I have been a huge fan of Carson

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
sdog1981":2ojvu3qa said:
jamescasey1124":2ojvu3qa said:
Chris is a top notch back. Regardless of injuries. You dont let that go. Sorry. It's stupid to do otherwise if money is there. Ecspecially for someone who has given everything he has to his team on a lower salary. Thats why your contracts for other positions have to be on point. So you have room to sign the impact players when needing to. Injuries come expected. Its football not figure skating. If you dont expect injuries you are dead standing!

Chris will be fine and ready for playoffs. Watch homer and dallas take off on you fans who only respond to players you have or havent seen thus far. I saw Homer's potential last year. There is a good reason the hawks are standing pat on rbs they have vs signing new ones they did last year. Scarbourogh etc. Plus, you dont know when penny will land. Bet when he steps in we have a few negative yards and then bam...50 yard scamper for td. Just wait and be patient. They know what they are doing. Trust the patience. We are 5 and 1 and the problem is pass defensive coverage.

Stupid teams and teams from the 90s pay money for running backs. They are as easy to find as 7th round draft picks, aka Chris Carson.

Except when you find quality...regardless of round drafted...aka tom brady...Russell...you pay them for their outstanding teamsmanship. Sticking around and playing through injuries because they have shown they are atleast worth the respect for you to give them consideration. Stupid comment man!!! Carson literally had his leg twisted in an alligator roll a few weeks ago and everyone thinks he should be fine? He is not just someone you let go. Promise you...if we let him go he will sign somewhere else and prove to you against the seahawks defense he will make us pay for it. You highly under estimate skill vs draft position and team needs. He has the effort plus some. Maybe you will see in playoffs when we need him and he is there to put us up a td with our exposed defense of the NFC powerhouses. Packers, rams, cards, or even buffalo(afc) who has proven in the last two weeks to be lesser of a team than they thought they were. You will be sadly mistaken for your comment.

sdog1981

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":1p4nyyjm said:
Except when you find quality...regardless of round drafted...aka tom brady...Russell...you pay them for their outstanding teamsmanship.

Going to have to stop you right there. QBs are not the same as running backs, you pay QBs and let running backs walk. No team in the last 20 years was made better by giving running backs big money contracts.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
sdog1981":v1zlm1vs said:
jamescasey1124":v1zlm1vs said:
Except when you find quality...regardless of round drafted...aka tom brady...Russell...you pay them for their outstanding teamsmanship.

Going to have to stop you right there. QBs are not the same as running backs, you pay QBs and let running backs walk. No team in the last 20 years was made better by giving running backs big money contracts.

You ain't stopping no one. Players are players not positions of money. I dont care if they are quarterbacks and he is a god dam rock on the ground. Doesnt matter. I player plays with effort...You pay their ass. Not let them walk. Who in the hell said he needs 5 yrs 90 mil Zeke offer? The cowboys are always stupid with money. Carson is going to ask for his price range between similiar running backs and depending on how long he thinks he can play. He is not going to ask for more than 10 mil a year and will probably only want to sign for up to three years. That's not breaking the bank. They just gave olsen 7 mil and garbage bj finney money and now he isnt even here.
Reward the ones that play. I dont mean just stepping on the field cuz everyone plays. You pay the ones who go out and physically break down before giving in. Your so lost man.

sdog1981

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":1uxevtuu said:
sdog1981":1uxevtuu said:
jamescasey1124":1uxevtuu said:

You ain't stopping no one. Players are players not positions of money. I dont care if they are quarterbacks and he is a god dam rock on the ground. Doesnt matter. I player plays with effort...You pay their ass. Not let them walk. Who in the hell said he needs 5 yrs 90 mil Zeke offer? The cowboys are always stupid with money. Carson is going to ask for his price range between similiar running backs and depending on how long he thinks he can play. He is not going to ask for more than 10 mil a year and will probably only want to sign for up to three years. That's not breaking the bank. They just gave olsen 7 mil and garbage bj finney money and now he isnt even here.
Reward the ones that play. I dont mean just stepping on the field cuz everyone plays. You pay the ones who go out and physically break down before giving in. Your so lost man.

