If we didn’t win SB48, would Pete still be the HC?

ludakrishna

Reaction score
My answer is no. Him and Schneider are still living off of their 2012/2013 NFL Draft and have been mediocre the last 7 years. Nothing more than a Marty Schotteinheimer. Get us to the playoffs and that’s it. I guess that’s sufficient for majority of the fans.

xray

Reaction score
Get used to it, he's got a 5 year extension .

Tusc2000

Reaction score
And if Malcolm Butler hadn't reacted fast and stepped in front of Ricardo Lockette, we'd have had back-to-back titles.

If, if, if...

OP
OP
L

ludakrishna

Reaction score
xray":119epknt said:
Get used to it, he's got a 5 year extension .

He’ll turn the Seahawks into Bill Bavasi led Mariners by that time. If he fails to take action on Ken Norton, Pete needs to be fired.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Yes. Your front office is pretty great and you are on your way to having a winning season for the 8th year in a row along with 2 SB appearances. One of which got you a ring.

For all the bluster at how good the 49ers have been, when is the last time they won a ring? Yea, 1994! lol

It is really tough to put together a complete team and even harder to coach a team that has one side of the ball that is terrible, such as your defense is this year.

Wilson is trying to do too much and he needs to relax a bit and take what the defense gives him. He could have easily run for a 1st down and he threw a horrid INT in the EZ. His other INT was just a great play by the CB. You also had 2 starting RB's out.

Just get to the playoffs and see what happens. We have been going through this in Green Bay for a long time. We both have HOF QB's and weapons but you need more than that to win it all.

Enjoy the ride.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
PackerNation":29rvfq5b said:
Yes. Your front office is pretty great and you are on your way to having a winning season for the 8th year in a row along with 2 SB appearances. One of which got you a ring.

For all the bluster at how good the 49ers have been, when is the last time they won a ring? Yea, 1994! lol

It is really tough to put together a complete team and even harder to coach a team that has one side of the ball that is terrible, such as your defense is this year.

Wilson is trying to do too much and he needs to relax a bit and take what the defense gives him. He could have easily run for a 1st down and he threw a horrid INT in the EZ. His other INT was just a great play by the CB. You also had 2 starting RB's out.

Just get to the playoffs and see what happens. We have been going through this in Green Bay for a long time. We both have HOF QB's and weapons but you need more than that to win it all.

Enjoy the ride.

I think the Packers are an excellent comparison to the Seahawks, as is Rodgers to Wilson.

OP
OP
L

ludakrishna

Reaction score
PackerNation":1y8aqs8z said:

Enjoy the ride.

Atleast you realized the mistake by firing McCarthy. We’re still stuck with Pete’s ancient mantra for the next 5 years

PackerNation

Reaction score
ludakrishna":yke557zg said:
PackerNation":yke557zg said:

Enjoy the ride.

Atleast you realized the mistake by firing McCarthy. We’re still stuck with Pete’s ancient mantra for the next 5 years

McCarthy couldn't hold Pete's jockstrap, IMO. Also, I think Ted Thompson and his refusal to go after enough free agents cost us another SB. McCarthy should have fired Capers a long time before he did and Thompson should have been gone after the 2013 season. I was hoping we would insert John Schneider into his role. It was John that brought Woodson into Green Bay after Thompson refused to go get him. He also tried to secure Lynch and Thompson refused. Lynch gets us another ring, IMO.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I would have gotten rid of Pete 3 years ago when it was apparent he lost the locker room and caused the disbandment of a near dynasty talented group. Dont look now, but its kind of happening again with Adams exchanging words with Pete, Wilson being called out, and Pete admitting he had no idea what was going on during the Buffalo game.

Nice post above by the Packers fan, but their organization deserves credit for seeing a problem with their Super Bowl winning coach and moving forward from him. Its time the Hawks do the same.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Adams is already doing what Sherman and ET did. Slowly and quietly the displeasure is surfacing. We flushed away the DL for him as well.

Defining moment was not firing anyone after SB 49. Needed to be done solely for locker room harmony. Since that time we have ridden out the RW wave. If we lost RW when we lost the others, Carroll would be long gone.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I’m more or less, over Carroll being extended.

Nothing we can do about it.

It’s not like we can stop going to the games.

If anything, stop buying merchandise.

But Carroll is here cause the owner and football operations team at Vulcan Sports like him enough to extend him.

It is what it is.

Cheers to more future complaints with Carroll as the coach!

With the Seahawks losing going to be more prevalent, I’m not going to let it ruin my weekends.

Just learn to live with whoever the coach is, and what their decisions are, are out of our control.

If Seattle doesn’t win the NFC West, I’d like Arizona to win it.

Fitzgerald is cool. I don’t hate them as much as the Niners or the Rams.

Latest posts