I have been a huge fan of Carson

davidonmi

Reaction score
However I think we have to move on at this point after the season. Once again he leaves the game disrupting our RB rotation. Homer then gets a carry where he gets hurt and as a result Deejay Dallas is failing at blitz pickup in OT. One of a myriad of reasons why we lost.

I love the way he runs but there is enough of a track record to suggest that we cannot rely on him to stay healthy. What we desperately need is continuity here and 3 years of Carson and Penny has provided none.

I would love to be wrong and have Carson dominate the remainder of the season but if he gets nicked up again I would consider just going to Dallas full time. Oftentimes if you just give a young RB a chance they can shine. Hyde also appears unable to.stay healthy.

W

Welshers

We've had terrible luck with RB injuries. Carson (two or three times), Penny, Homer... it's very unlucky. I think Carson just needs to get healthy. He may have ongoing issues. I don't see why we move on from a guy this quickly for injury problems. He's a great deal and very underrated. Who will we replace him with? Making Dallas our featured back?

PNW

Reaction score
I love CC, he has stated he’s a top 5 back, we will not pay him top 5 back money with his many injury issues. So I don’t see us resigning him after this year.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We lost this game because we did not have Carson.

You just saw what this team looked like without Carson.

We almost have to keep him. Good god, you want to see Hyde carrying the ball for a full year?

Carson is worth the paycheck as long as he is healthy in the playoffs.

I would be happy with a Carson/Homer rotation. Homer mainly for pass plays, it might be a tell but PA still works when they know you are not running. Homer is a STUD at pass pro.

But we have to keep Carson. Suggesting otherwise is crazy unless this defense gets better.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Carson is one of the best RBs in the game, so we're not moving away from him. I think Pete made the right call in bringing Hyde in as a #2, he is very capable in that role. But RBs like Carson are the exception not the rule, so replacing him will not be easy. I don't know how much $$$ Chris s going to want when he comes off of his rookie deal, but few RBs (aside from Zeke) get top dollar anymore. Outside of a freak like Adrian Peterson, the shelf life of an NFL RB is just not that long. Hopefully Penny will return next year at 100% and take some of the pressure off of CC.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
There was an in-depth interview with Carson I read recently that made it sound like he will look to maximise his $, so if the Hawks don't offer him the most, I suspect he walks.

Is Hyde bad at pass blocking or was he hurt in OT? Wondering why he wasn't in that last series.

Rat

Reaction score
Chris J. Carsiseson looks amazing in flashes. Need him out there more.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We really, really need Penny. Just to catch passes on 3rd down. And to get to the edge on 3rd and 2.

Hyde is just Hyde. Decent 3rd string back. But nobody you want to see actually on the field unless you have to.

Sure he scored a TD. But at the end of the game, he really hurt us.

TypeSly

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":2lktttr7 said:
There was an in-depth interview with Carson I read recently that made it sound like he will look to maximise his $, so if the Hawks don't offer him the most, I suspect he walks.

Is Hyde bad at pass blocking or was he hurt in OT? Wondering why he wasn't in that last series.

Carson got hurt, like he always does, and he always seems to get hurt when he's having (or on his way) to a big game. Then Homer got hurt, so we only had Hyde or Dallas in the backfield for the rest of it.

PNW

Reaction score
He’s aiming for top 5 $$$$ He was asked this question in an interview.

Christian McCaffrey $16,015,853
Alvin Kamara $15,000,00
Ezekiel Elliott $15,000,000
David Johnson $13,000,000
Dalvin Cook $12,600,000
Derrick Henry $12,500,000

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We've had this conversation since Marshawn left.

IMO it's not so much Carson, although his running style and injury history contributes to him always getting hurt, it's more that we were spoiled with how durable Lynch was.

That is NOT the norm, what we are dealing with now with Carson and our other backs being injured every year is the norm for most teams. It's almost impossible to find a back like Marshawn that's going to play 15-16 games for 4-5 years straight.

Look around the league, just about every bell cow back gets hurt and doesn't play all 16 games. Just the nature of the position. We were lucky with Marshawn, now we're not.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3jvbwu3u said:

IMO it's not so much Carson, although his running style and injury history contributes to him always getting hurt, it's more that we were spoiled with how durable Lynch was.

That is NOT the norm, what we are dealing with now with Carson and our other backs being injured every year is the norm for most teams. It's almost impossible to find a back like Marshawn that's going to play 15-16 games for 4-5 years straight.

Look around the league, just about every bell cow back gets hurt and doesn't play all 16 games. Just the nature of the position. We were lucky with Marshawn, now we're not.

Yeah, but Carson is never on the field, for even close to a full season. Marshawn was always on the field, even when the Seahawks were a heavy, run-first offence.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TypeSly":1ey15uk8 said:
Sgt. Largent":1ey15uk8 said:

Yeah, but Carson is never on the field, for even close to a full season. Marshawn was always on the field, even when the Seahawks were a heavy, run-first offence.

Did you read my post? Marshawn is not the norm in the league, Carson is. So us thinking it's Carson and he needs to go is inaccurate.

We drafted one of the most physical healthiest non injury prone RB's in all of college football in Penny two years ago, and he's hurt.

So to say "hey we need to move on from Carson because he gets hurt all the time" is a false narrative.

Ozzy

Reaction score
On a play for play basis I think Carson is pretty similar to Lynch skill/production wise. Lynch like it's been state was just so durable.

I love Carson and sadly this kind of stuff makes it more likely we get to keep him which I'm good with.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":x1vwx0ge said:
TypeSly":x1vwx0ge said:
Sgt. Largent":x1vwx0ge said:

Did you read my post? Marshawn is not the norm in the league, Carson is. So us thinking it's Carson and he needs to go is inaccurate.

We drafted one of the most physical healthiest non injury prone RB's in all of college football in Penny two years ago, and he's hurt.

So to say "hey we need to move on from Carson because he gets hurt all the time" is a false narrative.

I'm not saying to move on from Carson, unless we gotta pay him the big money he wants, when his contract is up. He's an absolute bargain right now. I've never been big on paying RB's big money, (especially when they are hardly ever fully healthy like Carson)... unless they are the rare ones like Marshawn.

Decimation

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2bti1q2j said:

I didn’t think of it from this perspective, but you’re absolutely right.. We as fans were so spoiled with how durable a player like Beast Mode was. A lot of things about the teams from 12’-16’ have made us very spoiled as fans.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":2oktrhv0 said:

Everyone in the NFL has the same eyes we do.

Nobody is paying top dollar to a RB that can't stay on the field.

I am sure Seattle's offer will be right there with everyone else's. It will be on him to decide if he wants to stay here.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":aw4a71aw said:
We really, really need Penny. Just to catch passes on 3rd down. And to get to the edge on 3rd and 2.

Hyde is just Hyde. Decent 3rd string back. But nobody you want to see actually on the field unless you have to.

Sure he scored a TD. But at the end of the game, he really hurt us.

How many 3rd string RB's tallied 1000 yards rushing last year?

Just curious.

sutz

Reaction score
It boils down to numbers. If Carson is our starter, do we need an RB room with 8 guys in it? And can we afford to pay him $15 mill and still stock the backups we'll need to cover for his missed action?

I love the guy and his running style, but his personal goal was to play in 16 games this year. Does that look plausible?

Not much we can do now, and no I don't think Marshawn is the answer. In the end he didn't provide much more than an emotional lift last year. We should expect more this year? I doubt it.

Latest posts