I hope the FO is watching Russ in the probowl.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
firebee":3ommcr5v said:
I still think the Pro Bowl should be turned into the first preseason game of the year... Playing for homefield advantage in the Super Bowl... like legitimate homefield advantage. If NFC wins, the NFC Super Bowl team hosts the Super Bowl and vice versa for AFC.

You can't be serious with this.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2m8sr50n said:
Siouxhawk":2m8sr50n said:
HoustonHawk82":2m8sr50n said:
You never know, Pete might tune in and decide to start T-Jack next year.

:mrgreen:
The way players are dropping out of the game, T-Jack will be starting opposite Russ.

Haven't you heard?..We're bulking up T-Jack to convert him to LT.
I've also hear they signed Ginormous Russell to play RT.

CPHawk

Reaction score
The pro bowl is being played at the gym, so that's the only reason I'm paying attention to it fwiw. That said, Russ is making this look like a 7 on 7 summer passing league. And maybe Pete can get Bradley to hook us up with a trade for Robinson. He and Russ seem to have some chemistry.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
It would be cool if they somehow could combine the Senior bowl with the pro bowl. Get rosters combined with the college and pro guys. First quarter only the pros play, 2nd and 3rd quarters anybody can play, 4th quarter only the college kids play. Would force the nfl guys to bring more intensity because they'd be playing against guys auditioning for their jobs. Wouldn't really hurt the college kids too much cuz the week of practice is more important than the game itself.

Of course, I wouldn't lose any sleep if they just cancelled it completely.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Whatever happened to those skills challenges?. That's about all that ever interested me.

The pro bowl in any fashion or other ideation is a complete abomination to the game.

You can't play football without a hundred percent, unadulterated effort. A friendly game of catch is only fun if you're personally involved. Do we really need to see these guys in slapass, high five mode?. Are we that obsessed?

I'd rather these guys get voted in, receive compensation, and then go on a two city tour across America to allow fans an all access pass to their favorite players. Mix in a skill challenge and numerous special guests getting to play drills with their favorite players, done. Kinda like fantasy camp concept of baseball.

But seriously, how long is this dumb pro bowl going to continue?. It has always annoyed the hell out of me, because it's so awful but the nfl won't kill it. It's just embarrassing at this point.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Optimus25":2yedn4li said:
Whatever happened to those skills challenges?. That's about all that ever interested me.

The pro bowl in any fashion or other ideation is a complete abomination to the game.

You can't play football without a hundred percent, unadulterated effort. A friendly game of catch is only fun if you're personally involved. Do we really need to see these guys in slapass, high five mode?. Are we that obsessed?

I'd rather these guys get voted in, receive compensation, and then go on a two city tour across America to allow fans an all access pass to their favorite players. Mix in a skill challenge and numerous special guests getting to play drills with their favorite players, done. Kinda like fantasy camp concept of baseball.

But seriously, how long is this dumb pro bowl going to continue?.

I'm for just voting them in and not playing the game. With all the players that drop out, you have guys that have no business being Pro Bowlers able to call themselves Pro Bowlers.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm happy to see Wilson and the boys doing what they do, but I know we would all prefer it being a week from today.

However, since I know I have 8 months to go before any meaningful Seahawks football is played, I am enjoying watching them have fun on the playground today.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
His "Go Hawks" thing was very cool even when he was a rookie, but seeing him still do it as a bona fide superstar on the national stage makes me giddy every time.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Overseasfan":2v9pbsxx said:
Keep the Pro Bowl how it is, a dystopian afterthought.

I must say, I admire how the only person to ever use the phrase "dystopian afterthought" on this site is (I assume) not even a native English speaker! If my assumption is correct, I stand in awe you good sir.