I see the problem, you are completely unaware of the basic rules of the NFL. The NFL has a salary cap which limits how much money teams can pay players. NFL teams are limited by how many players they can have on the roster by this salary cap number. Teams discovered that only playing the best players at the most important positions resulted in wins, this deflated the value of the running back position due to the availability of replacements that played at the same level for less money. Players are positions of money and the salary cap ensures that.

Zap90

Reaction score
If you don’t re-sign Carson, then pretty much many RB”s in the draft would avoid playing for Seattle.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
As Carson, Homer, Hyde and Penny sit Dallas gets the reps he needs to learn pass blocking and blitz pick up. He’s already a good runner so maybe this takes care of itself?

TypeSly

Reaction score
Zap90":26bp5v1n said:
If you don’t re-sign Carson, then pretty much many RB”s in the draft would avoid playing for Seattle.

That's just silly. Because of one running back? In the end, I'd love to pay Carson for the quality RB he is. But the fact is, for big money, we need him in the big games (playoffs). Sentiment aside, the Seahawks are a business, just like any other NFL team.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Zap90":i52g6brt said:

100% Incorrect. There is no such thing as an NCAA or NFL running back union. Drafted running backs have 0 power, they can't blacklist teams for not paying running backs.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Zap90":3h1eeypz said:

Even if they somehow, magically had a say in the matter, I'm still not convinced that they would avoid playing for a team that has a history of being one of the most run-heavy offenses in the NFL, and has a track record of getting their RB rookie stars the stats they need to sign a big 2nd contract, even if that contract is with a different team. (Assuming that you are correct that Carson signing elsewhere for big money is establishing a track record)

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
sdog1981":as7xay7u said:
jamescasey1124":as7xay7u said:
sdog1981":as7xay7u said:
jamescasey1124":as7xay7u said:

I see the problem, you are completely unaware of the basic rules of the NFL. The NFL has a salary cap which limits how much money teams can pay players. NFL teams are limited by how many players they can have on the roster by this salary cap number. Teams discovered that only playing the best players at the most important positions resulted in wins, this deflated the value of the running back position due to the availability of replacements that played at the same level for less money. Players are positions of money and the salary cap ensures that.

No I see the problem. You are a God dam moron. I understand the cap and understand it better than you. You are dumb thinking they let him walk and will sign him for close to what he wants, but still team friendly. Ecspecially if it means letting go a couple of other guys here and there.
He will take it because he is happy to play here. He bust his ass for us and we bust our as for him mentality. They did the same for bobby and russ. Your a dam idiot comparing every other team experience and shelf life of a rb with the seahawks. They dont care what other teams do and will easily side with their players.

Zap90

Reaction score
TypeSly":2nfvqf6h said:
Zap90":2nfvqf6h said:

That's just silly. Because of one running back? In the end, I'd love to pay Carson for the quality RB he is. But the fact is, for big money, we need him in the big games (playoffs). Sentiment aside, the Seahawks are a business, just like any other NFL team.

No it’s Penny also. Look at how much Carson was making his first 3 years. He was making the minimum and had to sacrifice his body for the team. Players from college would know and understand that Seattle doesn’t take care of RBs and use them and discard them when done. A bigger picture would be Aaron Jones in Green Bay

TypeSly

Reaction score
Zap90":38depaqz said:
TypeSly":38depaqz said:
Zap90":38depaqz said:

No it’s Penny also. Look at how much Carson was making his first 3 years. He was making the minimum and had to sacrifice his body for the team. Players from college would know and understand that Seattle doesn’t take care of RBs and use them and discard them when done. A bigger picture would be Aaron Jones in Green Bay

Well then, you would have to point the finger at every NFL team. Every team is a business (in the business of trying to win). The RB's career is the shortest out of any position due to wear and tear. The ones that prove they can last longer, deserve to get paid. I doubt any up and coming RB is saying "no" to Seattle, when they're being drafted. Besides, Seattle doesn't pick lottery RB's early in the 1st round anyways (Thank god).

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
Basis4day":3qhc4wwx said:
Name me a RB who never, ever, misses a game on any team due to injury.
Marshawn Lynch spoiled the fan base with his durability and availability.

Carson’s injury history will be part of any contract negotiation going forward.
Football is a violent sport and there is no such thing as a “healthy” football player.

If he plays the rest of the season, stays healthy and balls out that would definitely make me reconsider.

