I hope I'm dead wrong

London12

Reaction score
I hear you. There's just so much wrong with the team at the moment. We've also lost that it factor as someone mentioned, it's hard to believe the way you used to. We are crazy inconsistent and execute poorly on both sides of the ball at different times. On top of what you said:

We still have many key plays where Jimmy isn't even lined up. Not that he wasn't targeted, he wasn't lined up! Will we ever line him up as a WR?

Rawls is a problem, love the guy but he's perma-injured. That being said, it's difficult for him as he's basically met at the bloody snap due to our..

Offensive line. Whilst this improved second half, we need just a major major reshuffle. Do what you need to do, they are atrocious and we need new personnel.

Bevell - everyone knows this.

Defense - turn around please, dial up more blitzes please.

OPIKearse - caught a TD and I'm delighted, he's still a problem though.

Steven Hauschka is no longer money.

Why did we cut our LS for minimal gain when it's messed us up so badly,

The fact that so many of these issues have been evident for so long without any effort to rectify is what worries me most..

Poor Lockett :(

Pie Romania

Reaction score
This team is a coin flip. The talent to beat anyone, but you never know what team you're going to get. Don't get me wrong, I love the Seahawks and no other team, but I am starting to dread the games. Of course, I still watch....Hoping we don't see more of the same, but I'm not betting on it.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Pie Romania":2lct93wg said:
I am starting to dread the games.

I understand this. I'm not sure I 'dread' games -- but today I wasn't excited about this one. It felt like if we won -- expected. If we lost, it'd lead to a mass panic. And what actually happened was we lost, there isn't really a panic -- just a big dose of reality about what this team is.

Of course we hope that something happens in the playoffs. A miracle or something.

The reality is, and we all know it really, there isn't a cat in hell's chance this team wins the Super Bowl this year. They might not even win that home playoff game in the wildcard. And then the question will be -- are we on the downturn? Is the peak over with this group? Because it's pretty damn hard to just conjure up a running game and a re-established identity in one off-season.

bighawk

Reaction score
There's an internal problem with this team but I believe the hunger is gone. With Earl thinking about retirement, Bennett wanting a new deal, he deserves it, the, o-line is atrocious, cable and bevell no need to explain. I love this team but the league is not intimidated of the c-link or the team in general. Changes must be made but they can recapture there hunger. Fight for each other hawks that is how you won in the first place.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
As far as 'entertaining' goes...
Some people find 58-0 wins entertaining. I'm one of those.
Some people find games like this, that come down to the end win-or-lose, entertaining. I'm also one of those.
But, the former is purely entertaining. The latter is entertaining/exasperating. Enterasperating, I suppose.
At least we aren't the Browns, or the 1992 Seahawks.

cymatica

Reaction score
Both the Coords have really no balls IMHO, and both have horrible situational awareness.

Agree. Looks like they play not to lose until the 4th quarter

flmmkrz

Reaction score
cymatica":3da88bop said:
Both the Coords have really no balls IMHO, and both have horrible situational awareness.

Agree. Looks like they play not to lose until the 4th quarter

Richard plays the opposite to me. He seems to be okay when there's plenty of time on the clock but when it comes down to crunch time he plays it safe trying not to lose instead of trying to win.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3gcvyyka said:
Pie Romania":3gcvyyka said:

I understand this. I'm not sure I 'dread' games -- but today I wasn't excited about this one. It felt like if we won -- expected. If we lost, it'd lead to a mass panic. And what actually happened was we lost, there isn't really a panic -- just a big dose of reality about what this team is.

Of course we hope that something happens in the playoffs. A miracle or something.

The reality is, and we all know it really, there isn't a cat in hell's chance this team wins the Super Bowl this year. They might not even win that home playoff game in the wildcard. And then the question will be -- are we on the downturn? Is the peak over with this group? Because it's pretty damn hard to just conjure up a running game and a re-established identity in one off-season.

