Ian Rapoport: Seahawks showing interest in Sidney Rice

Seeker

Reaction score
IMHO of all the recievers Russell has worked with, Sidney seems to "get it" with the scrambling the best, with doug and golden following up a close second.

he picked up pretty quick that Russell was in trouble* and made the proper adjustments for a touchdown against the cards before going down, that was pretty standard for Sidney.

[* "in trouble for Russell loosely translates into "about to do something awesome despite being in a position that would normally be trouble for a normal quarterback]

two dog

Reaction score
The one thing that sticks in my memory about Sidney is that he
has GREAT hands.

He can snatch throws out of the sky so quickly you hardly saw it happen.
Besides that he strikes me as a really good dude. Loves the twelves.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Seeker":3hgy6ueq said:
IMHO of all the recievers Russell has worked with, Sidney seems to "get it" with the scrambling the best, with doug and golden following up a close second.

he picked up pretty quick that Russell was in trouble* and made the proper adjustments for a touchdown against the cards before going down, that was pretty standard for Sidney.

[* "in trouble for Russell loosely translates into "about to do something awesome despite being in a position that would normally be trouble for a normal quarterback]

His Houdini move against the Texans will always stick in my mind. I moved from horror to amazement in half a blink. On of those moves that makes you think a comeback is imminent, improbable as it would be with most other QB's/Teams. 8)

byau

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":25zb3e8a said:
His Houdini move against the Texans will always stick in my mind. I moved from horror to amazement in half a blink. On of those moves that makes you think a comeback is imminent, improbable as it would be with most other QB's/Teams. 8)

That was beauty - esp from one of the angles they were showing it from where he just popped up out of nowhere.

He was a great target and be nice to get him back

Rocket

Reaction score
Kinda worried about havin' someone who hit Lindsay Lohan on the team...
Biblical hit, not physical.

( J/K - he'd be perfect )

drdiags

Reaction score
I can understand the Jets but not sure why the Saints would be sniffing around?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 10m
#Jets are still looking to add a WR, and source says they are interested in Sidney Rice. #Saints are too, & #Seahawks would welcome a return

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
drdiags":1pxiu1rr said:

#Jets are still looking to add a WR, and source says they are interested in Sidney Rice. #Saints are too, & #Seahawks would welcome a return

Interesting. I'd like Sid back and he'd prosper with Percy taking some of the attention away. Issue is we can't rely on either of them being healthy.

The guy loves Seattle so maybe he'd be willing to take a discount but Saints has to be attractive for a lot of WRs, if the interest is genuine.

jblaze

Reaction score
Young WR's tend to not produce right away so this would be a good stop gap. The problem is he's coming off a major knee surgery and probably won't be up to form til half way through the season.

It's hard to lose your #1 and #2 receivers in one offseason (Percy to me is a slot/dymanic guy, not a typical #1).

I hope they draft 2-3 WR's and let them fight it out in camp. They also got a big WR in Chris Matthews and signed Taylor Price.

I think we see our WR corp being the new DB position group. Draft late and often, let them fight it out in camp and get value at that position for the money. Once contracts come due, pick one or two to re-up and let the rest walk.

At some point since we're going to extend our DB's, you have to do this with one group and WR makes sense in our offense. PC/JS have proven they like going DL in free agency.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
drdiags":1ncfc2u6 said:

The Saints need WR's pretty badly. Especially if Graham were to hold out.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Tate never got over the Harvin trade - they're so similar. Hard to get them on the field at the same time a lot.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Seahawks showed interest in James Jones before he signed with the Raiders.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 22m

James Jones considered #Steelers, #Browns, #Panthers, #Seahawks. In the end, source said, “He grew up wanting to play for the #Raiders”

Wonder if Rice will get more attention now that Jones isn't an option.

theascension

Reaction score
I think we get him. I know he didn't have the numbers all the time and has injury problems but for around 2-3 million I think it could be done and give us some backup/possibilities.
Watching game film from even this year he did create a lot of separation when he was out there.

Latest posts