Insider Info

Cartire

Reaction score
Barthawk":2057x0mo said:
Michael- damn shame. If this is the case, why keep him around.. cut him now.

Trade-Fleece maybe.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Man that sucks. I was really looking forward to Okung chucking some long bombs to Kearse and Baldwin.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Cartire":2kya4jx6 said:
Barthawk":2kya4jx6 said:

Trade-Fleece maybe.

not sure what his value would be - has hardly played since being drafted and has been injured; starting a rumor that he's injured to cover up the fact that he's just not good doesn't seem to help that cause, for a guy that is much likely to just end up on waivers either way.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Barthawk":3m90xpme said:
iigakusei":3m90xpme said:
This is what I don't understand about injury reports. You are telling me Okung has a torn labrum and is practicing in full this week?

Patrick Kearney was 2nd in the Def MVP voting in 2007 and played the last 12 games of the year with a torn labrum. It can be done. I tore mine, but it took two years of further damaging it to require surgery. The pain was managed by taking NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)

The thing with tears is that they vary in significance. Some tears are very small and some are much larger tears. I think when people hear the words "Torn Labrum" They jump to the conclusion that it's more of a worst case scenario, when it isn't always the case.

Exittium

Reaction score
I'm not surpised at the okung bit, C. Mike maybe, but then why would we keep him?.. And maybe that question is answered by the whole marshawn bit. Which I'm even more curious about now.. Not concerned but curious..

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
If Michael is a bust who doesn't know the plays why was he being run in the preseason? And why isn't he straight cut? They could have kept D. Bronson

And if Okung is injured slightly, why hasn't Seattle picked up an actual insurance policy in case he goes down in game?

I dunno, it doesn't add up to me.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Granted Im far from a professional athlete, but I had a slight tear in my labrum six years ago and just dealt with it til' it healed.

Depends on how severe it is if he does indeed have one.

What is a Labrum Tear?

A labrum tear can take several forms, and it is very easy to confuse these types. As a result, it is important that you discuss with your physician exactly what type of tear he/she is talking about. The first type of tear is one where the labrum is torn completely off of the bone. This is usually associated with an injury to the shoulder where the shoulder has subluxated or dislocated. Sometimes this type of tear occurs and the individual does not appreciate that the shoulder has slid out of the socket.

The second type of labrum tear is tearing within the substance of the labrum itself. The edge of the labrum over time may get frayed so that the edge is not smooth. This type of tearing is quite common and rarely causes symptoms. It is seen frequently in the shoulder as people get more mature (over forty years of age). Sometimes the labrum may have a large tear where a portion of the labrum gets into the joint and causes clicking and catching as the ball moves around in the socket. This type of tear is very rare, and most labrum tears do not cause these symptoms.

142labrum5

A third type of labrum tear is in the area where the biceps tendon attaches to the upper end of the socket. The socket can be divided into four regions: anterior (or front), posterior (or back), the upper end near your head (or superior), and the lower end (or inferior) which is toward the elbow.

The biceps tendon attaches at the superior end where it blends in with the labrum. The labrum runs from there around the joint, both in an anterior and in a posterior direction. Due to injury in this area where the biceps tendon attaches, the labrum also can get injured. The injury in this area can be mild or it can be severe. Because the injury typically involves the biceps tendon and the labrum, because it is at the superior end of the socket and because it can effect the labrum attachments anterior and posterior to where the biceps attaches in this region, the acronym or abbreviation for this injury is a SLAP lesion. This stands for an injury which is Superior Labrum Anterior and Posterior.

SirTed

Reaction score
I am crazy for doubting this info regarding Okung?

I mean, it's certainly possible but to say the team feels like they don't have any other option is surprising to me. Okung hasn't exactly been a stone wall in 3 games, and it has little to do with his arm.