I used the term loosely, but what I mean is that even in games we SHOULD WIN and do, most times they're extremely stressful when there's no reason they should be. I knew at half time this team would make a game of it, still likely lose, but of course hoped for a better outcome. A coin flip, a roller coaster, whatever you want to call it, it's rough way more often than not this season IMO.

This season constantly reminds me of this song; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwx8Voq373A

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I lost faith in this team after the packers game. This team is going no where this year.

Sealake80

Reaction score
It does not look good. I admit that. Have been aware of the inconsistencies and problems all season long.

However we can still get right and win it all. FACT.

We are done? FALSE

If we do right the ship and make it to the Super Bowl and win that would be an excellent lesson for all the frustrated fans who give up on the team after every loss and say its over we can't win. There have been times this year we look every bit the part of champs. If we do that for just a couple games in a row? Champs.

Maybe its a long shot but why not beleive anyway? It is possible. At least were in the playoffs with a chance. My advice is enjoy it. Dont piss it away with a defeatist attitude. OP is right in that at the very least us fans can HOPE. Why not?

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I hated to start this thread as it's a downer. Thanks to everyone that has posting in here by keeping it civil.
I hate feeling this way about the team I love, it sucks.

Forget football for a bit and enjoy your families.
Again, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

Team Slapaho

Reaction score
chet380":36g6fri3 said:
Steve2222":36g6fri3 said:
Not only do I have zero confidence, they're no longer entertaining either. They're not a good team.
Down 13 with 2:50 to go and they score 2 TD's!! ... NOT ENTERTAINING??

They are always playing from behind, slow starts and enept play calling, for once it would be nice to start out fast and and finish fast

NJlargent

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1z0zrqdm said:
Pie Romania":1z0zrqdm said:

This is imho the best post of the day (post game) and really captures my feelings to a tee. I also think we paid top dollar for a "hungry" defense that lost its hunger a couple of seasons ago and neglected an offense that sadly needs revamping.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Am I the only one here who still thinks we have a shot to win?

Teams have slumps and hot streaks right? Why not us?

I understand being skeptical or not getting your hopes toooooooooo high at this point. I know after every loss it feels like the sky is falling but dang it i still feel like we got a good shot. Am I frwaking alone in that on .net?

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3v6i6z3z said:
Sadly, I knew when they left a minute on the clock Arizona would move right down the field.

We have no pass rush.
Yep, I thought the same thing.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Team Slapaho":2tgy5zpg said:
chet380":2tgy5zpg said:
Steve2222":2tgy5zpg said:
Not only do I have zero confidence, they're no longer entertaining either. They're not a good team.
Down 13 with 2:50 to go and they score 2 TD's!! ... NOT ENTERTAINING??

They are always playing from behind, slow starts and enept play calling, for once it would be nice to start out fast and and finish fast

Evidently you missed it when the announcers expressed astonishment that we were down in this game for so long, considering that we'd only been behind at home for a total of like a half hour all year.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1x8lp6ur said:
FlyingGreg":1x8lp6ur said:
Sadly, I knew when they left a minute on the clock Arizona would move right down the field.

We have no pass rush.
Yep, I thought the same thing.

Well, I'll admit while I worried that would be the case, I was still stunned to see them two plays later knocking on the TD door. The defense def. came out wobbly on that drive and it cost us dearly.

It's been that way for so much of the season, though. Either our offense is horrid, or our D is almost as bad.

Been far and few between when both were firing on all cylinders.

Crizilla

Reaction score
i havent been super confident about this team all year. Miami owned our O-line on week 1. Ever since then it's been a disaster for the most part. The Pats game was awesome, but no bright spots outside that. Offense either looks amazing or looks dreadful...as in...one of the worst offensive units in Seahawk history. Add in the injuries to Thomas and Lockett (praying for lockett espeically that was horrific), I wouldnt be surprised to not win a playoff game this year. Bad O-line screws up everything on offense. It doesn't even look like our O-line is that big compared to other teams. I won't say it was a wasted season just yet though. Lets see if they make a run in the playoffs.