I think they should trade graham

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Probably largely unpopular here, but I wonder if there wouldn't be some interest in bringing James Carpenter back. He's on the trading block. Obviously should still be familiar with the blocking scheme. And seems like he wasn't the steaming pile of poo that we maybe thought he was as he had success after leaving here.

A big/powerful OG might be useful for this team right about now.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
They will most likely get a higher comp pick for him if they let him walk in free agency at the end of the year than what they would get from another team if they traded him now.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
so let me get this straight, almost 1000 yards last year, 65 receptions and 6 TD's and an average of 14 yds per completion coming off, what for a lot of players is a career ending injury, isn't enough?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Gronk!

Best T.E. of all time.

Thought Jimmy might make a run @ it but the feeling he's too soft might be holding true. I thought Graham's superior athleticism could win him the day but it no longer seems to be the case.

Gronk it is.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2gvreo1i said:
Probably largely unpopular here, but I wonder if there wouldn't be some interest in bringing James Carpenter back. He's on the trading block. Obviously should still be familiar with the blocking scheme. And seems like he wasn't the steaming pile of poo that we maybe thought he was as he had success after leaving here.

Hasn’t he been successful because he went to a more power/man?

I thought he was a bad fit for our scheme?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
It is obvious they don't know how to use him and he an Russ have zero connection. Sin e he will be gone next year anyway I say a trade makes sense. Get something now or nothing after this season.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If they would just, oh I don't know.....make him a WR, he would go off.
ZERO reason to have him blocking etc. He has more talent than a huge portion of NFL Players.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":11vf9clr said:

Yes, ive wanted him back ever since he was gone. They never should have released him and okung.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2pzuxn3h said:
Gronk!

Best T.E. of all time.

Thought Jimmy might make a run @ it but the feeling he's too soft might be holding true. I thought Graham's superior athleticism could win him the day but it no longer seems to be the case.

Gronk it is.

Gronk would not be Gronk if he was a Seahawk.

massari

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1ghckyt6 said:

I'll take LT Beachum from the Jets if possible. Yeah I think Carp is more of a power guy, but can we be picky at this point?

Why isn't PC/JS bringing in G John Greco, LT Cyrus Kouandjio and LT Branden Albert for a workout?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
B/C there is presently only $4.26 Mill in cap left with expected needed expenses close to that sum for PS deals and for injury contingencies.

There would need to be some contracts needed to be regigged if they were to add an experienced Olineman.

Of course anything is possible in that regard but it create another set of problems going forward.

massari

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2kj8qlvv said:
B/C there is presently only $4.26 Mill in cap left with expected needed expenses close to that sum for PS deals and for injury contingencies.

There would need to be some contracts needed to be regigged if they were to add an experienced Olineman.

Of course anything is possible in that regard but it create another set of problems going forward.
Trading Graham and Lane would free up $12M (pro rated) and they could sign TE Gary Barnidge (one of the best pass blocking TE's) to replace graham.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Graham has probably been on the trading block (Schneider said everyone, remember, even Sherm can be traded) but no team wants to trade for his contract.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1ygp7dq0 said:
Of course we differ in our opinion, I respect yours but you refuse to acknowledge there may be some truth in the complaints made about Bevell.
Why does someone who refuses to acknowledge the possibility of a lack of perfection no matter how much evidence there is deserve your respect?

HawkerD

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":20jcbshq said:
Yes, please get Jimmy's $10M salary off the books so we can sink it into another Luke Joeckel.

Another Luke Joeckel would be more valuable than jimmy graham. Prove me wrong.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'd like to see how many plays Jimmy springs our other rcrivers open with a well-executed rub. That would be revealing as I think in many ways he's inherited the Kearse role as Darboh gets up to speed.

In any event, when healthy, he does a lot more for our offense than people infatuated with just catches realize.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
HawkerD":2yhe1pgk said:
CodeWarrior":2yhe1pgk said:
Yes, please get Jimmy's $10M salary off the books so we can sink it into another Luke Joeckel.

Another Luke Joeckel would be more valuable than jimmy graham. Prove me wrong.

Huh? How is this possible to prove? It's literally impossible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk