I hope I'm dead wrong

mrt144

Reaction score
Steve2222":13yj5v1w said:
Not only do I have zero confidence, they're no longer entertaining either. They're not a good team.

They're like an abuse GF who tears you down and builds you up every single Sunday.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Jerhawk":23rcjpgb said:
Yesterday's game was sort of a reality check imo. For those of us who've watched the Hawks for a long time ('98 for me, I'm young don't judge) the past 5 years has been almost unreal. It's unusual to see the Seahawks be consistently dominant, with wins and playoff appearances being the expectations, not wishful thinking.

Yesterday's game was sort of like a flashback in some ways. Our team got pushed around, got down early, fought their way back, but came up short. That's what drew me to the Hawks (other than the local team across the state). It hurts losing, but seeing the team fight back and go down swinging can bring a grown man to tears.

I have faith in this team, and want these guys to succeed. But I'm not expecting anything other than a second round exit at this point. Which is fine, to me, because it's better than what I grew up watching. Some of the newer fans might consider anything other than a superbowl a failure, which is fair considering the talent level on this roster, but the Seahawks always have that aura of being the mediocre, average team who wins games you don't expect, but loses the easy ones. Go Seahawks!
I feel much the same way. Will watch every snap knowing they will go down, inevitably, but fighting all the way. They already deserve applause for winning the division, anything else they can achieve is at this point gravy.

Am also cautiously optimistic about this young OL maturing and improving over the offseason, keeping us a team to contend with next year.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
BlueBlood":32g50377 said:
See this is why I rarely post. You guys are a bunch of spoiled brats. Another division win, a playoff spot and a chance, one game at a time, to win the Superbowl.

I've watched almost every game since the early 80s and if you think watching a team battle through injuries, personality conflicts and everything else to win a division and make the playoffs isn't fun then you either don't like football or you're just another average blue friday fist bumper at the grocery store looking for attention.

Personally, I've been an AVID fan of the Seahawks and I like to see my team at the TOP of the standings any chance I get because I've seen em at the bottom way too many times.

You'll never know what it really feels like to be a winner if youve never been a loser. If this team starts to lose I sure hope all of you "real" fans keep posting since you just love the game so much.

I'm right there with you.

Even though it cost us the chance at Drew Bledsoe...God was I excited when we beat Denver 13-10 in OT to win our 2nd game in '92!

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":dii7fsr6 said:
Jerhawk":dii7fsr6 said:
Yesterday's game was sort of a reality check imo. For those of us who've watched the Hawks for a long time ('98 for me, I'm young don't judge) the past 5 years has been almost unreal. It's unusual to see the Seahawks be consistently dominant, with wins and playoff appearances being the expectations, not wishful thinking.

Yesterday's game was sort of like a flashback in some ways. Our team got pushed around, got down early, fought their way back, but came up short. That's what drew me to the Hawks (other than the local team across the state). It hurts losing, but seeing the team fight back and go down swinging can bring a grown man to tears.

I have faith in this team, and want these guys to succeed. But I'm not expecting anything other than a second round exit at this point. Which is fine, to me, because it's better than what I grew up watching. Some of the newer fans might consider anything other than a superbowl a failure, which is fair considering the talent level on this roster, but the Seahawks always have that aura of being the mediocre, average team who wins games you don't expect, but loses the easy ones. Go Seahawks!
I feel much the same way. Will watch every snap knowing they will go down, inevitably, but fighting all the way. They already deserve applause for winning the division, anything else they can achieve is at this point gravy.

Am also cautiously optimistic about this young OL maturing and improving over the offseason, keeping us a team to contend with next year.

You guys are both spot on. I was at the game yesterday and that 2nd half and 4Q was just about as good as it gets.

And I just posted this in another thread as well: this identical roster going into next season with the assumption that we stay relatively healthy for the whole season...is easily a 12-win team.

mrt144

Reaction score
BlueBlood":3ft67me0 said:
See this is why I rarely post. You guys are a bunch of spoiled brats. Another division win, a playoff spot and a chance, one game at a time, to win the Superbowl.

I've watched almost every game since the early 80s and if you think watching a team battle through injuries, personality conflicts and everything else to win a division and make the playoffs isn't fun then you either don't like football or you're just another average blue friday fist bumper at the grocery store looking for attention.

Personally, I've been an AVID fan of the Seahawks and I like to see my team at the TOP of the standings any chance I get because I've seen em at the bottom way too many times.

You'll never know what it really feels like to be a winner if youve never been a loser. If this team starts to lose I sure hope all of you "real" fans keep posting since you just love the game so much.

There is some truth in what you say, the narrative of accomplishment is fun and interesting but man, these games have been one cardiac event after another. Trying to reconcile that we've lost 'it' over the course of 2 seasons is hard. Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

warden

Reaction score
Too many here just do not understand how hard it is to maintain playing at a high level year after year. The Seahawks have done a phenomenal job at keeping this thing going. Yeah there are some short comings maintaining strength at all position but we kept the nucleus together. Prior to 2012,the Seahawks have had only five double digit winning season and never back to back double digit winning seasons. With a win against The 49ers we will have done it five years in a row. In Pete Carroll's time here we have made the playoffs 6 out of 7 years and have never been one and done. There is some seriously good stuff happening with the Seahawks right now. We should be very happy

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Crizilla":2yg1xm16 said:
i havent been super confident about this team all year. Miami owned our O-line on week 1. Ever since then it's been a disaster for the most part. The Pats game was awesome, but no bright spots outside that.

Except for, you know, the 49ers, the Jets, the Eagles, the Bills, the Falcons, the Panthers, and the second Rams game.

Calm down.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I actually lost confidence when GB put the smack down on us. I honestly thought this team had good enough personnel and enough pride that no one could do that.

I thought the Patriots would beat us by 14. They didn't. Even when the offense shit the bed this year, no one really steam rolled us. Until GB.

Then it feels like the coaching staff shit the bed on the AZ game. You can see the players start to show their frustration, which at 9 wins does show a good sign of having a lot of team pride and expectations.

But seriously, what playoff team do you feel confident we can beat, even at our house ? I honestly think we're one and done.