I'm destroyed, but..

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
That's the problem. Even if we "show up" in the next two games, the Defense will fold like a house of cards...

This defense is garbage. I don't think it's talent, though we are weak at linebacker and on the line, and at Safety, but they are coached so badly, they can't scheme a win.
Coaching on defense has been ass post LOB. I think it is a talent issue.

By that I mean the LOB had generational talent on it combined with other talented supporting casts. Those guys just were better than their contemporaries and overpowered them with sheer talent.

That’s gone now.

Post LOB you weren’t gonna get that pool again. Now you needed to coach up rather than relay on pure skill. I think this is where the coaching and Pete fail. Like trying to will something into being and make the game a talent v talent thing.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I thought Norton was calling the game tonight. At least, that is what it looked like.
I don't even know if I care as much about scheme twiddling and play calling at this point, as much as I've gone down that road. I just want someone to coach with more detail orientation. Play simple, whatever, sure, but we've gotta get better at the ins-and-outs.

Slightly more man mixed in wouldn't hurt either on late downs, I'd suppose, but we'll get our shit carved up even worse that way if we play sloppy. At least you're keeping it in front of you if you play too soft in zone.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Even in relation to KNJ, Hurtt's been a disappointment. There's been improvement this year, but there sure better have been after 2022, which felt even worse than the Tedric/Lano years.

James in PA

Reaction score
Don't get too high on the offense. We are playing the best defense is football a week from Sunday and we'll go back to looking like crap again. Hurtt will be saying thank you because as the defense continues to get torched, at least all of the attention won't be on them when the O only puts up 10-13 points in Santa Clara.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Don't get too high on the offense. We are playing the best defense is football a week from Sunday and we'll go back to looking like crap again. Hurtt will be saying thank you because as the defense continues to get torched, at least all of the attention won't be on them when the O only puts up 10-13 points in Santa Clara.
I'm sure this is true, but regardless, that's a Dan Quinn coached defense with a top-3 defender in the league and we just dumped ("we" not including Tyler Lockett) all over Bland, who has what - 5 pick sixes this year?

That's not ineptitude, at the very least.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
I don't even know if I care as much about scheme twiddling and play calling at this point, as much as I've gone down that road. I just want someone to coach with more detail orientation. Play simple, whatever, sure, but we've gotta get better at the ins-and-outs.

Slightly more man mixed in wouldn't hurt either on late downs, I'd suppose, but we'll get our shit carved up even worse that way if we play sloppy. At least you're keeping it in front of you if you play too soft in zone.
There are only so many things you can call when you have to hide Bobby. His deficiencies at this point are trickling down to everyone else. There are others with issues as well, but he is limiting their ability to at least offer different looks. It's too late to change anything this year

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Yeah I expected a two score loss.

Offense showed up. 35 points should be enough to win most games. Defense and their penalties did not.
35 points should be enough for Pete to go 37-0, I mean 36-1, with the Hawks.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
There are only so many things you can call when you have to hide Bobby. His deficiencies at this point are trickling down to everyone else. There are others with issues as well, but he is limiting their ability to at least offer different looks. It's too late to change anything this year
The safeties have a much harder job and Witherspoon's versatility in the slot can only cover so much.

It's so sad watching Bobby, man.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score

On that note, Uchena being out hurts bad and they need 2 new LBs and a reworking of the safety room at a minimum to be consistently above average on D

LTH

Reaction score
On that note, Uchena being out hurts bad and they need 2 new LBs and a reworking of the safety room at a minimum to be consistently above average on D
Nwosu was a HUGE loss!

Greenhell

Reaction score
I want Pete fired in HUMILUIATING fashion. I hope they embarrass the shit out of him and bring the PAIN! **** Pete...
Exactly, this 💯. All this game did was bring the borderline "let's fire Pete" crowd back from the ledge and now they're saying, "Well, let's give the ol'guy another chance". Nope. I had enough of Pete and I want him and all his coaching staff gone. We need new. Plain and simple.

NJHawk

Reaction score
At least this game made me feel something. We kept it super close with a team that's got the highest point diff in the league by a solid amount. Hardly a "victory," and no one should ever strive to just "keep it close," but...

That's better than what we've been getting. I'm happy to see some competitiveness, at least.
I try to not let myself feel anything anymore. It's sad because I really wanted to get amped up last night and they almost sucked me back in but in the end, we shit the bed as usual. We need alot of changes

HawkFreak

Reaction score
I want Pete fired in HUMILUIATING fashion. I hope they embarrass the shit out of him and bring the PAIN! **** Pete...
I think we all know that this will NEVER happen.

Our only hope of anything changing soon may be a continued stretch of losing will become a "come to reality" moment for him and he realizes that it's time for a change at HC.

xray

Reaction score
The Hawks played above and beyond their actual abilities ; and maybe the best game this season ; but it still wasn't enough to upset an overrated Dallas team that really isn't that gr8 . Imho