I Come in Peace

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Barely Escaped??? Um, no, the Lions were gifted their ONLY TD on a fluke fumble recovery when the Hawks should have been running the ball there. They scored 3 POINTS on offense.
Hawks still had a minute and 40 seconds and 2 time outs left. Nobody "escaped" in this game. The Hawks flat out GAVE them a chance to get in a game that was clearly in hand. :roll:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Of course, nobody wants to mention they had 1 min, 40 sec and 2 timeouts.
Because Russell Wilson has never lead his team to a game winning drive in a short period of fimte :?

Wartooth

Reaction score
Yeah, the Hawks offense is struggling.
But, the Bengals defense is sitting at 20th...
Yeah, Andy is playing lights out.
But, hasn't faced a top 5 (not even close!) defense this season...
It could go either way.
Go Hawks!

canfan

Reaction score
Good post. Thank you! The biggest thing you need to know about the Seahawks right now is that the only reason our lack of a running game is not a big topic of conversation is that our pass protection is truly breathtaking in its ineptitude. If the Seahawks can keep it an ugly, low scoring game we have a chance. If the bengals hit 20 points, I have low expectations. Our D is playing lights out, and Wilson is usually good for a TD on a Houdini act, so I will go with a 16 -13 win for the Seahawks with Steven Hauschka pulling out the win with a 57 yard field goal as time expires.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Didn't Andy Dalton get seriously boo'd by fans at some charity softball game right before the season?

They sure beat you when you're down but love you when you're at the top. ;)

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Dalton has bee throwing deep VERY successfully this year. That won't work against Seattle.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
It's funny, normally im a worrier but Im actually not this week for NON tangible reasons.

-The Bengals are undefeated one of if not the hottest team in the league. They are DUE to lose, and in ugly fashion cause their the bengals.

-Dalton in a big time, want to show the critics game

-Our defense vs Dalton. Does he have the discipline/ability to dink and dunk and dink and dunk and get the ball out in 2 seconds?

-Locketts due for another special teams return.

All crazy stuff I know. But I feel a 13-6 type game, Lockett TD, two Hausch money field goals, LOB holds down the cinci offense to two field goals, The Ginger gunslinger has the ball trying to tie the game at the end and we pick him off.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Welcome, Gupps. Thanks for the insights on your team.

You've heard our main concern, so here are some details on our awful o-line:

LT: Russell Okung... veteran with pro-bowl talent when healthy and not the only serviceable linemen out of 5. Right now he's healthy, but he's playing next to...

LG: Justin Britt... who just started playing this position about 6 weeks ago. Last year he started all 16 games at RT as a rookie. He did ok, but had horrible moments and games also. He has played 4 NFL games at LG. He looks lost most of the time, not sure where to move or whom to block.

C: Drew Nowak... played DT in college at Western Michigan. UDFA with the Jaguars in 2012, spent the year on IR, converted to O-guard, practice squad then active roster in 2013, cut at start of the 2014 season, then joined Seahawks practice squad. He's played 4 NFL games at C. Shotgun snaps are erratic.

RG: J.R. Sweezy... another converted D-lineman. This one worked out better. Strong guy in his 4th year. Better run blocker, average to awkward pass pro.

RT: Garry Gilliam... played TE at Penn State, then moved to RT his senior year. UDFA in his 2nd year with the Seahawks. He has started 4 NFL games at RT.

There you have it. 60% of our o-line has a combined 12 starts at their current positions. Expect more sacks and hurries than you're used to seeing from the Bengals.

OP
OP
gupps

gupps

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies. I am going to post a couple more things that I thought about after I started this thread. Also, I put this link in a thread on the Bengals board I use, hopefully some of those guys will join and fuill some of the gaping holes in my knowledge.Oh well, here goes:

The Bengals can't cover a TE, don't ask me why. It's freaking unreal year after year watching this.

The Bengals have a habit of coming out flat at least once a year. It's usually an away/primetime/after the bye game. Not just certain people either, it's like the whole team doesn't want to be there.

The Bengals D is frustrating,doing a fine job and then giving up yardage in chunks. I think this will end when Burfict gets back (after week 6 I believe).

All of the Bengals 11 sacks are from the DLinemen.

Andy has been very good spreading the ball around. AJ has so many yards because for some reason the Ravens can't cover him.

Bernard is usually the 3rd down back but Hill lost his job after fumbling twice in the Baltimore game. I think eiither back can hurt you (as well as any can against your defense).

Wilson is a short qb IIRC, the Bengals like their ends on the tall side. Dunlop is 6 6 and Johnson is 6 7. Batted balls may (hopefully) be a problem.

How to tell if Bad Andy shows up. He forces balls to AJ Green and/or throws passes like the intended receiver owes him money.

Someone asked how the Bengals will contain Wilson. Not sure, they have problems with thta. Hopefully they will have a LB spy on him.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head, maybe some guys from Bengals jungle will show up and fill in the blanks. I will be back win or lose and hopefully prove I'm half the man my dog thinks I am.

Gupps

Editorial..please don't take this TOO serious or get bent out of shape as its just my opinion. AS far as I'm concerned this is the ugly uniform bowl (the only uglier game would be Titans-Bucs..yeesh). I like our currentr unis for about 6 month before it dawned on me they looked like Mardi Gras costumes. What ever happened to K.I.S.S.? I swear it's like they were designed by Helen Keller on a bender. I can see it now:

NFL uniform designer Helen, we would like you to design our new uniforms for us. Here's a case of sterno and some paint. Have at it.

