Ian Rapoport: Seahawks showing interest in Sidney Rice

ZagHawk

Reaction score
If we can get him at a good deal, draft another tall (and pref. big body receiver). Sid shows 2012 Sid, and not beginning of 2013 Sid, combine that with Percy Harvin. Good things will happen.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The only way Rice comes back is a very low one year prove it contract where we can cut him mid summer if he's not back to full health...........which I have no idea how he could be. Dude has chronic knee problems, and that was BEFORE the knee injury.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I'd love to have Sid back. He caught too much shit last year IMO. Dude's still pretty young and can still ball (if he'd only stay healthy).

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Only if it is for dirt cheap. Sid was a shell of himself last season, and that was BEFORE he tore his ACL. The Witch Doctor treatments in Europe didn't seem to help him, and he was not the Sid we had known. I think he may be done but doesn't hurt to give him 1 more chance if the price is right.

chihawk

Reaction score
Another prove-it deal...this time for one of our own...why not.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2dg2ck8r said:
Only if it is for dirt cheap. Sid was a shell of himself last season, and that was BEFORE he tore his ACL. The Witch Doctor treatments in Europe didn't seem to help him, and he was not the Sid we had known. I think he may be done but doesn't hurt to give him 1 more chance if the price is right.

I disagree. He was a product of our offense. It seemed every game he made a huge tip toe first down. I also strongly believe that had he and Harvin been healthy all year (big hypothetical) I dont think we would have lost a game.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":31xaeoln said:
Missing_Clink":31xaeoln said:

I disagree. He was a product of our offense. It seemed every game he made a huge tip toe first down. I also strongly believe that had he and Harvin been healthy all year (big hypothetical) I dont think we would have lost a game.
Good points, and I agree for the most part, except for the Arizona game. Russell was hung over that day and it was impossible for us to win unless we got a pic 6.

Subzero717

Reaction score
MysterMatt":2nhj1i1d said:
CALIHAWK1":2nhj1i1d said:
Missing_Clink":2nhj1i1d said:

Good points, and I agree for the most part, except for the Arizona game. Russell was hung over that day and it was impossible for us to win unless we got a pic 6.

Maybe, maybe not. Who knows? Sid could have made that one play. Russ did not have his best game.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3025aoxq said:
Missing_Clink":3025aoxq said:

I don't think Sid was ever healthy either, even before the ACL. A healthy Sid is a great player, and I hope he gets healthy and can continue his career. But he didn't give the team much last year when he played. 15 catches in 8 games. 1 good game against Jacksonville, who was the worst team in the NFL at the time. He was mostly an expensive decoy.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now, they won without him. They had to cut him and they did. If they can get him for cheap and he gets healthy and gets back to his old self that would be awesome.

Seaswab

Reaction score
It would be nice if he learned not to go straight to the ground on every catch.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
He won't be back to be the number one but Sidney Rice is a hell of a 2nd and 3rd option for Seattle. Sidney Rice could mentor and be a solid contributer on the squad again I'd like to see Sidney back in the North West.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
We get it, guys. He falls after catching a lot. I think 30 different posters making that exact same one sentence comment has conveyed that point sufficiently.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1gbnh0fp said:
We get it, guys. He falls after catching a lot. I think 30 different posters making that exact same one sentence comment has conveyed that point sufficiently.

Well I for one am not falling for that argument.

edogg23

Reaction score
I would take a chance perhaps at league minimum and make him compete through camp this year to earn a spot. Last year I don't think he played a snap in the preseason and he still wasn't very healthy. It would be a real shame to cut the guy twice in one year though, actually now that I think about it, it would be best for him just to move on.

Penman96

Reaction score
Our passing game went downhill last year when he got injured, so it can be assumed he had something to offer. Seems like a no-brainer to ask him back on a reasonable salary.

Threedee

Reaction score
Agreed. If you watch the SB Champions DVD, you'll notice Rice hogged the highlights up until his injury.