Geno will be back in 2023 (Ian Rapoport)

Jville

Reaction score
The following is the opinion tweet Dov uses as a spring board for his tweet .......

................. this story will continue on and on for weeks until a contract is eventually signed.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
"I'm told Geno Smith WILL be back with Seattle in 2023." That's straight from Rapoport's mouth. Says they'll work on a deal, or they'll be expected to use the tag if it comes to that.

That's past speculation

Chuckwow

Reaction score
On the sideline I just saw JS mouth the words" Geno is just gone".

But I'm not that great at lip reading. I suppose he coulda said "just get me a bong".

HawkinNY

Reaction score
On the sideline I just saw JS mouth the words" Geno is just gone".

But I'm not that great at lip reading. I suppose he coulda said "just get me a bong".
Maybe John realized how bad this team is and Geno is gone to chase a ring since the writing is on the wall.

Jville

Reaction score
1456048756.0.jpg

"I want to finish my career in Seattle" --- Geno Smith in his playoff post game press conference.

irfuben32

Reaction score
I really like Geno. But I don't want to pay him north of 30 million a year. I just don't think you can win like that. Look at the Bills paying Allen 30 million and they just got it handed to them by Cincinatti.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
All John has to do is slap the transitional tag on Geno, and no team is going to give up two firsts to sign him.

It also neuters Geno and his agent's ability to leverage other teams in trying to drive up the price. Geno played great, but unlike other top 10 QB's that other GM's would absolutely entertain giving up 1st rounders to get, he isn't going to command that sort of interest.

So really all we're talking about is how little John needs to offer Geno to not piss him off. Me thinks it'll be somewhere in the high 20M range with a LOT of incentive bonuses.