However I've watched this team the last two years have to trot out Marshawn, Homer, Dallas, etc. because Penny and Carson haven't been available when we needed them.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2zkb0bz8 said:
TypeSly":2zkb0bz8 said:
Sgt. Largent":2zkb0bz8 said:
TypeSly":2zkb0bz8 said:
Yeah, but Carson is never on the field, for even close to a full season. Marshawn was always on the field, even when the Seahawks were a heavy, run-first offence.

Did you read my post? Marshawn is not the norm in the league, Carson is. So us thinking it's Carson and he needs to go is inaccurate.

We drafted one of the most physical healthiest non injury prone RB's in all of college football in Penny two years ago, and he's hurt.

So to say "hey we need to move on from Carson because he gets hurt all the time" is a false narrative.

I'm not saying to move on from Carson, unless we gotta pay him the big money he wants, when his contract is up. He's an absolute bargain right now. I've never been big on paying RB's big money, (especially when they are hardly ever fully healthy like Carson)... unless they are the rare ones like Marshawn.
So, hmm, use him up, exploit his healthy, his grit & determination, and then $h!t-can him because he wants to get paid?
Without a viable Run game, Russ is being asked to do a hell of a lot more, with less?

You know when he's not on the field, he's not a viable run game either. Do you take the player who is A skill but only can play half the games and the other half of the games you're left trying to figure shit out...or do you perhaps take two players that are B skill level but you can RELY ON to be there game after game...unless Carson balls out in the playoffs and/or suddenly wants a huge discount for his market value (which he won't). Gonna have to let him walk.

themunn

Reaction score
Running backs miss games. It's part and parcel with the position.

Adrian Peterson has only played a full 16 games 5 times in his career. Marsham Lynch 4 times - and only once in his first 5 seasons. Those are the best 2 RBs of the previous decade and even they 'couldn't stay healthy'.

If Carson can manage 14 plus games per season then you get a good return, which he has each of the last 2 years. It was unfortunate that he suffered a season ending break last year just before the playoffs, but if the guy misses a game or two because of a sprain in mid season it's no cause for concern. Particularly for a guy who runs as hard as he does.

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
Just gonna bump this after us being stuck with Homer for an entire game, almost getting Russ killed.

Yes running backs miss games, but the amount of games our running backs are missing is simply unacceptable. Russ needs a reliable partner in the backfield.

TypeSly

Reaction score
davidonmi":3hrzy472 said:
Just gonna bump this after us being stuck with Homer for an entire game, almost getting Russ killed.

Yes running backs miss games, but the amount of games our running backs are missing is simply unacceptable. Russ needs a reliable partner in the backfield.

Homer had a big game today. Wasn't he second in receiving? No sacks on Wilson while he was in the game, on limited reps. He's a blocking back, who happened to be #1 on the depth chart for running as well, because of our two main glassbacks.

I think people just like to rag on Homer, for whatever reason. Is it his name? What is it?

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
TypeSly":1ydr93or said:
davidonmi":1ydr93or said:

Homer had a big game today. Wasn't he second in receiving? No sacks on Wilson while he was in the game, on limited reps. He's a blocking back, who happened to be #1 on the depth chart for running as well, because of our two main glassbacks.

I think people just like to rag on Homer, for whatever reason. Is it his name? What is it?
I have nothing against homer as a 3rd down back but when he is in the backfield there is absolutely no running threat.

PNW

Reaction score
Sure I’d love to keep him.....just not for more than 8 million a year.

TypeSly

Reaction score
davidonmi":2kpkuldr said:
TypeSly":2kpkuldr said:
davidonmi":2kpkuldr said:

I have nothing against homer as a 3rd down back but when he is in the backfield there is absolutely no running threat.

I know. You do have to keep the other team honest, by running him once in a while, as to not totally give it away as a passing play. Having said that, the coaching staff out-smarted themselves (again) today. They had our one horse-back (Collins) blocking, and Homer running, as to not give it away. But they were only fooling themselves lol.

Homer is a kid, who needs to hit the weights and fill out, just like DJ. But he's an A+ blocking back and a B+ receiving back, which is so rare and valuable for a young back. But you're right, he's a taylormade 3rd down NFL back. Problem is, there were no 1st and 2nd down backs available at that point.