Injury Reports -- Seahawks at Packers (UPDATE: Bulaga OUT!)

OP
OP
hawknation2015

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Laloosh":u04nze4g said:
oasis":u04nze4g said:
So who's going to replace Simon if Sherm's in the slot? Shead?

Most likely. Didn't Shead play some LCB last week?

Yeah, and Shead got torched at LCB. It could have been worse if not for a drop and a few passes that didn't get there.

ringless

Reaction score
marko358":wqplzztp said:
jammerhawk":wqplzztp said:
Of course Tharold Simon is on the injury report just as he has been almost every week since he was drafted.

It is little wonder the team decided to sign Cary Williams as Simon has historically been unavailable.

I saw Tharold at the local book store over the weekend. He seemed bummed.

Photo 06 hires

What movie is that from again? I remember watching it years ago and it was great

marko358

Reaction score
ringless":1burbhak said:
marko358":1burbhak said:
jammerhawk":1burbhak said:
Of course Tharold Simon is on the injury report just as he has been almost every week since he was drafted.

It is little wonder the team decided to sign Cary Williams as Simon has historically been unavailable.

I saw Tharold at the local book store over the weekend. He seemed bummed.

Photo 06 hires

What movie is that from again? I remember watching it years ago and it was great
That's Mr Glass from Unbreakable.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1umv3o81 said:
Yup, sorry to hear it. Bahktiari was already likely to struggle with Cliff Avril's speed and bullrush. Don Barclay is guaranteed to struggle against Michael Bennett, who has superior length, power, and quickness off the ball. He is also a poor matchup against Avril in the nickel defense. With the pressure coming in both directions at once, it's going to be a little more difficult for Rodgers to have the time to time to find open receivers. It's also going to negatively impact your run game.

I would love to see Frank Clark get some snaps against Bahktiari or Barclay. Too much power for those guys.

I know nothing about the Packers' o-line, so serious question: Are Bahktiari and Barclay worse than the 2 Rams rookies? Because Napoleon Dynamite Foles had plenty of time to throw to wide open receivers fairly often last week. And Rodgers can actually move away from pressure as he doesn't have statue legs.

ptisme

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3swoj79r said:
ptisme":3swoj79r said:
hawknation2015":3swoj79r said:
Packers are likely to be without Bulaga (sprained MCL) for Sunday's NFC Championship Game rematch against the Seattle Seahawks.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13678 ... nee-injury
That is horrible news for GB.

Yup, sorry to hear it. Bahktiari was already likely to struggle with Cliff Avril's speed and bullrush. Don Barclay is guaranteed to struggle against Michael Bennett, who has superior length, power, and quickness off the ball. He is also a poor matchup against Avril in the nickel defense. With the pressure coming in both directions at once, it's going to be a little more difficult for Rodgers to have the time to time to find open receivers. It's also going to negatively impact your run game.

I would love to see Frank Clark get some snaps against Bahktiari or Barclay. Too much power for those guys.
Yeah, That was as difficult an injury as could have been imagined for the Packers.

ptisme

Reaction score
MysterMatt":76g6bfg8 said:
Our weak secondary vs their weak OL. Interesting.
False statement. With Brian Bulaga the Packers oline is top five in the league. Bulaga is borderline pro bowler. Bakhtiari is the week link of the group but is certainly a serviceable offensive lineman. What this injury does is we now have a serviceable Left Tackle and a less than serviceable right tackle.. That probably won't cut it against Seattle. Our interior three linemen are outstanding .

Alexander

Reaction score
I was definitely leaning towards the Packers winning this game before the Bulaga injury. With him ruled out for Sunday, I'm closer to 50-50 or even leaning Seahawks in this game depending on the status of our own injuries (sure would be nice to have Simon back).

Against a team with a lackluster pass rush, Bulaga's absence might not matter too much, but the Hawks definitely have the personnel to take advantage. If I remember correctly, Bulaga had to leave last year's opener with an injry, and his absence really impacted the GB offense. I think they have a different backup RT this year, but at the very least this should give the defense a weakness to exploit, which they really need given the issues they seem to have in coverage.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Largent80":3rwo2ydl said:
Simon being out is a loss for our now woeful backfield. Damn, looking forward to Lane coming back.
Damn-IT! I had (have) such I hopes for this kid, but if he doesn't get healthy soon I will be...very put out.

Hawks46

Reaction score
ptisme":3gbb440a said:
MysterMatt":3gbb440a said:
Our weak secondary vs their weak OL. Interesting.
False statement. With Brian Bulaga the Packers oline is top five in the league. Bulaga is borderline pro bowler. Bakhtiari is the week link of the group but is certainly a serviceable offensive lineman. What this injury does is we now have a serviceable Left Tackle and a less than serviceable right tackle.. That probably won't cut it against Seattle. Our interior three linemen are outstanding .

Your interior is very good. So is our interior pass rush. When Bennett is inside, he's almost unblockable.

I'd really like to see Clark get some more snaps, and see how he does. Pair him and Bennett up, with the outside pass rush....sheesh.

Then again we're going to need the help with our secondary.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Also not an injury, but Guion is suspended this game, and he was their best interior rush defender.

It showed up against Chicago, and I'm guessing it shows up against us. If Lynch can get going early, it's going to be a different game.

Laloosh

Reaction score
So they're missing their best run stopper, their starting ILB and now their starting RT?

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Laloosh":21idk2id said:
So they're missing their best run stopper, their starting ILB and now their starting RT?

Don't forget that Jordy Nelson guy.

He caught 15 passes against us last year.

I REALLLLLLY want to see a Avril==Clark==Hill==Bennett line.

Avril destroyed Bahktari last year in Seattle.

Bennett or Avril against a big guy coming off an ACL tear who got blown up by James Harrison in the preseason. Got Tolzien concussed.

The inside linemen are good but how much of that is Aaron Rodgers.

If our secondary can make A-Rod hold onto the ball for 3+ seconds and the LBs can keep Lacy in check, it could be a LONG day for the Packers offense.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Today Gilliam and Irvin are officially listed as questionable for the game. At Pete's presser he thinks they'll be able to go. Simon is a game time decision.

marko358

Reaction score
Basis4day":3ewnkkbh said:
Today Gilliam and Irvin are officially listed as questionable for the game. At Pete's presser he thinks they'll be able to go. Simon is a game time decision.

I'm sure Simon will get a really bad hang nail or something an hour before the game.

Laloosh

Reaction score
^^^ Gilliam and Irvin both with Ribs? Wonder what happened there.