after that it was downhill, fast.

HFSD1 speaks the truth. He caught a lot of feedback from folks due to his criticism. Jammer backed HFSD1 when he was catching the initial wave of dispute. We had a brief mis-understanding that we can now laugh about. It is what taught me that folks can work through issues when they disagree about the team. HFSD1 was right about the way the OL went to crap, I just didn't see how to get out of the hole that was dug. He and others wanted answers (sort of like our QB debates over time). Things were heated and everyone was in their foxhole shooting anything that moved. Good times.

Puntiphile was relentless as well, I liked his dead hawk in the middle of the road avatar.

HFSD1 did love Ruskell's style of drinking a Coke from a goblet with his pinky raised though ... ha ha! Not really, that drove him crazy as well.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Shawn Alexander needs to donate his gold football to the Hutch and Walt foundation--if there ain't one, invent it.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":3paphugv said:
Shawn Alexander needs to donate his gold football to the Hutch and Walt foundation--if there ain't one, invent it.

Alexander owes them nothing.

Hutch can stay the hell away from this team though.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Hatin on the Hutch. Damn. :( He was on that Superbowl team--that offense was an effin machine.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":14ssuanu said:
Hatin on the Hutch. Damn. :( He was on that Superbowl team--that offense was an effin machine.

He deserves it, screw that man.

This team don't need that traitorous stink on them.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I don't hate Hutch as much as most but the poisonpill76 Twitter handle is BS. It's like he wants to make sure everyone remembers it so he can have a laugh

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The poison pill was part of his contract. It's what everyone agreed to. That is sort of asinine, though, that he uses that as his handle. That team had a couple more SBs in them.

garrylt4

Reaction score
Steve Hutchinson does not deserve to

1 Be on the Hawks sideline.

2 Refer to the Seahawks as we.

3 Have Seahawks fans call him a cool name like Hutch.

Personally he is dead to me.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
How interesting. I had pretty much buried the hatchet regarding the whole Hutch-pill mess... but if that is really his Twitter account name, screw him.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
UGotHawked":312h9926 said:
Sgt. Largent":312h9926 said:
The Radish":312h9926 said:

If I remember correctly Mike Holmgren told his side of the story upon returning from vacation. He and Ruskell had agreed upon the "Franchise Tag" for Hutch prior to him (Mike) leaving on vacation. To his surprise, Ruskell did an "about face" and put a "Transition Tag" on him. Within a week, Minnesota dropped the "poison pill" on us which made it impossible for us to match their offer. Seems to me that this message board had a "melt down" as a result!!

BTW....I vividly remember numerous posts stating, " How important can a Guard be?"

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I hate Steve Hutchinson and I hope a time comes when he gets what's coming to him ten thousand times over.

If he was on fire I wouldn't piss on him to put him out.