Insider Info

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Whatever the dish is on Lynch, I will only share it if it doesn't get him in any trouble. Same goes for any player. I'm not going to part with any knowledge that could get any player or person in the organization in trouble. I'm not saying that is the case here with whatever Lynch stories he has, but just as a fyi.

ivotuk

Reaction score
So now that the news is out, do you think opposing teams will be going after his shoulder?

I can't believe Michael is going to be a bust. How could they not know if he had a learning disability? I think his natural ability would be enough to get by on, just hand him the ball and see how he goes.

But if this is true, there's no getting any picks for this guy.

Erebus

Reaction score
I don't buy that Michael will be a bust. It could happen, but with the way Pete takes care of his players, I have to think Pete will find alternative ways to help CMike overcome his learning struggles. I think this info probably comes more as a perception of him by teammates.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Not to cast aspersions or anything, but this board has a pretty spotty record when it comes to inside information. I take everything I read here (that isn't linked to a reputable source) with a big ol' chunk of salt.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Our all city running back in high school would stare at the ground during the huddle.
Then he'd tap my arm and ask, "Do I get the ball...?"
Then he'd bust one for 50+...just saying...

Did not need to hear that about Okung.

seabowl

Reaction score
Proof of the Michael rumor is that his talent alone is better than what Turbin brings as a whole.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
volsunghawk":1a0xgn2x said:
Not to cast aspersions or anything, but this board has a pretty spotty record when it comes to inside information. I take everything I read here (that isn't linked to a reputable source) with a big ol' chunk of salt.

As it should be. Nobody here says to suspend all skepticism when it comes to second, or third-hand information. My source has nothing to gain to give me this information. How you process the information is completely up to you.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I wonder if the story with Lynch that Aros speaks of has anything to do with Marshawn being on the bench right now?

kearly

Reaction score
The Michael tidbit just sounds like one guy's opinion to me.

Okung does look like a guy who's playing injured. Like Unger last year.

volsunghawk":1fbybreu said:

Well, this is from the friend of a player, it's not sourced from the FO in any way, so I really doubt there's a Machiavellian element of false intel here as you might see during draft season from "team sources."

That said, other than the Okung bit, I don't think this player's friend told Aros all that much. Nothing stated in the OP is all that shocking, except for this person's personal opinion of Michael.

Seafan

Reaction score
Thanks, Aros. This site has always been a great source for inside info and I appreciate those who share that here.

Don't shoot the messager.

chris98251

Reaction score
Okung isn't playing well and holds or grabs are an indication of something wrong. Michael question mark, fumbles, etc are more explainable when you start adding focus or attention to details which you need for blocking, or a possible learning disability like Wallace had.

Any build up by Pete as far as his progress may not be a smoke screen as much as the amount of understanding he is gaining, it just may not be on the same pace as others and as long as he is working at it he could eventually break through. Larry Brown had great talent and also had issues, it was finding out he had a hearing issue and addressing it that helped him become a great back for the Redskins, he also had issues with fumbling. Confidence has a lot to do with your performance and if you're not getting it your confidence drops creating other deficiencies.

Also the one person I would not discredit his information here about is Aros, he knows like no other what information given can create and I am sure is doubly cautious about sharing something that is misinformation or purely opinion.

I would say that people always want to shoot the messenger, discredit, or be able to say I told you so if they can. But then again you also know this Aros.

I appreciate the information, and it explains or offers possible explanations at least.

drdiags

Reaction score
Aros":2tsuw575 said:
Cartire":2tsuw575 said:
Not to mention, how long till a Hawk beat writer reads this and starts bringing it up at the press conferences. We know some of them read .net.

Well if the community would rather I keep inside information to myself, by all means let me know and this will be my last inside info-related thread.

Just block Cartire, problem solved and the rest of us can enjoy whatever snippets you provide.

Cartire

Reaction score
drdiags":l7i6g7jj said:
Aros":l7i6g7jj said:
Cartire":l7i6g7jj said:
Not to mention, how long till a Hawk beat writer reads this and starts bringing it up at the press conferences. We know some of them read .net.

Well if the community would rather I keep inside information to myself, by all means let me know and this will be my last inside info-related thread.

Just block Cartire, problem solved and the rest of us can enjoy whatever snippets you provide.

Oh calm down. You may have blocked me and therefor wont read this, but I bring up legitement points whether or not you want to agree with them.

I never said I dont appreciate the info, because I do, but its called INSIDER info for a reason. And no one knew of Okungs injury until this post, which means the opposing teams didnt either. But now, even if we want to assume this is a seahawk only viewing area, its no longer INSIDER info. Its everyones info, including opposing teams. And it should be ok to bring that point up.

I love the info because its about my team and Im not going to use it against them. But other teams and fans love it for different reasons. And its naive to think they dont.

I thought, and still do, that a VIP section where veteran members only are allowed, would be perfect for this type of info.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Cartire":539wyw40 said:
I thought, and still do, that a VIP section where veteran members only are allowed, would be perfect for this type of info.
Fine by me, except nobody who registered in late 2012 would qualify by my definition of "veteran", that's for sure. Forum auto-tag next to your name be damned. :)

Cartire

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":lmcdh5qm said:
Cartire":lmcdh5qm said:
Fine by me, except nobody who registered in late 2012 would qualify by my definition of "veteran", that's for sure. Forum auto-tag next to your name be damned. :)

ahh yes, my bad. 2 years of loitering before finally registering is my downfall. And of course, being stationed in japan for 3 years prior to that with limited to no internet didnt help. I guess I should decide between serving my country and spam posting .net next time i make life choices.

But its all good.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I lurked the old Scout forum for years before registering, I don't take credit for that. It's really just your self-including presumptuous veteran forum quip that I was poking a stick at.

Cartire

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":jb2z0xdd said:
I lurked the old Scout forum for years before registering, I don't take credit for that. It's really just your self-including presumptuous veteran forum quip that I was poking a stick at.

It was more about a place to put insider info to keep it insider, and had nothing to do with myself. But I see where you like to jump to conclusions.

Smellyman

Reaction score
not sure about his info...seems fishy

if he had a torn labrum it somehow is affecting his slow feet. He can sure hold with his arms though...