I still love you Bobby, but you’re wrong

AgentDib

Reaction score
The decision isn't really that debatable in my view. Bobby was on the open market after we released him, and the highest bidder for his services came in way lower than the amount we would have had to pay to keep him. He's playing on just a 2.5m cap hit this season with only $10m in total guarantees at the time of signing the contract.

At the same time, he doesn't want his career to end yet and is looking for motivation to keep things going. I don't see anything wrong with that, and he'll still be popular in Seattle going forwards.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
He keeps harping on being cut and no phone call ect.
He knew the previous season was his last and was told that then
but oh needs a phone call that he didn't answer to confirm it?
No MLB is worth $20 milllion per..He isn't better this season btw
the Rams just use him differently than we would.
I wouldn't boo him or cheer him,he's not the 2 faced midget that
deserved and earned all that booing.
Not that I disagree but I think if you meant a lot to an organization for a decade and will go down as the best linebacker ever for that franchise, if you were in his shoes, I think you would want some kind of call. Even if you knew it was time.

I think for Bobby, it’s largely, a respect thing.

Bobby isn’t a practice squad player. So maybe he does deserve some type of communication. Not sure what he was “told” the year before but when it comes down to that particular day, Wagner, thought he had done enough to warrant at least a goodbye phone call.

I don’t fault him for being upset to this day.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The decision isn't really that debatable in my view. Bobby was on the open market after we released him, and the highest bidder for his services came in way lower than the amount we would have had to pay to keep him. He's playing on just a 2.5m cap hit this season with only $10m in total guarantees at the time of signing the contract.

At the same time, he doesn't want his career to end yet and is looking for motivation to keep things going. I don't see anything wrong with that, and he'll still be popular in Seattle going forwards.

Agreed.

After seeing both Brooks and Barton struggle at the LB position this year, especially against the run? Yeah, we probably could have used another year of Bobby.

But it wasn't happening the way his departure went down. He was already pissed off, he wasn't going to wait around for the Hawks to see what else he could make on the open market before maybe offering him a contract.

He saw the Hawks declining and wanted to go to the Rams, where he THOUGHT he could win another SB.......and go home to LA.

Bottom line, he'll get a HUGE ovation, and rightly deserved. Then the game will go on. The End.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
To clarify, I didn’t mean to say Bobby was wrong. He’s still excellent, but no one player can win the game.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
He keeps harping on being cut and no phone call ect.
He knew the previous season was his last and was told that then
but oh needs a phone call that he didn't answer to confirm it?
No MLB is worth $20 milllion per..He isn't better this season btw
the Rams just use him differently than we would.
I wouldn't boo him or cheer him,he's not the 2 faced midget that
deserved and earned all that booing.

Imagine going on a forum and calling someone you've never met a "two-faced midget" because of a sportsball disagreement.

You sound like a scorned lover.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Not that I disagree but I think if you meant a lot to an organization for a decade and will go down as the best linebacker ever for that franchise, if you were in his shoes, I think you would want some kind of call. Even if you knew it was time.

I think for Bobby, it’s largely, a respect thing.

Bobby isn’t a practice squad player. So maybe he does deserve some type of communication. Not sure what he was “told” the year before but when it comes down to that particular day, Wagner, thought he had done enough to warrant at least a goodbye phone call.

I don’t fault him for being upset to this day.
There is stories out there that say he was told that they wasn't going to keep
him the following year at 20 and he rejected any pay cut.
Yes he was the best linebacker but this disrespect is overblown in my opinion.
He knew that 20 million pay year wasn't happening.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Imagine going on a forum and calling someone you've never met a "two-faced midget" because of a sportsball disagreement.

You sound like a scorned lover.
Eh we are football fans that say things..I don't really care if it's not how you like it.
I mean I could say you sound like a Russ lover but I don't really care if so.
There is plenty of them in here,I don't tell them not to be or be offended by it.
Right @John63 ?

flv2

Reaction score
Wagner was due to earn $16.6M with the Seahawks in 2022, not $20M as has been posted multiple times in this thread. I wouldn't have paid him $16.6M either, but since he's earning $10M plus a probable $2M performance bonus there could have been more communication and negotiation last February.