If JS, what would you take for Harvin post '14?

seabowl

Reaction score
Anyone want to change what they said earlier in what you would trade Harvin for? I was amused when people were saying 2 and 3 first round picks. He's good but not even 2 #1's is he worth. A first at very best.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":1a8fm778 said:
No offense but the question is premature. This should be a 2015 off season topic. Your asking what we'd trade Percy after the 2014 season before week 6.

Afraid of looking forward, Recon? Irony!

:thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
seabowl":9iw7yowq said:
Anyone want to change what they said earlier in what you would trade Harvin for? I was amused when people were saying 2 and 3 first round picks. He's good but not even 2 #1's is he worth. A first at very best.

I think the saving grace being that a team with a legit 1 would get much more out of Harvin's talents than we are able to get. But I do agree that more than a single 1st would be pushing it, but still, it would have to be high 1st considering his youth, potential and improved attitude, imo.

seabowl

Reaction score
I said a first at very best as stated in this thread. Any of those that said 2 and 3 1st round picks want to come out from behind the couch now?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I would have asked the Browns for Joe Thomas for Percy right after Gordon was suspended.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
I knew Harvin wouldn't be with us next year and I alluded to that in a different thread earlier this week. What I didn't know was that this (too highly) touted FO would let us get duped yet again. I said this when we traded for Harvin and I say it here again, Minnesota must have us on speed dial and we'd be wise to change our phone number.

In light of the nationally televised incident between Harvin and Frazier, I also said back then that the Vikes kept Harvin on the bench even after his ankle was 100%, because at the rate he was going, they were concerned they "wouldn't be able to get a 2nd" for him. But guess who came to their rescue, throwing around picks like they knew what they were doing? JS, Pete and of course Bevell.

"A conditional mid rd pick"? Well, I guess it could be worse. JS and Pete know how to draft mid rd, they don't know jack about drafting earlier. This Harvin fiasco suddenly makes the Irvin pick look genius.

Glad we have him off our cap, but I sure as hell think we should have / could have held out for more. Please spare me the "well, if we could have gotten more, we would have" spiel. You are over-estimating those responsible for such decisions (please see above). I'm suddenly relieved we didn't give the Raiders a 1st for Pryor.

Nobody here was more against the Harvin acquisition than myself, but you can't tell me Harvin doesn't have 1st, at least 2nd rd value... unless of course, he was doing his Percy thing again, and I have to assume that's likely the back story here. All I know is we better keep finding 1st rd talent in the late rds or we will soon be on the outside looking in. Real soon.

Seafan

Reaction score
HawkWow":1lw43i9b said:
1st, spare me the hater stuff. We are all grown-ups and should be able to discuss such things intelligently. Everybody has a price. Wilson even has a price.

If I were JS, I'd pray for Harvin's health and continued sunny disposition, then trade him at year's end for (no less than) a high 1. I'd use that pick on the best LT available.

I'd then trade down our natural 1st, add a 6th, then draft UW's John Ross, a guy I have been comparing to Harvin for weeks. It would be a lateral move, imo. Ross is equally dynamic, no injury history and would come at a fraction of Harvin's cost.

RW likes to spread the ball around and no fault of his own, but Harvin is becoming less of a KO threat. Sure we've enjoyed good field position, but not dramatic enough to warrant Harvin's contract, imo. I do fully understand Harvin's true worth cannot be determined by returns, targets, touches or TDs. He's a DC's worst nightmare. And why he'd command nice compensation.

Again, I love Harvin on this team, I just feel he is a luxury we can win without. Getting Okung's replacement, to me, is top priority and we'd have to trade our entire draft, or Harvin, to get that, imo.

What would be your bottom line asking price for Percy Harvin?

Wow, HawkWow!!!

The only reason they should have considered moving him is if he's a cancer. Sounds like he was so the move made sense.

Clayton said it may be a 2nd through 4th round pick. If he was a cancer then cutting him would have been ok so any compensation is gravy at this point.

I'm excited by Norwood and Richardson possibly getting opportunities.

chris98251

Reaction score
It's really amazing how people are managing not breaking their arms patting themselves on the back today.

Bevell vouched for him coming here, Bevell should have known any of the issues, Bevell should have known how to get him involved.

It's also rather amazing that the Seahawks were able to keep all the dirt out of the public.

The Moral of the story from what I seen today, punch anyone but don't mess with Wilson or this teams chemistry.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
chris98251":8xkluhes said:
It's really amazing how people are managing not breaking their arms patting themselves on the back today.

Bevell vouched for him coming here, Bevell should have known any of the issues, Bevell should have known how to get him involved.

It's also rather amazing that the Seahawks were able to keep all the dirt out of the public.

The Moral of the story from what I seen today, punch anyone but don't mess with Wilson or this teams chemistry.

That 1st, 3rd and 7th, as a hawk fan, means much more to me than a pat on the back. I'm very unhappy with this development.

In fact, I (wrongly) admitted I was wrong about Harvin to HawkGal just a couple days ago. I was obviously not privy that Harvin (unsurprisingly) remains a cancer.

But for the abuse I took in predicting this day would ultimately come, it's quite understandable why someone may mistakenly think I am saying "told you so".

Like a few others in here (very few) all I did was foretell what Pete and others should have easily seen: Track record. Every school, every team and apparently every coach associated with this malcontent knows what I am referring to

The moral of the story, for me is, don't let your ego think you can fix what is irreparable Pete.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
Tical21":lt1vp4g4 said:
You. Dirty. Jinxing SOB.

Sounds like a case of addition through subtraction, Tical. I'm going to watch the Dallas game again, and I have a feeling I will see the team not playing for Percy Harvin in that game. When the team speaks, coaches damn well better listen (see Mora). I think Pete got the message and I expect us to look great on Sunday. Draft picks and O-line be damned.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
Just because a calculated risk doesn't pay off doesn't mean it was a bad risk to take. If this trade turns into an early second, than losing a late first is not that big of a deal. Stop patting yourself on the back so hard and get back to sweeping the bathroom floor.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":38xy6cgx said:
HawkWow":38xy6cgx said:
...........Sounds like a case of addition through subtraction...........
Just told my dad the same thing, at least my gut tells me that's how it's gonna be.

WTH goes on in Harvin's head? Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you, Percy.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkWow":2k4jrrxs said:
hawksfansinceday1":2k4jrrxs said:
HawkWow":2k4jrrxs said:
Just told my dad the same thing, at least my gut tells me that's how it's gonna be.

WTH goes on in Harvin's head? Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you, Percy.
Just a case of another athlete that's been coddled and entitled since he was in late grade school would be my guess man.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3c89qt9w said:
HawkWow":3c89qt9w said:
hawksfansinceday1":3c89qt9w said:
HawkWow":3c89qt9w said:

Just a case of another athlete that's been coddled and entitled since he was in late grade school would be my guess man.
Or undiagnosed bipolar disorder. Paging Dr. Marshall, Dr. Brandon Marshall.

Latest posts