Im ready for a coaching change

John63

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1e76mncd said:
John63":1e76mncd said:
SoulfishHawk":1e76mncd said:
And hey, making the playoffs just about every year since Pete has been here really sucks.
Being a real threat year after year...…...oh the horror.

we have not been a REAL threat since 2014

Dear God.....

This ranks right up there in the archives of .net history........

If it were anybody else I would have expected the sarcasm sign. Sadly I know you are being serious.

really dude after our Eagles win are odds on the Sb was 5% that's not a real threat.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Youre a legit threat when you're in the 2nd round game, down 5 with 5 to go and your pro bowl QB has the ball.

Stop being melodramatic.

I get people want to see a better performance from the hawks in the first half of games. But firing one of the top 2 coaches in the NFL the last decade is risking all that success in the hopes that one part gets fixed.

Whole lot of hope, not much substance

Eric Bienemy?

My goodness

Ozzy

Reaction score
Firing Pete is dumb but I think people are emotional after a playoff loss. He does have major blind spots that hopefully he addresses. He's also possibly the best ever at creating a culture that resonates with players so that they want to be here and they always play hard. Many(myself included) take that for granted.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
austinslater25":1tngddwk said:
Firing Pete is dumb but I think people are emotional after a playoff loss. He does have major blind spots that hopefully he addresses. He's also possibly the best ever at creating a culture that resonates with players so that they want to be here and they always play hard. Many(myself included) take that for granted.

I have my opinion as does everybody else and i'll relent on picking out the warts, but I do need to comment on something here. Pete does create a culture that has players wanting to play for him, but even that gets old after awhile as some players have said. The same old stories, the silly rah rah pom pom cheerful attitude all the time, etc,,,. Some players don't buy into it for the duration.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1f8zziro said:
Largent80":1f8zziro said:
pittpnthrs":1f8zziro said:
SoulfishHawk":1f8zziro said:
Every single year you come on here and tell everyone "if you're satisfied with losing in the playoffs" etc.
Every......single.....year. Nobody is happy we are done, geezus man.

Because it happens every,,,,,single,,,,,year and people refuse to admit theres a problem.

Be a Cleveland fan. Goodbye.
Holy crap, right? Even worse is Detroit. I witness that debacle in Michigan every year and thank the good lord that we have a GREAT franchise, a GREAT coach and a GREAT QB. I am laughing so hard right now at some of the posts in this thread. Good god people, imagine being a fan of a team that did not make the playoffs or a fan of a team that very rarely does. There are quite a few of them. Perspective is a beautiful thing, it really is.

At some point we're going to get a big reset on reality.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":jhd2m4wg said:
austinslater25":jhd2m4wg said:

I have my opinion as does everybody else and i'll relent on picking out the warts, but I do need to comment on something here. Pete does create a culture that has players wanting to play for him, but even that gets old after awhile as some players have said. The same old stories, the silly rah rah pom pom cheerful attitude all the time, etc,,,. Some players don't buy into it for the duration.

And those players move on...

Many stay through their peak years and win lots of football games.

SSH

Reaction score
Wow.

This is going to be a great/hilarious offseason.

Slow starts and a run heavy first half got this team to the SB with a victory to boot. Not to mention makes them consistant contenders (even with a roster that is rebuilding and bangef up).

This can't be real life.

-Your friend SouthSoundHawk, long live Tanzania!

Ozzy

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1e5yzy59 said:
austinslater25":1e5yzy59 said:

I probably worded it too strongly. I don't fault anyone for any opinion nor do I think the fire Pete crowd are less of a fan than anyone else. It's sports and people getting offended by different takes is odd. I can see why people are frustrated with Pete. His in game management was really bad this year.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Those of you wishing for a coaching change, it's super easy, go find another team to follow. Then you will have a new set of coaches to chastise. You will enjoy finishing at the bottom every year.... AGAIN...!
Hawks don't need fair weather fans like you...!!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
SSH":djh9urfc said:
Wow.

Slow starts and a run heavy first half got this team to the SB with a victory to boot. Not to mention makes them consistant contenders (even with a roster that is rebuilding and bangef up).

This can't be real life.

First off, this team is not "rebuilding". That notion is erroneous, and I don't understand where it came from. Rebuilding teams don't have veteran all-pro QB's on large contracts. They also don't go out and trade for guys like Clowney, nor do they sign 30+ year old linebackers to record deals. This team is not "rebuilding". Furthermore, that same banged up roster ran over the Packers in the second half. You know why the Seahawks didn't win? We dug ourselves into a huge hole in the first half due to Pete's horrid play calling.

Slow starts and a run heavy first half are not what got the Seahawks a Super Bowl victory. You're really reaching with that statement. Sure having the uncontested best defense of the decade, and one of the best overall defenses of all time didn't have anything to do with that? Anything at all?

Pete's offense has always been a piece that is more like a garnish. It never was a central piece on the Seahawks Super Bowl run identity. The offense had its moments but they were never the main dish, they were but the appetizer in both runs.

Carroll's offense has always been about minimizing turnovers and maintaining a positive toxic differential. We explicitly avoid passes over the middle and use passing plays that utilize the sideline to avoid the potential for turnover. That offense is not built to score under ideal circumstances, Pete see's it as a means to end the game quicker and control the clock.

The issue with this philosophy is that we're not a defensive oriented team. Our defense in fact is one of the worst defenses in the NFL. This is where that philosophy falls apart at the seams, especially against good teams. This is not a team built to play like that, yet Pete still is hamfisting the offense into falling into mold.

