I hope I'm dead wrong

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sealake80":34db647p said:
Am I the only one here who still thinks we have a shot to win?

Teams have slumps and hot streaks right? Why not us?

I understand being skeptical or not getting your hopes toooooooooo high at this point. I know after every loss it feels like the sky is falling but dang it i still feel like we got a good shot. Am I frwaking alone in that on .net?
I still think they have a shot, BUT I feel like the have to execute, scheme, and playcall perfectly. I have no confidence in any of those things right now. Who knows, maybe THIS LOSS will be the wake up call, but I'm not counting on it. Also the guys filling in have to have play above their heads. Shead, Terrell, and Lane have to do a 180 degree turn on their play, all had poor games today.

warden

Reaction score
We are not as good as we hoped we would be. Thus the inconsistency, the really good teams are more consistent than we are

Jeremy517

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3sp1ayrw said:
Sadly, I knew when they left a minute on the clock Arizona would move right down the field.

I was yelling at Wilson and Baldwin to stay in bounds and run the clock down. Unfortunately the end-of-game instinct is to get out-of-bounds there.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Yup its a long shot. I am glad they still have a chance though. Im sure everyone here is even if they sound grumpy.

So many years when we knew we were really done. For real. No playoffs. I think realistically knowing its a long shot still gets me hella excited after all those years watching everyone else play in the playoffs. How much easier is it to hope beyond hope now. When we actually secured a ticket to the post season! We are so close!!!

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Sealake80":2s2wo7f8 said:

I understand being skeptical or not getting your hopes toooooooooo high at this point. I know after every loss it feels like the sky is falling but dang it i still feel like we got a good shot. Am I frwaking alone in that on .net?
I'm with you on that.

Plenty of teams in seasons past have gotten hot at the right time. Why not us?

We have seen all facets of this team - even the offense - play very well at times, proving that the possibility of putting it all together is still there.

Geologic

Reaction score
It reminds me of the 2012 playoff run. Just enjoy the ride :0190l:

MrThortan

Reaction score
Not confident, but always hopeful. This team seems to be having a bit of an identity crisis this year, but as long as there is a path to the Superbowl I will have hope. Not going to bet the farm on hope though.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
warden":1qupnb43 said:
We are not as good as we hoped we would be. Thus the inconsistency, the really good teams are more consistent than we are

This is exactly why we're seeing these gloom and doom "We're the mostest horrible team in the history of the NFL" posts. We're not, but we think we should be a lot better. Unfortunately with the injuries and horrible offensive line, we're not, and we're not going to be. We can still win it all, but it's going to take some great play and good breaks.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Makes sense. At one point this season I felt sure we were going to win the rest of our games. It has been a tough ride down to earth about that. The injuries sure have hurt as well. Hate to see our guys go down.

The slight possibility of seeing the Seahawks put it all together at the same time to win it all... or even just getting lucky breaks... at this point that is all I need. Who knows maybe we could even win it all looking like shit! We are still in it. Thank goodness.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":1xrc7yo4 said:
Sealake80":1xrc7yo4 said:

I'm with you on that.

We have seen all facets of this team - even the offense - play very well at times, proving that the possibility of putting it all together is still there.

I'm all for being positive. Here is the thing though, it has come to a point where one has to ask before every game, what team is coming to play. I do not even think it is a coin flip anymore but for argument sake let's say it is. Also let's say we get a #2 seed and a bye. This means we have to be on the good team side for 3 strait games to win the SB. Hell, not to mention I do not even think it is 50/50 anymore. Its getting to the point where there is a better chance we play like dog crap for a game.

Also we have to win our last season game and 2 other teams have to lose for us to get the #2 seed. So we are probably going to be a 3 or 4 seed. Now we need to show up and play 4 good games in row. Hasn't happened yet this season. Don't think its even happened 3 games in a row. This is why I think most here, including myself, are pretty down. I am, however, grateful to make the playoffs though.

Sealake80

Reaction score
I admit Im down too. Just trying to look on the bright side I guess. There is still hope for this season.

kf3339

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2wl4jjp3 said:
It's everything.

You can't rely on the offense, defense or special teams.

They might step up to the plate. They might look really good.

But they equally might be absolutely astonishingly bad.

And that is a major departure from what we've come to expect from this team.

Agreed. You just don't know what type of play will happen from week to week. I haven't seen this in the PC era until this season. Even his first two years you could still see the hope. Not now.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Geologic":3mxpcg58 said:
It reminds me of the 2012 playoff run. Just enjoy the ride :0190l:

That's part of the problem though. The way that 2012 season built momentum... it was a magical season.

This is the opposite. We're gradually declining.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I'm trying to enjoy this season, but I feel like a dog who's repeatedly given a treat then promptly whacked on the nose with a newspaper. Every time the team raises my hopes, it quickly dashes them – often in mind-boggling ways. It kinda makes me not want the treat for fear of the letdown.

