If Quinn is hired as HC...

KinesProf

Reaction score
Al Harris will likely have a choice to make for which team to take the promotion to DC with.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I don't understand the fascination with hiring a Pete understudy. I'm not a fan of hiring Quinn -- after Shannahan left the Falcons it was a slow descent into mediocrity. Stop trying to recapture the 2013-2014 Seahawks, let those years be good memories. There will never be another team like that, any path to the Super Bowl will be different than what the Seahawks created back then.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Quinn's legacy to date as a coach was presiding over the worst collapse in SB history.

do we seriously want to have back to back, the coach that oversaw the most heartbreaking last second loss, with the one that choked more than anyone in history?

let him run it back as DC.
Yeah, great defensive mind, as a HC very mixed results. Being a good DC and good HC are two different things.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Yeah, great defensive mind, as a HC very mixed results. Being a good DC and good HC are two different things.
Same thing could have been said about Carroll and Belichick when they were fired from their prior Head Coaching gigs.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I don't understand the fascination with hiring a Pete understudy. I'm not a fan of hiring Quinn -- after Shannahan left the Falcons it was a slow descent into mediocrity. Stop trying to recapture the 2013-2014 Seahawks, let those years be good memories. There will never be another team like that, any path to the Super Bowl will be different than what the Seahawks created back then.
Thank you. Quinn will just bring more of the same.

He got ran out of Atlanta. He blew both our Superbowl and Atlanta's Superbowl against the Pats. No to Quinn

QWERTY

Reaction score
Don't want Quinn as well.

Look at what he did against the 49ers. Dallas D got smashed.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Same thing could have been said about Carroll and Belichick when they were fired from their prior Head Coaching gigs.
Yes, this is true, but let's zoom out a bit here. How many coaches has this NOT been true for? It's rare that an NFL coach completely reinvents themselves. It has happened, is Quinn one of those characters? I doubt it.

I will say this about Quinn though, at least he had some good coordinator hires. I don't think Shannahan coming to Seattle as OC would've ever been a thing under Carroll.

Torc

Reaction score
Thank you. Quinn will just bring more of the same.

He got ran out of Atlanta. He blew both our Superbowl and Atlanta's Superbowl against the Pats. No to Quinn
Shanahan screwed up the Atlanta super bowl. He refused to use up clock the entire second half, and then when they were in field goal range to more or less ice the game, called a pass play with zero blocking for the blitzer that took out Matt Ryan. That defense was gassed because he just wouldn't stop throwing the ball. I view the Falcons decline in much the way the seahawks declined after not giving the ball to Marshawn. The team lost trust and never recovered.

And yes, the defense in our super bowl allowed the pats to score in the 4th quarter. but it was walking wounded out there - several key players out and sherman basically using one arm. The coaches gave that game away. Give the ball to marshawn, for crying out loud.

Besides, do you think Quinn didn't learn from that? Spare me from a first time head coach who has to make all the same mistakes for the first time.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
No to Quinn. We departed from Pete we shouldn’t hire someone that’ll be an equivalent and has only been a great DC when he’s had either great defensive talent.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Shanahan screwed up the Atlanta super bowl. He refused to use up clock the entire second half, and then when they were in field goal range to more or less ice the game, called a pass play with zero blocking for the blitzer that took out Matt Ryan. That defense was gassed because he just wouldn't stop throwing the ball. I view the Falcons decline in much the way the seahawks declined after not giving the ball to Marshawn. The team lost trust and never recovered.

And yes, the defense in our super bowl allowed the pats to score in the 4th quarter. but it was walking wounded out there - several key players out and sherman basically using one arm. The coaches gave that game away. Give the ball to marshawn, for crying out loud.

Besides, do you think Quinn didn't learn from that? Spare me from a first time head coach who has to make all the same mistakes for the first time.
What Shanny did in that game doest pass the eye test...he had to have been paid off to screw up that bad...but daddy is a legendary coach so he gets a pass..

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
What Shanny did in that game doest pass the eye test...he had to have been paid off to screw up that bad...but daddy is a legendary coach so he gets a pass..
People give Shannahan crap all of the time for not being able to close out big games. It's probably one of his biggest issues. He blew it in the NFCCG too.