I Come in Peace

VFO

Reaction score
Another Bengals fan here, though absent this head-to-head, I'd be cheering for Seattle. Especially after the refs took SB XL from you, gift wrapped it and handed it to the stooleaters.

Re: Sunday's game: I am hopeful the Bengals can win, but I'm far from confident. There's no way around it that our offense has played great, but certainly against lesser D, and your D has played great against lesser O. This should be a good measure, and I expect it to be a mixed bag. Our output is gonna drop and your points / TDs allowed is headed up on Sunday. The question isn't whether the SEA D can bring out "Bad Andy". It's more whether our D can keep your offense more than one score lower than ours (to make up for the D score you get).

I expect this should be a close game, but home field and being a continent from home maybe gives us enough advantage to squeak out with a W.

I'll be disappointed if you win, but I can't really say I have angst about it. We'd still be 4-1 and y'all are NFC so it's less important for a bye-week tiebreaker.

Here's to a great game, no injuries and a great remaining season.

NINEster

Reaction score
Bengals offense is not a proven high flying unit and can be taken out of games from time to time.

However, they do have balance and Dalton is playing better...and with this being a home game in 2015 and not prior years, they should be ok moving the ball on some drives. Seattle defense doesn't give up too many big plays (let alone the actual opportunities for big plays.....only one last week to Calvin Johnson that was overthrown), so if Cincy is relying on that to beat the Hawks they probably will be in for a letdown.

But the story of this season has been Hawk opponents' ability at stopping the Seahawks offense. And now you're bringing in one of the better defenses and putting the game on the road.

Cincy tends to play well early in the season at home......wins the last few years versus Packers, Patriots. You have to like them here based on how the two teams are playing.

Low scoring affair. Winner in the 17-20 point range.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":3g03py4m said:
2Cool4School":3g03py4m said:
Please come back and post here after the hawks upset your team.

I wouldn't be so confident, they barely beat the only team without a win in the NFL by about 6"

Any given Sunday. If it was a sure thing Seattle certainly wouldn't be 2-2 right now. And barely escaped 1-3 on an Amazing play by Kam

That winless team is going to beat your overrated team by more than 6 inches. The Seahawks haven't had the puff cardinal schedule.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
So I went and watched every Dalton pass. I wondered if the hype is justified.

The Bengals are one of the more ingenious screen teams in the league. They run WR screens(Bevell, please watch them closely) that make sense. A TE and a big WR out wide vs two corners, a motion to a trips set, shit like that. Point is, Dalton gets the ball out crisply for those plays, but they aren't difficult plays for the QB. They have been flagged for offensive interference a few times, they ride the knifes edge on blocking while the ball is in the air on those screens. Be prepared to be pissed a few of those are not called.

His deep ball rarely is more than 40 yards from the LOS, he threw precisely one good deep out between 12 and 18 yards, and if he isn't throwing between the numbers his lack of arm shows up. He makes a lot of hay in Earl's domain. He punished some cover 3 where the defense had no business having that safety in cover 3. Over and over I would watch a nice play, but say to myself, not vs Earl.

Dalton has nice touch to targets moving away from him at the mid level, he throws some nice sideline routes if they don't have to go more than a dozen yards past the LOS, and when going to green he knows to leave the ball up high where green can make a play on it.

Oh, and the RB Hill is a bit of a fumbler.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Besides the 9AM start and Cincy's Dline's probable mauling of Wilson, I kind of like the Seahawks in every other aspect of this matchup. Seattles Dline should be good enough to put pressure on a QB even through an elite Oline, but I dont expect Dalton to be sacked many times. If he has to hurry, the LoB will be ready. Seattle just has to get the run game going and it will look good.

Since everyone is predicting a low score game, it will probably be a shootout :lol:

Tical21

Reaction score
It's very simple. The Bengals, like every other team that rely heavily on their big WR to score points, aren't going to be able to score points against Seattle.

ringless

Reaction score
rideaducati":37jjsi72 said:
ringless":37jjsi72 said:
2Cool4School":37jjsi72 said:

I wouldn't be so confident, they barely beat the only team without a win in the NFL by about 6"

Any given Sunday. If it was a sure thing Seattle certainly wouldn't be 2-2 right now. And barely escaped 1-3 on an Amazing play by Kam

That winless team is going to beat your overrated team by more than 6 inches. The Seahawks haven't had the puff cardinal schedule.

The irony in your statement made me laugh considering the team you just referenced as a non-puff opponent at home.

Cardinals and Seahawks have 14 games in common. Soo there's that!

HansGruber

Reaction score
I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard that some pass heavy offense was going to beat the Seahawks. The saints, Broncos, packers, blah blah blah.

