If Waldron isn't fired now...

flv2

Reaction score
Do something the ship is sinking. I’m questioning having all theee old guys around. Why a 41 year old tackle. We suck anyway might as well suck with a guy off the practice squad who could improve. We really miss Lucas.
The 41-year-old is playing low-end starter quality football for minimum wage. It's a good return on investment if you're in win-now mode rather than developing for 2024. This HC is always in win-now mode.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Do something the ship is sinking. I’m questioning having all theee old guys around. Why a 41 year old tackle. We suck anyway might as well suck with a guy off the practice squad who could improve. We really miss Lucas.
I misread that as “suck off a guy from the practice squad” and for a brief moment my interest in this team was reignited.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
You really believe the offense would look any different under any other OC? They could bring in another guy, then Pete would put his parameters on him and the product would look exactly the same. No question IMO.
I genuinely believe people severely overestimate the control of the offensive play-calling Pete is having. Do you really thin they'd have Geno throwing the ball >30 times a game if Pete was actually in control of the plays being called? It doesn't jive with what we've been seeing on the field.

FormerEvil

Reaction score
Seahawks 2nd half struggles
The Seahawks Offense has scored only 4 second half Touchdowns since week 4 at the NYG. Enough is enough. Shane Waldron needs to be let go and control of the Offense handed over to someone else.

NYG - 1 2nd Half Touchdown
CIN - 0 2nd Half TDs
ARZ - 0 2nd Half TDs
CLE - 1 2nd Half TDs
BAL - 0 2nd Half TDs (3 points total game points)
WAS - 2 2nd Half TDs
LAR - 0 2nd Half TDs
SF - 0 2nd Half TDs. (Zero Offensive Touchdowns)

——————————————
Week 1 - LAR 0 2nd Half TDs
Week 2 - DET 3 2nd Half TDs (1 overtime TD, 1 Defensive TD)
Week 3 - 3 2nd Half TDs

10 total 2nd Half Touchdowns at the Week 12 mark (11 games played), for an average of less than 1 2nd half Touchdowns scores per game.

What more does the FO need to see to prove to them that Waldron isn't cutout for this line of work? Looking at this Offensive skill positions on paper and you've got Plus or Plus+ players all across the field with the exception of QB who is about league average. There's no excuse for this performance.

cymatica

Reaction score
I genuinely believe people severely overestimate the control of the offensive play-calling Pete is having. Do you really thin they'd have Geno throwing the ball >30 times a game if Pete was actually in control of the plays being called? It doesn't jive with what we've been seeing on the field.
Yet Pete allows it to keep happening.

cymatica

Reaction score
Seahawks 2nd half struggles
The Seahawks Offense has scored only 4 second half Touchdowns since week 4 at the NYG. Enough is enough. Shane Waldron needs to be let go and control of the Offense handed over to someone else.

NYG - 1 2nd Half Touchdown
CIN - 0 2nd Half TDs
ARZ - 0 2nd Half TDs
CLE - 1 2nd Half TDs
BAL - 0 2nd Half TDs (3 points total game points)
WAS - 2 2nd Half TDs
LAR - 0 2nd Half TDs
SF - 0 2nd Half TDs. (Zero Offensive Touchdowns)

——————————————
Week 1 - LAR 0 2nd Half TDs
Week 2 - DET 3 2nd Half TDs (1 overtime TD, 1 Defensive TD)
Week 3 - 3 2nd Half TDs

10 total 2nd Half Touchdowns at the Week 12 mark (11 games played), for an average of less than 1 2nd half Touchdowns scores per game.

What more does the FO need to see to prove to them that Waldron isn't cutout for this line of work? Looking at this Offensive skill positions on paper and you've got Plus or Plus+ players all across the field with the exception of QB who is about league average. There's no excuse for this performance.
If he hasn't already, Pete is going to completely lose the team unless he fires Waldron.

Fade

Reaction score
Pete's saving him as the fall guy at the end of the year.

If Pete fires him now and they get worse. Then the heat is directly on Pete.

Save it until after the season. Pete brings in another stooge, people cheer. Only for the same issues to keep occurring. It's amazing how long this grift is being allowed to continue.

Don't look now, but the Seahawks also have one of the worst defenses in the league too. Lemme guess, that's Hurtt's fault? Ha.

Pete is the problem. The quicker this is realized. The quicker things will make sense for all of the issues the team is having.

Polk738

Reaction score
Pete's saving him as the fall guy at the end of the year.

If Pete fires him now and they get worse. Then the heat is directly on Pete.

Save it until after the season. Pete brings in another stooge, people cheer. Only for the same issues to keep occurring. It's amazing how long this grift is being allowed to continue.

Don't look now, but the Seahawks also have one of the worst defenses in the league too. Lemme guess, that's Hurtt's fault? Ha.

Pete is the problem. The quicker this is realized. The quicker things will make sense for all of the issues the team is having.
What's even worse is they are spending the second most amount of money on the defense "not cap hit"

strohmin

Reaction score
The 41-year-old is playing low-end starter quality football for minimum wage. It's a good return on investment if you're in win-now mode rather than developing for 2024. This HC is always in win-now mode.
You mean 32 ranked starter quality? Great we have the worst starting left tackle in the league who also happens to have no more upside. Pete should never be in win now mode given his teams havent shown any growth for 6 or 7 years now.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Yet Pete allows it to keep happening.
Yeah not sure why people think Pete would never do it while he continues to allow it to happen. He hears every play come through the headset too lol. Pete is driving this offense. A 30 year coaching vet isn’t going to sit back while a rookie OC does whatever he wants week after week year after year. And as others have pointed out why doesn’t the offense look anything like the Rams offense and more like what we’ve ran for years?

Ozzy

Reaction score
Then that's on Pete.
I’ve never found where it’s proven Russ begged for Waldron. I’ve read where Russ said he was his favorite of the people interviewed but not that he demanded Waldron. Waldron was hired because he was a first time OC coaching under a tenured coaching legend so he knew he would be running Pete’s offense. This offense doesn’t look anything like what the Rams do/did,

Fade is right, Pete continues to get a pass when it’s so obvious what is going on.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Last time I checked, it's not Waldron throwing the ball. I agree the play calling needs work, but at the end of the day, Geno has to execute the plays that are called. And he's failing. Miserably.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The inept offense we've seen the past few weeks, in which touchdowns have been scarce, may also be wearing its toll on the defense by putting pressure on it.

cymatica

Reaction score
Last time I checked, it's not Waldron throwing the ball. I agree the play calling needs work, but at the end of the day, Geno has to execute the plays that are called. And he's failing. Miserably.
Geno isn't great, but no QB is executing a Waldo offense at a high level

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Dude faked it till he made it, but couldn't keep the charade going. The wheels are long gone on this wagon.

Bring in guys until you find the one, I'd rather switch them out every other year, than stick with one mediocre dude for 5-6 years. Coach should know after year two if it's working out or not.

TLDR; Shane is not the guy.