I've taken to doing something else while the game plays in the background just to stay somewhat level-headed and avoid miring in the swamp of sadness. The past 4 seasons I was laser-focused on every bit of every game, appreciating the highs and lows. This one is overwhelmingly frustrating.

It could be a lot worse, but the recent past taught us it could be better than this.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":xh0dydb3 said:
LeftHandSmoke":xh0dydb3 said:
Sealake80":xh0dydb3 said:

I'm with you on that.

I'm all for being positive. Here is the thing though, it has come to a point where one has to ask before every game, what team is coming to play. I do not even think it is a coin flip anymore but for argument sake let's say it is. Also let's say we get a #2 seed and a bye. This means we have to be on the good team side for 3 strait games to win the SB. Hell, not to mention I do not even think it is 50/50 anymore. Its getting to the point where there is a better chance we play like dog crap for a game.

Also we have to win our last season game and 2 other teams have to lose for us to get the #2 seed. So we are probably going to be a 3 or 4 seed. Now we need to show up and play 4 good games in row. Hasn't happened yet this season. Don't think its even happened 3 games in a row. This is why I think most here, including myself, are pretty down. I am, however, grateful to make the playoffs though.
For sure, consistency has been hard to come by on both offense and defense.

But most of the 6 NFC playoff teams have the same problem. Even the Cowboys struggle at times and eek out wins against weak teams; GB is on a hot streak, they may be the most consistent - at the moment anyway.

As usual, the entire narrative on .net this week would be different if just a couple plays had gone differently. With a nail biter 1-point win instead the pendulum for a lot of posters would be fully at the other extreme. And the endlessly-repetitive Bevell ranting and the Graham Is A Giant fantasy-wish put on the back burner. Even here there is no consistency, the ranters run far more hot and cold than even the normal playoff team.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
You're not dead wrong at all. This team isn't going to last long in January. Losing Earl Thomas started the unraveling of the season.

JS and Pete need to take a long look at how they've been doing things in the offseason. The offensive line is a joke. We can't go into 2017 with J'Marcus Webb and Bradley Sowell as your big FA additions to remedy the line.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
See this is why I rarely post. You guys are a bunch of spoiled brats. Another division win, a playoff spot and a chance, one game at a time, to win the Superbowl.

I've watched almost every game since the early 80s and if you think watching a team battle through injuries, personality conflicts and everything else to win a division and make the playoffs isn't fun then you either don't like football or you're just another average blue friday fist bumper at the grocery store looking for attention.

Personally, I've been an AVID fan of the Seahawks and I like to see my team at the TOP of the standings any chance I get because I've seen em at the bottom way too many times.

You'll never know what it really feels like to be a winner if youve never been a loser. If this team starts to lose I sure hope all of you "real" fans keep posting since you just love the game so much.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
For me, the major problem with this Seahawks team is none other than Tom Cable. The buck has to stop with him. The OL has been a problem -- for years -- and lack of improvement is evident EVERY YEAR. During the 1-st half of the Arizona game, I actually had the thought that the coming draft should go OL,OL, DT, OL, RB, then everything else, but in retrospect it's easier to just get rid of Cable and replace him with a coach that can actually coach up offensive linemen. If a head coach were to perform like Cable, he'd be gone sooner rather than later. IMO, the OL is where all the Seahawks offensive problems start and Cable isn't doing his job and hasn't done his job for years. Seeing OL guys that are confused and don't know what they are doing, don't know who to block & even how to block is very much a COACHING problem that must change for any continuing team success.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
djb28":3koy0gzr said:
Well. We should have won that game. A missed extra point doesnt make you a pretender. They played their asses off to get in the position to win that game.
The only thing the extra point would have done is make it a 2 point loss instead of a 3 point loss.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Yesterday's game was sort of a reality check imo. For those of us who've watched the Hawks for a long time ('98 for me, I'm young don't judge) the past 5 years has been almost unreal. It's unusual to see the Seahawks be consistently dominant, with wins and playoff appearances being the expectations, not wishful thinking.

Yesterday's game was sort of like a flashback in some ways. Our team got pushed around, got down early, fought their way back, but came up short. That's what drew me to the Hawks (other than the local team across the state). It hurts losing, but seeing the team fight back and go down swinging can bring a grown man to tears.

I have faith in this team, and want these guys to succeed. But I'm not expecting anything other than a second round exit at this point. Which is fine, to me, because it's better than what I grew up watching. Some of the newer fans might consider anything other than a superbowl a failure, which is fair considering the talent level on this roster, but the Seahawks always have that aura of being the mediocre, average team who wins games you don't expect, but loses the easy ones. Go Seahawks!