If Waldron isn't fired now...

seahawks08

Reaction score
Last time I checked, it's not Waldron throwing the ball. I agree the play calling needs work, but at the end of the day, Geno has to execute the plays that are called. And he's failing. Miserably.
I feel the coaches put the best team possible every year. If you notice last year, Geno was getting worse from the TB game in Germany. The organization did not adjust and get a QB who could have been developed. So either OC, DC or making this ship right, Pete needs to own it. There is no other way to put it

hoxrox

Reaction score
I’ve never found where it’s proven Russ begged for Waldron. I’ve read where Russ said he was his favorite of the people interviewed but not that he demanded Waldron. Waldron was hired because he was a first time OC coaching under a tenured coaching legend so he knew he would be running Pete’s offense. This offense doesn’t look anything like what the Rams do/did,

Fade is right, Pete continues to get a pass when it’s so obvious what is going on.
Russ was involved in the Waldon hire, via Zoom...

Remember all of this happened AFTER that infamous Russ interview where he was unhappy that he wasn't "involved" enough in personnel decisions.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I’ve listened to a lot of interviews with former players and they all say Pete structures how the offense should run each week but the offensive coaching staff creates the weekly gameplan/philosophy. Pete also does not call any plays during the game but can certainly influence it. So Pete dictates what he wants and it’s up to the OC to implement and counter during the game, something Waldron has been downright terrible at.

At this point it’s clear the shell of what Pete wants to run hasn’t changed much since he got here. It’s very basic and we’ve only seen a handful of wrinkles by the crew of OC’s. Schotty stretched the shell more than any of the others and got fired once Russ cooking flamed out. The worst part of this season is the core structure needs a functioning run game that creates boots/PA so the deep shots Pete desires get favorable looks and Waldron has entirely abandoned it.

At this point I think the entire offensive structure has imploded and they need to burn it down. Obviously can’t happen mid season but the Seahawks have a lot of talent underutilized. DK, Lockett, and JSN should be match up nightmares and instead are routinely blanketed with ease while DB’s run their routes. This offense needs a new OC who can design/implement an innovative offense without Pete forcing a certain structure. There are plenty of sources to use around the NFL for a new template. At this point in his career I don’t know if it’ll happen, the closest we got was chef Russ - as soon as he had a two week speed bump Pete shut it down and had Russ running basically his rookie offense without read option and Russ was gone (deserved or not).

Ozzy

Reaction score

View attachment 62087

Remember all of this happened AFTER that infamous Russ interview where he was unhappy that he wasn't "involved" enough in personnel decisions.
But he didn’t go out and find Waldron the list was brought to him and they asked Russ for an opinion after they’ve selected their candidates. Also if someone truly believes that Russ forced Waldron then you should want Pete and John fired because that is absolutely ridiculous. Also knowing Pete now for a decade there is zero chance he’s going to let that happen. So I think Russ gave his opinion but Pete isn’t going to give up complete control and if that was the case and Russ forced it why keep the guy for two+ years after Russ is gone? Wouldn’t Pete go get his own guy?

hawkfan68

Reaction score

View attachment 62087

Well, if that is the case, then it would be easy to get rid of Waldron since Russ isn't a Seahawk anymore.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Pete himself has said that he sometimes overrides the play call. He has said that sometimes that is the reason why the play clock becomes a problem.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Hey I got a plan...

Get this; a kicker who can hit consistently from 80 yards!

We can just drown the other team in field goals!

morgulon1

Reaction score
He doesn't override plays during a "sequence" He talks about this specifically on today's Pete Carroll Show:

If he has a talk with coordinators, he does it after the sequence is over.

What ever Pete Petey Pete is doing is a FAIL .

knownone

Reaction score
He doesn't override plays during a "sequence" He talks about this specifically on today's Pete Carroll Show:

If he has a talk with coordinators, he does it after the sequence is over.

He's talked about this a lot over the years. He doesn't get directly involved in the play-calling when the offense is on the field. Even when he does get involved, it always sounds like his input is more philosophical, like pushing the ball downfield or running it more.

renofox

Reaction score
He's talked about this a lot over the years. He doesn't get directly involved in the play-calling when the offense is on the field. Even when he does get involved, it always sounds like his input is more philosophical, like pushing the ball downfield or running it more.
Yep. I wonder how many times, while the defense was on the field last night, he told Waldron "We have to take a deep shot to DK on the next series". Wouldnt surprise me if it was 4-6.

keasley45

Reaction score
Exactly what any and every coach in the league does on the sidelines if they aren't directly calling plays.

He just hired the wrong guy to do it.

Seattle is still laughing at Denver for the Wilson trade. Yiu know who's laughing at Seattle's offense? One Mr Brian Schottenheimer. Dude was the best we had and we set him to pasture.