I'm destroyed, but..

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
At least this game made me feel something. We kept it super close with a team that's got the highest point diff in the league by a solid amount. Hardly a "victory," and no one should ever strive to just "keep it close," but...

That's better than what we've been getting. I'm happy to see some competitiveness, at least.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It was a way to lose with dignity. At least we had some offense. I'm just not sure what's going on with the defense.

I don't think Clint Hurtt is justifying his job any more than Ken Norton did, and Clint has more talent to work with.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
If anything, we felt on par with Dallas. I'm not saying that's a big deal, Dallas's schedule is soft as ass, but there are worst teams to be a fan of right now.

Not to mention, one of the worst officiated games I've seen.

cymatica

Reaction score
The offense played how they should have all year. The defense was a steaming pile of 💩 and not competitive at all. The officiating cemented the fact that the NFL is suiciding itself on purpose, full time refs could easily be implemented

mistaowen

Reaction score
Was some actual fire from the offense tonight. Been missing for over a month. Was fun to see the offense actually generate some explosives tonight. JSN is going to be a monster.

Defense is and has been a mess for quite some time and needs to be burned to the ground. Firing Hurtt does nothing because he’s just an extension of Pete. Another Pete appendage will take his spot.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Yeah I expected a two score loss.

Offense showed up. 35 points should be enough to win most games. Defense and their penalties did not.

Chapow

Reaction score
I'm not even remotely devastated. I didn't think we had a chance in hell of winning this game and completely expected to get curb stomped. I'm not really happy, sad, mad, or anything else. Pretty much just shocked we didn't get embarrassed to the point of emasculation.

James in PA

Reaction score
Waldon just saved his job for the rest of the year. We'll see if they can carry any momentum from this game. I suspect we'll still get curb stomped in Santa Clara. I hate this defense so much. I hate that this team can never put a complete game together.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm not even remotely devastated. I didn't think we had a chance in hell of winning this game and completely expected to get curb stomped. I'm not really happy, sad, mad, or anything else. Pretty much just shocked we didn't get embarrassed to the point of emasculation.
I was initially furious in a way I haven't been in a while

It was compounded by hangriness. Ate pizza and now I'm just grateful that I got my favorite part of fandom tonight - high stakes, close battles. Can't get better entertainment than that.

renofox

Reaction score
It was a way to lose with dignity. At least we had some offense. I'm just not sure what's going on with the defense.

I don't think Clint Hurtt is justifying his job any more than Ken Norton did, and Clint has more talent to work with.
I don't think Hurtt is actually running this defense. We've had the same weaknesses through multiple OCs.

The DB coach obviously doesn't think turning your head and finding the ball is worth coaching up. That failure cost multiple penalties and missed INTs tonight.

The OL coach isn't doing much better.

Bottom line, it all starts and ends with PC. He hired all the coaches and it's his responsibility to coach his coaches. He has failed miserably.

mistaowen

Reaction score

I just don’t know what change happens with Clint gone. I completely agree and thought last year was enough of him as a DC. But given all the half-assed fangio stuff they tried to implement I wasn’t surprised he stayed. This year? Even worse. With more talent, more draft picks, more money compared to the O.

I would love something new from the defense but worry Pete just pulls another lifer from the depths of his assistant defensive coaches to run the same thing. They desperately need new blood and a new vision for that side of the ball. There’s no excuse for how bad they are each week.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I just don’t know what change happens with Clint gone. I completely agree and thought last year was enough of him as a DC. But given all the half-assed fangio stuff they tried to implement I wasn’t surprised he stayed. This year? Even worse. With more talent, more draft picks, more money compared to the O.

I would love something new from the defense but worry Pete just pulls another lifer from the depths of his assistant defensive coaches to run the same thing. They desperately need new blood and a new vision for that side of the ball. There’s no excuse for how bad they are each week.
I don't know if he'll be given that option this time around. He's probably safe in his job unless he decides to move on, but there's gonna be some pressure on getting experienced dudes on staff if they clean the assistants.

Speaking of moving on... if he does do that, it'd be really interesting to see what he does if he returns to college...

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
At least this game made me feel something. We kept it super close with a team that's got the highest point diff in the league by a solid amount. Hardly a "victory," and no one should ever strive to just "keep it close," but...

That's better than what we've been getting. I'm happy to see some competitiveness, at least.
I have to agree. And no way that Dallas team does anything in the playoffs against Philly or San Fran. Teams with defenses will demolish that team.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Look at what the Ravens did bringing in a young new guy to run their D from college. Historically strong unit that had kind of fallen apart past few seasons with older defensive guys calling the shots. They’re mauling teams now with super creative schemes and not too much change in personnel. Clint was such a “meh” hire, promoting from within on a bad defense makes no sense to me.

Last edited:

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I still firmly believe the team should clean house and move on from Pete and Geno is a stop gap, buuuut…

I was getting happy for the first time in weeks watching the Hawks. The offense was clicking and it felt like when they had the ball that something was gonna happen.

Defense really let the offense down and mein gott, those penalties. Both Hawks and Cowboys. Refs really want to be the main characters.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I still firmly believe the team should clean house and move on from Pete and Geno is a stop gap, buuuut…

I was getting happy for the first time in weeks watching the hawks. The offense was clicking and it felt like when they had the bowl that something was gonna happen.

Defense really let the offense down and mein gott, those penalties. Both Hawks and Cowboys. Refs really want to be the main characters.
That's the problem. Even if we "show up" in the next two games, the Defense will fold like a house of cards...

This defense is garbage. I don't think it's talent, though we are weak at linebacker and on the line, and at Safety, but they are coached so badly, they can't scheme a win.

BGHawk

Reaction score
Ya know... it's a game man... that's all it is... WTF is wrong with you! You got some serious issues man... it's one thing to to be frustrated because of a loss or a bad season but your waaaay the f@ck out of line... f@ck you!!
Yeah, it's a game ..but when you are playing a game at a elite level ..you do not put a scrub in to coach the team