That style of offense plays right into our greatest strength. Brees and Rodgers have been held to the worst games of their careers, multiple times, by this defense. If one thing DOESN'T scare me, it's a high powered pass offense.

You beat the Seahawks with defense and run game. That's why our hardest games are always NFCW games.

I fully expect to see Seattle pick up its first couple of interceptions Sunday. And it'll be a close game, which is bad news for Cincy. You don't beat this defense with finesse, you don't beat us with a passing game.

Carry Williams got picked on by green bay, who also ran the ball well. Congrats to them for finally beating us, but it took a legion of backups for them to beat us. Cincy won't be facing that legion. They're facing a hungry squad that is finally healthy and playing like the best secondary in the history of the game - which they are.

Dalton vs Legion of Boom. My money would be on Seattle no matter which team I rooted for. This secondary has a habit of turning guys like Rodgers and Manning into Ryan Leaf. And Andy Dalton ain't no Aaron Rodgers. It's one thing to beat the scrub secondaries he's been facing. Another thing entirely to beat the Legion of Boom.

marko358

Reaction score
I love that all the "experts" are picking the Bengals. The Hawks will have a big chip on their shoulder.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
PackerNation":1q0oqzjw said:
Mike 4G":1q0oqzjw said:
That and the Hawks o unable to start moving until the second half is problematic if Cincy can move the ball well in the first two quarters.

I think it's important for Seattle to come out and take the early lead and hold it. Make Cincinnati one dimensional by having to throw the ball. If Dalton and company can beat the 'Hawks through the air, then they deserve it. They haven't played a defense with a great front four and a defensive backfield like yours. KC comes close with the front four, but it ends there.

Seattle will have problems taking the early lead. If I were Bevell, I would have Wilson roll out more often and let him throw deep. He has the arm strength for it and his legs buy him all the time he needs. I would also get Lockett going on a jet sweep and once Graham matches up on a LB, I would target him all day long. Nullify that rush and weakness of the OL with quick passes and roll outs and fast edge rushes. Make Cincy go sideline to sideline.

This should be a really good game. Too bad I'll miss it. I'll be in Lambeau watching the Packers destroy the Lambs.
You sound just like Ringless before the Rams beat the Cards in their house.GO RAMS!

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":nf6ksxc3 said:
rideaducati":nf6ksxc3 said:
ringless":nf6ksxc3 said:
2Cool4School":nf6ksxc3 said:

The irony in your statement made me laugh considering the team you just referenced as a non-puff opponent at home.

Cardinals and Seahawks have 14 games in common. Soo there's that!

The Lions are better than any team The Cards have faced this season...hence the Cards "puff" schedule.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Congratulations gupps. Although the Hawks shot themselves on the foot offensively in the end, the Bengals offense executed perfectly in the fourth quarter.

OP
OP
gupps

gupps

Reaction score
Thanks man. We dfidn't really deserve top win but I will take it any way I can get it. Good luck the rest of the season. I'd like to say I hope we meet again but I'm not sure we would pull that rabbit out of the hat again. :)

Gupps

ringless

Reaction score
That winless team is going to beat your overrated team by more than 6 inches. The Seahawks haven't had the puff cardinal schedule.[/quote]

Cardinals and Seahawks have 14 games in common. Soo there's that![/quote]

The Lions are better than any team The Cards have faced this season...hence the Cards "puff" schedule.[/quote]

:snack:

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":26vhth8n said:

Cardinals and Seahawks have 14 games in common. Soo there's that![/quote]

The Lions are better than any team The Cards have faced this season...hence the Cards "puff" schedule.[/quote]

:snack:[/quote]

Sadly, the Lions are still the best team The Cards have faced this year. Puff. Puff.

kaeric

Reaction score
2Cool4School":3ijhc2nb said:

Had to make an account just to come back and post here after the hawks did not upset my team.

byau

Reaction score
TwilightError":q1jo711a said:
Congratulations gupps. Although the Hawks shot themselves on the foot offensively in the end, the Bengals offense executed perfectly in the fourth quarter.

Don't agree with that. If you count what the Seahawks did as shooting themselves in the foot, the Bengals did plenty of shooting their own feet too (dude, imagine that last OT 3pt-er bouncing out instead of in!).

To be honest both teams look really great. The difference is the Seahawks have gone from epic to great, while the Bengals have gone from good to great. And the two great teams played their hearts out looking to capitalize on any mistakes the other team made. Seahawks lost, not taking anything away from the Bengals either. Bengals won.

Gupps; congrats for your team's win, good luck the rest of the season

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
kaeric":1ojieqji said:
2Cool4School":1ojieqji said:

Had to make an account just to come back and post here after the hawks did not upset my team.
So you weren't here before the game? Your lame to come after.

You suck.

Latest posts