Helen Keller Gnnhhmbl (glug glug) Bmmhphlll (swoosh splat)..pause....aHAHAHAHAHAHA

NFL uniform designer BRILLIANT!

It.s the only explanation guys. :)

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to this game. There are a ton of good match ups and interesting decisions for both teams.

Batted balls usually aren't a big concern with Wilson because his first instinct has been to escape the pocket under pressure rather than stepping up into it. The more common sight will be Dunlop or Johnson chasing Wilson laterally and then it will come down to whether they have the closing speed or discipline to keep him from beating them with his legs. The Rams defensive line did and that really stymied our offense.

I've seen AJ split wide right quite a lot this season, which you may know is the side that we normally leave Sherman on. It will be interesting how both teams play this. Last week the Lions kept sending Johnson against Cary Williams but Cary played it pretty well. I expect to see a pretty even distribution of passes with Sanu and Jones each getting quite a few targets this week.

Teams have mostly been opting for short completions into the middle of the field and we haven't really been able to punish that much yet other than a big hit from Kam last week. The Hawks are due to pick a couple of those passes off and Dalton's accuracy will definitely be tested. I thought the linebackers as a group really looked slow and/or hesitant the first two weeks but it may have just been missing Kam making calls for the secondary. Against the Bears and the Lions they looked very fast.

As far as the Hawks offense goes, Graham looks like a very good match up against your defense. We've been calling plays for him but with only sporadic success and there's a lot of debate about the plays that haven't worked to him. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bailey (G/T) filling some of that blocking TE role this week in jumbo 12 personnel with increased targets to Graham.

The 10 am (PST) start time on a short week is a real thing. Some fans here will dismiss it, sometimes due to the desire for positivity and the weird idea that it will only impact us if the fans acknowledge it. Just imagine getting up 3 hours early for work tomorrow and ask yourself whether you'd truly be at 100% effectiveness. The coaching staff makes it a huge emphasis and we have been better at this since early 2013, but a very flat Seahawks start wouldn't surprise anybody.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
ringless":dk6pf6kv said:
2Cool4School":dk6pf6kv said:
Please come back and post here after the hawks upset your team.

I wouldn't be so confident, they barely beat the only team without a win in the NFL by about 6"

Any given Sunday. If it was a sure thing Seattle certainly wouldn't be 2-2 right now. And barely escaped 1-3 on an Amazing play by Kam
We were also in position in the 4th to win both games we lost. So you could say the Rams and packers escaped those games or we would be 4-0, using that logic.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Welcome Bengals!

I have to root for the Bengals this weekend as my Packers need all the help they can get in keeping our NFC foes from getting home field advantage.

I have to say, there is something about this match up that is intriguing on both sides of the football. That Seattle defense has tightened up considerably since Kam returned. Why he ever held out is beyond me. I am not sure Dalton and company can play the mistake free game they will need to play in order to win.

On the other hand, the Cincy defense should be able to cause problems for Seattle and keep the game within reach at all times. Cincy is flying high right now and they will pumped up at home. They healthy and hungry.

Still, this might be an upset. Bengals need 24 points to win.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
PackerNation":3dqjt8n0 said:
Welcome Bengals!

I have to root for the Bengals this weekend as my Packers need all the help they can get in keeping our NFC foes from getting home field advantage.

I have to say, there is something about this match up that is intriguing on both sides of the football. That Seattle defense has tightened up considerably since Kam returned. Why he ever held out is beyond me. I am not sure Dalton and company can play the mistake free game they will need to play in order to win.

On the other hand, the Cincy defense should be able to cause problems for Seattle and keep the game within reach at all times. Cincy is flying high right now and they will pumped up at home. They healthy and hungry.

That and the Hawks o unable to start moving until the second half is problematic if Cincy can move the ball well in the first two quarters.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
I see this as a hawks win, lets be real, this is a big game for them, 2 time defending NFC champs.... to be considered the best, you have to beat the best.. and even if we look like hot garbage on O right now, we are still one of the best teams in football. Dalton will be amped and and you combine that with him facing this D, mistakes will be made... and the end of the day, seattle has more talent and know how to win.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Mike 4G":x07x8eyf said:
That and the Hawks o unable to start moving until the second half is problematic if Cincy can move the ball well in the first two quarters.

I think it's important for Seattle to come out and take the early lead and hold it. Make Cincinnati one dimensional by having to throw the ball. If Dalton and company can beat the 'Hawks through the air, then they deserve it. They haven't played a defense with a great front four and a defensive backfield like yours. KC comes close with the front four, but it ends there.

Seattle will have problems taking the early lead. If I were Bevell, I would have Wilson roll out more often and let him throw deep. He has the arm strength for it and his legs buy him all the time he needs. I would also get Lockett going on a jet sweep and once Graham matches up on a LB, I would target him all day long. Nullify that rush and weakness of the OL with quick passes and roll outs and fast edge rushes. Make Cincy go sideline to sideline.

This should be a really good game. Too bad I'll miss it. I'll be in Lambeau watching the Packers destroy the Lambs.

Largent80

Reaction score
PackerNation":3iyxgm3i said:
Welcome Bengals!

Go Rams.

Latest posts