I'm seeing a team that has failed to adapt on numerous different occasions to the hand they were dealt. A serious lack of foresight on the part of the head coach and a serious lack of self awareness. Wilson is covering these systemic issues up with nerves of steel, and ice water veins. He was tied for most 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives this season at 5, and he has the most game winning drives in the NFL since 2012 PLUS he has the highest career fourth quarter ranking of any QB since the 90s. Much of this coming after we abandon the playcalling and go off script/improvise.

Carroll's offense is not what got us a Super Bowl win.

chris98251

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1gp27p5n said:
SSH":1gp27p5n said:
Wow.

This can't be real life.

First off, this team is not "rebuilding". That notion is erroneous, and I don't understand where it came from. Rebuilding teams don't have veteran all-pro QB's on large contracts. They also don't go out and trade for guys like Clowney, nor do they sign 30+ year old linebackers to record deals. This team is not "rebuilding". Furthermore, that same banged up roster ran over the Packers in the second half. You know why the Seahawks didn't win? We dug ourselves into a huge hole in the first half due to Pete's horrid play calling.

Slow starts and a run heavy first half are not what got the Seahawks a Super Bowl victory. You're really reaching with that statement. Sure having the uncontested best defense of the decade, and one of the best overall defenses of all time didn't have anything to do with that? Anything at all?

Pete's offense has always been a piece that is more like a garnish. It never was a central piece on the Seahawks Super Bowl run identity. The offense had its moments but they were never the main dish, they were but the appetizer in both runs.

Carroll's offense has always been about minimizing turnovers and maintaining a positive toxic differential. We explicitly avoid passes over the middle and use passing plays that utilize the sideline to avoid the potential for turnover. That offense is not built to score under ideal circumstances, Pete see's it as a means to end the game quicker and control the clock.

The issue with this philosophy is that we're not a defensive oriented team. Our defense in fact is one of the worst defenses in the NFL. This is where that philosophy falls apart at the seams, especially against good teams. This is not a team built to play like that, yet Pete still is hamfisting the offense into falling into mold.

I'm seeing a team that has failed to adapt on numerous different occasions to the hand they were dealt. A serious lack of foresight on the part of the head coach and a serious lack of self awareness. Wilson is covering these systemic issues up with nerves of steel, and ice water veins. He was tied for most 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives this season at 5, and he has the most game winning drives in the NFL since 2012 PLUS he has the highest career fourth quarter ranking of any QB since the 90s. Much of this coming after we abandon the playcalling and go off script/improvise.

Disagree, Cowboys and Redskins as well as Broncos have been rebuilding and signing guys for years.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
chris98251":15vujs82 said:
Spin Doctor":15vujs82 said:
SSH":15vujs82 said:
Wow.

This can't be real life.

Disagree, Cowboys and Redskins as well as Broncos have been rebuilding and signing guys for years.
I would have to disagree that those are wholesale rebuilds. The only one of those teams with a legit QB was Dallas. The Redskins and Broncos have been a revolving door at QB for years now. A rebuild implies a clean sweep of players, and of course sometimes management. The Seahawks already had many of their core players of today on the team in 2017 which is the year Kam, and Sherman departed. This is not a rebuild, at best it is a retooling. To suggest a rebuild is really stretching it, I don't think even Pete looks at it that way.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1i4g0x9t said:
Largent80":1i4g0x9t said:
Pitt troll is doing the best he can to be a negative force, but he's justa another weak assed troll trying to elicit responses.

I'm not trolling, i'm just trying to wake you up to the problems surrounding Pete Carroll.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/zjwhitman/status/1216561544995041280[/tweet]

Look at those numbers. There's definitely a problem there. How can anybody ignore that?

13 whole first half points in 5 divisional playoff games. Good lord.

I’ve been hearing about this one the last few days. People are focusing on the 12 and totally dismissing the 113.

Largent80

Reaction score
That's what happens when the DL has one consistent player on it. The discrepency is huge. That's the defense and not the offense.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Pete was underestimated as he has always been. We’re lucky he’s a great coach and adapted to today’s NFL. He figured it out when he came in and won us a Super Bowl. He’s figuring it out again.

Vesuve

Reaction score
As for Crizzila,

His last activity in the forum was on Jan., 31, 2020.

Anyone know where he's been?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Vesuve":2qp5joj7 said:
As for Crizzila,

His last activity in the forum was on Jan., 31, 2020.

Anyone know where he's been?

He's still in mourning from the GB playoff loss, I'm sure. He joined in 2012, and those years, 2012, 2013, 2014, were the three best consecutive years to be a Seahawks fan. We haven't sniffed the SB since then, and then last year's team cruelly teased us, nearly winning the division and HFA while held together by chewing gum and baling twine, and then getting cruelly bounced by a mediocre GB team. That's enough to send nearly any fan over the edge. Seahawks Playoff Loss Grief Sydrome (SPLGS) is a real thing, hope that's not it, can take months or years to recover. Maybe he became a Chiefs fan, out of frustration? Nah. Not him.

...So that leaves the most likely scenario being that he got Corona and is in a coma on a ventilator somewhere. The care facility just needs to put the first 4 Seahawks games of this season on a repeating loop on the TV in his room, and guaranteed he'll revive from that coma by the time of second loop-thru of the Patriots or Cowboys game. Of course, they'll need to have a defibrillator on hand for immediate use if he comes to in the last 4 minutes of one of those games.

Cri, wherever you are, I hope you're well and rejoin us soon. I'm totally counting on you to entertain us with a new sig featuring an animated GIF or jpg sequence, for the NE Win, "whydidntwepass.gif" with a series of Cam Newton headshots showing disbelief at being stuffed on that final play.