I really HATE the salary cap.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I'm not ready to align RW with Joe Montana.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kearly":xnmsciig said:
volsunghawk":xnmsciig said:
We need to win another SB before we can even talk about dynasties.

I know a dynasty when I see one. We are the 80s/90s 49ers for the 2010s and 2020s NFL.
We've murdered the king, but we don't have the crown just yet when it comes to dynasty talk. I'm in agreement with you, but using the word dynasty right now makes us two-hump chumps...Premature.

formido

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3uacn7ml said:
kearly":3uacn7ml said:
volsunghawk":3uacn7ml said:
We need to win another SB before we can even talk about dynasties.

I know a dynasty when I see one. We are the 80s/90s 49ers for the 2010s and 2020s NFL.
We've murdered the king, but we don't have the crown just yet when it comes to dynasty talk. I'm in agreement with you, but using the word dynasty right now makes us two-hump chumps...Premature.

This is a common, bad, and somewhat bizarre claim you see made anywhere sports is discussed. Success in life is about predicting the future, one way or another. Those who do it sooner and better are more successful. If Seattle wins another Super Bowl, that's already at least 2/3 of a dynasty. No spoils go to people who predict things that already happened. Best case scenario for the prediction impaired is going into journalism, where you just record what's already happened. (That's a double diss because because journalism is dying so you'd have to be extra bad at predicting things to go to journalism school these days[1].)

[1] Wife has a Master in Journalism from Syracuse.

muxpux

Reaction score
i remember after 05, we brought back our entire starting D, and that was supposed to add "chemistry" and whatnot. if i recall, our defense wasnt nearly as stellar in 06 as 05. change is good. fielding the same team every year sounds good in theory to emotionally attached fans, but in reality, its good to stay fresh, and keep the wheels turning. its always a bit disheartening when a fan fave leaves (i cried over Griffey, am a tad bummed over tate/clemons) but if it opens up possibilities for other players to come in, and contribute, then so be it. whatever it takes to win and stay competitive.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2xnrz14f said:
How exactly are we not keeping a dynasty alive? the Patriots have done it in the salary cap era, we will too. We're getting better, not worse. Trust in PCJS.
THIS!

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
jblaze":6nqwvoez said:
Caps are good for professional sports and parity. The MLB needs a cap. The Yankees have a single player than makes more than the entire Marlins team, that's just stupid.

The salary cap puts a premium on intelligence and prudence. Both attributes PC and JS have in spades. We thrive in this environment so it actually works in our favor.

Amen -- basketball has a soft cap, football's hard cap is what makes free agency so fun to follow. There are so many cuts/free agency/puzzle pieces. The off-season is very interesting.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":lsttk06c said:
WE have the richest owner in the league and cannot keep a dynasty alive because of it.
Damn the Cowboys and Whiners of yesteryear.
Who is with me here?

But.....We are the reigning SB champions!!!!!!

At the beginning of last season, if someone said..would you be willing to have the Seahawks with their first SB, but as a consequence lose a good portion of the team in the upcoming years. Would you have said yes? and the answer would be...HELL YEAH.

A super bowl win is worth a decade of mediocrity, and even with these losses, I don't see this team suddenly missing playoffs. Maybe not the CLEAR favorite for the SB, but definitely still in the mix, and that's good enough for me.

Latest posts