Is it really so hard to believe (based solely on the 3 games) that Bailey would be considerable worse than Okung? I kinda doubt that part.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Cartire":2jycdz3d said:
Not to mention, how long till a Hawk beat writer reads this and starts bringing it up at the press conferences. We know some of them read .net.

Well if the community would rather I keep inside information to myself, by all means let me know and this will be my last inside info-related thread.

Exittium

Reaction score
Aros":hkztrimv said:
Cartire":hkztrimv said:
Not to mention, how long till a Hawk beat writer reads this and starts bringing it up at the press conferences. We know some of them read .net.

Well if the community would rather I keep inside information to myself, by all means let me know and this will be my last inside info-related thread.

I will gladly accept and welcome the inside info. I think there too many people who are paranoid, and or need to loosen up on the tin foil hats.

Cartire

Reaction score
Aros":g376w9gt said:
Cartire":g376w9gt said:

I dont know man. Maybe we need a VIP forum or something for this. But the injury thing also seems like something the NFLPA go after the hawks for if it got out.

I appreciate this stuff, I really do. But you cant pretend like its not juicy info for parties with alternative motives.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":r24waekf said:
If Michael is a bust who doesn't know the plays why was he being run in the preseason? And why isn't he straight cut? They could have kept D. Bronson

I dunno, it doesn't add up to me.

I have to agree here. With all the emphasis on Lynchs' holdout in the pre-season, why would you not bring in more Running backs if Michael was so un-serviceable? This on a team not well known for keeping dead weight around for long. Could be true, but man I hope not, because that would mean we are that much further away from having a post Beast mode running game in place.

Ozzy

Reaction score
When I watch Michael he seems to hit the right holes and do what a running back can do. I don't doubt the remembering of the plays though. Still plenty of time to figure it out and be a stud. I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Michael yet.

Thanks for sharing Aros!

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Michael inactive again today. You may be on to something. Would liked to have saw him get some game time today if we get a nice lead.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Aros":1n7hgpl6 said:
While I can't name my source (if I do, no more insider team news) I can tell you his good friend happens to be a good friend of one of the players. With that said, here's today's dish:

So Okung has a torn labrum in his shoulder. Remember he hurt it in the Broncos game? But since they have nobody to replace him he is going to get it shot up before every game the rest of the year and hope it doesn't get injured worse. He has his strength but from what I hear it hurts like hell anytime he has to use his arm to block. Oh, and nobody knows about this except the team...

I've got a couple of Marshawn stories but I was told "I cant tell them around here, not exactly good to say while at work" So that should be fun.

Oh, and the final and not good at all is (my friend) says that with 100% certainty that Christine Michael will be a bust. He rarely knows or remembers plays, doesn't run where the blocks are set up and just isn't good. He says no way he ever sees the field unless they are completely desperate for a RB. This is why he isn't ever activated. He isn't injured either like they say.

Have you noticed how great James Carpenter looks? He has a new GF and she's a personal trainer and she cooks him all his meals and (source) says he's down to 320 for the 1st time since college and since the Seahawks didn't resign him that he's gonna get paid after this year. He says he's been looking great.

Thats pretty cool having an inside source . You should probably keep the Marshawn stories to your self :D

King Dog

Reaction score
Weird that Pete would say Christine Michael was the most improved player during one of his training camp press conferences.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Now all I can think about is, what's this info on Lynch that couldn't be shared?

Reaction score
Well, as much as I don't want to believe the stuff about Michael, he's inactive again tonight, and so is Kevin Norwood....keep hoping to see them both get some game action.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":26h3n4dz said:
Well, as much as I don't want to believe the stuff about Michael, he's inactive again tonight, and so is Kevin Norwood....keep hoping to see them both get some game action.

How would Norwood get activated when they already have 6 active wide receivers and he doesn't play special teams? The 46 man roster strikes again.

Exittium

Reaction score
Laloosh":24eo5utz said:
Now all I can think about is, what's this info on Lynch that couldn't be shared?

:th2thumbs: :13: