I hope the FO is watching Russ in the probowl.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":e6dqpzbe said:
HoustonHawk82":e6dqpzbe said:
You never know, Pete might tune in and decide to start T-Jack next year.

:mrgreen:
The way players are dropping out of the game, T-Jack will be starting opposite Russ.

Haven't you heard?..We're bulking up T-Jack to convert him to LT.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
We have seen this year what Russ can do when given protection. I recall he had a 5 game stretch that was rather historic. I'm sure JS and PC already know.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
blazen2392":3vdgzbln said:
We are finally going to see what Russ looks like with protection (Hope ciara listening too 8) )

Not only that hes going to be throwing to big name receivers like Julio Jones. Almost more excited about the pro bowl than i am about our regular season games.

Aww, you think the Pro Bowl is real.

That's adorable.

firebee

Reaction score
I still think the Pro Bowl should be turned into the first preseason game of the year... Playing for homefield advantage in the Super Bowl... like legitimate homefield advantage. If NFC wins, the NFC Super Bowl team hosts the Super Bowl and vice versa for AFC.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Just discussed this in another thread. IMO the Pro Bowl game should be abolished. Find some other way to honor the game's best players. They've compromised the game to such a point that it's a complete joke, the players don't give a rip and aren't going full out, and it's an unwarranted risk to the player's health.

Why can't they do something fun, like forcing them to run some sort of stupid obstacle course or compete in some other non contact sport like golf, tennis, racquetball, etc? I'd be more likely to tune in and watch Russell Wilson play H.O.R.S.E. against Drew Brees than watch that pseudo football game.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chawx":2d4pa7ah said:
Sgt. Largent":2d4pa7ah said:
Have them wear funky superhero outfits running for their lives inside a game zone with other ex players trying to kill them with Richard Dawson hosting, and I'm in.

^ Haha yes! This. All of this.

Alas, Richard Dawson passed on a couple years back. Sadness.

They would have to use Joe Buck instead. :mrgreen: :twisted: :stirthepot:

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Is Julio on Russell's team? I actually am interested to see what it would look like to see him throw a WR like that, even if it is just the pro bowl. I really hope JS at some point gets Russell a big, athletic outside WR. He better not go his whole career without such a target.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":30l3o672 said:
Is Julio on Russell's team? I actually am interested to see what it would look like to see him throw a WR like that, even if it is just the pro bowl. I really hope JS at some point gets Russell a big, athletic outside WR. He better not go his whole career without such a target.

He actually has Julio Jones and AJ Green.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
The one place where you do not judge a player's performance is the Pro Bowl. All the players play not to get hurt. They aren't going full speed and they don't hit like in a game that actually means something.

peppersjap

Reaction score
blazen2392":3b1exjet said:
We are finally going to see what Russ looks like with protection (Hope ciara listening too 8) )

Not only that hes going to be throwing to big name receivers like Julio Jones. Almost more excited about the pro bowl than i am about our regular season games.
What a ridiculous thread! Have you ever watched a Pro Bowl? He will not be under pressure because the defense is limited. The game might be entertaining but is a complete farce. I'm sure he will perform well because the game is geared to athletes but it shows absolutely nothing except that he is a great athlete. I hope the front office is watching how uneducated some of our fan base are! Sorry, this thread just pisses me off! I am actually looking forward to watching the game this year because we have players in it but I didn't think any fan actually took it serious? You are more excited about this than a regular season game? Wow!

peppersjap

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":16zcpiag said:
I remember seeing some posts this year on here that said Chris Matthews was Julio like? He became the legend that David Tyree is! You know, we have a 6'7 target in Jimmy Graham that just might be that guy if people put there expectations back within reality. HE WAS OUR LEADING RECEIVER WHEN HE GOT HURT!!!!!!! He was also having a fantastic game when he was injured.

Steve2222

Reaction score
firebee":qtgn2uts said:
I still think the Pro Bowl should be turned into the first preseason game of the year... Playing for homefield advantage in the Super Bowl... like legitimate homefield advantage. If NFC wins, the NFC Super Bowl team hosts the Super Bowl and vice versa for AFC.

Terrible idea just like its a terrible idea in baseball. And no way the NFL will ever let teams like GB and Minnesota host a Super Bowl. The Super should be at a neutral site as is.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Cam had an above average o-line this year and will win the mvp because of it. Russ could do the same

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Seymour":1eougyuz said:
Now we get to find out what Russell can do in the real world with no QB pressure that doesn't exist.

This is like bowling with the left hand to see how well you would do with the right. :snack:
Except that I'm already left handed......

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
I like the Pro Bowling League. It's amazing what those guys can do. I went bowling last night on a really well oiled lane and couldn't even break 100

AgentDib

Reaction score
firebee":22qh1enz said:
I still think the Pro Bowl should be turned into the first preseason game of the year... Playing for homefield advantage in the Super Bowl
It would make the Pro Bowl way more interesting but I wouldn't like the impact on the regular season. Having to play a road Super Bowl because a bunch of non-Seahawks lost a game is a deal breaker for me. It probably would be the only way Seattle could ever get a Super Bowl but that's not worth the additional randomness.

RiverDog":22qh1enz said:
Why can't they do something fun, like forcing them to run some sort of stupid obstacle course or compete in some other non contact sport like golf, tennis, racquetball, etc? I'd be more likely to tune in and watch Russell Wilson play H.O.R.S.E. against Drew Brees than watch that pseudo football game.
I'd watch this. You could give a lone winner of a gaming tournament format $2 million and then you'd have a bunch of mic'd up NFL stars being super competitive about any non-contact sports you want. Paintball, Madden, Doubles Tennis, etc.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
firebee":34a7io84 said:
I still think the Pro Bowl should be turned into the first preseason game of the year

This would last for exactly one year until someone got injured and then nobody would ever play in the pro-bowl again.

Injuries are too prevalent in the NFL to hold an all-star game at any time until after the season is over.

Heck, tbh I'd say that injuries are too prevalent in the NFL to even have an enjoyable all-star game at all.

the NBA has the only all-star game that's worth a damn because the sport lends itself well to world-class athletes messing around and trying to outdo each other. That just doesn't work for football.