Insider Info

Bobblehead

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":22ukivr4 said:
Hard to get a franchise left tackle picking at #32.

Since we have a mixed bag with our first round draft picks, perhaps we should bundle a couple of them and trade up to 1 through 10 spot in the draft.

There is some outstanding LT's coming out in the draft this year and I really would love to see us snag one, even if it means burning several 1st rounders to acquire one.

Really, would we be any worse if we didn't draft Carpenter or Irvin, or Michaels? The meat of our depth is finding those gems in the latter rounds.

Another nice feature here is losing Okungs contract for others that maybe looking for one.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Bobblehead":9gh3fyag said:
SacHawk2.0":9gh3fyag said:

Since we have a mixed bag with our first round draft picks, perhaps we should bundle a couple of them and trade up to 1 through 10 spot in the draft.

There is some outstanding LT's coming out in the draft this year and I really would love to see us snag one, even if it means burning several 1st rounders to acquire one.

Really, would we be any worse if we didn't draft Carpenter or Irvin, or Michaels? The meat of our depth is finding those gems in the latter rounds.

Another nice feature here is losing Okungs contract for others that maybe looking for one.
This isn't as outlandish as it might seem.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Aros":jzbbr2or said:
I figured something more was going on with Michael. It just didn't add up with him never getting any reps. Sad about Okung but not surprising.
Yep...there HAD to be a reason he's never on the field.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Carroll acknowledged OT Russell Okung is playing at a little less than 100 percent but that “he’s plenty good enough to play” and the hope is that “he will continue to improve as we go through the season.”

Per press conference.

lukerguy

Reaction score
iigakusei":7rpkl8at said:
This is what I don't understand about injury reports. You are telling me Okung has a torn labrum and is practicing in full this week?

If you watch the tape, he didn't hurt his hip. His shoulder/arm was the point of concern.

Pete said today he is just getting into football shape, had a late start to the season, and will improve every week.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
The Cmike story sounds a little too he said/she said. Our inside source isn't a player or someone in the organization, it's a friend of a player. A guy coming out of practice pissed and venting about Cmike being an idiot to a close friend (saying he's a bust) is different than him being a bust and the organization giving up on him.

I'm gonna wait and see on that one.

The Okung thing makes sense.

And I'm SURE that Marshawns got some stories.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1l5b1ay1 said:
I'll take merely "upper half of the league and smart enough to almost never get flagged", to be honest.

Rocket":1l5b1ay1 said:
I had 10,000 posts to .net once.
And I joined WAAY before 2012.

So there. Roland. :)
People only think I post a lot because they don't remember you here before. ;)

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Labeling someone a bust is someone's opinion. Why did Carroll praise Michael so much during training camp and the offseason? Why did they draft him with the second round pick? I just don't get how he can be labeled a bust after some very strong showings in limited reps.

And concerning Okung's labrum, I don't doubt the credibility as Okung has shown he's not what he could be, I will wait until I hear from Pete first.

I will wait until next year when he has another year of training camp experience and more reps during the season to make my own personal judgement on Michael. He's not a bust yet.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
jdemps":2xihqcvn said:
The Cmike story sounds a little too he said/she said. Our inside source isn't a player or someone in the organization, it's a friend of a player. A guy coming out of practice pissed and venting about Cmike being an idiot to a close friend (saying he's a bust) is different than him being a bust and the organization giving up on him..

Um, false.

Our inside source is in FACT a Seattle Seahawk currently enjoying a spot on the 53-man roster.

FACT.

I put my reputation on the line on that fact alone and boy that better mean something to you.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
RolandDeschain":5roz8bqv said:
Todd, it's the Internet; don't hold skeptics personally against you. :)

Sigh. You are so right. (gets up,walks to bedroom and goes to sleep.)

(Not without fantasizing about RW bringing us a second championship where the new and hot catch phrase is...)

THREE PETE

or

3 PETE!!

Rob12

Reaction score
I really hope that's not true about Michael. I just have a hard time believing that a player that has displayed his explosiveness and has so few NFL carries could already be categorized as a bust. Then again, it's probably not as far-fetched as I would like to believe.

If he is a bust, it's completely mental and the kid likely just doesn't care. I don't see his physical abilities holding him back at all.

I think Aros' source is likely a vital player, perhaps even one of our stars. I'm leaning towards Russell, Sherm, or Earl.

Cartire

Reaction score
Aros":1xt63tu5 said:
jdemps":1xt63tu5 said:
The Cmike story sounds a little too he said/she said. Our inside source isn't a player or someone in the organization, it's a friend of a player. A guy coming out of practice pissed and venting about Cmike being an idiot to a close friend (saying he's a bust) is different than him being a bust and the organization giving up on him..

Um, false.

Our inside source is in FACT a Seattle Seahawk currently enjoying a spot on the 53-man roster.

FACT.

I put my reputation on the line on that fact alone and boy that better mean something to you.

Wait, you said your source is a friend of the player. Isnt that exactly what jdemps said. Your source isnt the player. Your source is the friend of the player who happens to be your friend. Im confused. Unless you are actually talking to the player. Are you?

Uberman

Reaction score
The inside source is John Ryan . . . isn't it . . .

Largent80

Reaction score
He needs to take care of that. I had one and it is very painful when trying to raise your arm up. I had it operated on and I was out of commission for several months.

Seems like he was right about that, also on Michael as well. Right now I don't see why he isn't playing if healthy.

SHOCKER315

Reaction score
Aros":mi7ue0hs said:
While I can't name my source (if I do, no more insider team news) I can tell you his good friend happens to be a good friend of one of the players. With that said, here's today's dish:

So Okung has a torn labrum in his shoulder. Remember he hurt it in the Broncos game? But since they have nobody to replace him he is going to get it shot up before every game the rest of the year and hope it doesn't get injured worse. He has his strength but from what I hear it hurts like hell anytime he has to use his arm to block. Oh, and nobody knows about this except the team...

I've got a couple of Marshawn stories but I was told "I cant tell them around here, not exactly good to say while at work" So that should be fun.

Oh, and the final and not good at all is (my friend) says that with 100% certainty that Christine Michael will be a bust. He rarely knows or remembers plays, doesn't run where the blocks are set up and just isn't good. He says no way he ever sees the field unless they are completely desperate for a RB. This is why he isn't ever activated. He isn't injured either like they say.

Have you noticed how great James Carpenter looks? He has a new GF and she's a personal trainer and she cooks him all his meals and (source) says he's down to 320 for the 1st time since college and since the Seahawks didn't resign him that he's gonna get paid after this year. He says he's been looking great.

Since Aros's source is legit...and considering Lynch's late start vs the Redskins, his conspicuous lack of carries vs Dallas, and laughing on the sideline after the game. I am wondering what the Marshawn story is all about.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SHOCKER315":23yz73fx said:
Aros":23yz73fx said:
While I can't name my source (if I do, no more insider team news) I can tell you his good friend happens to be a good friend of one of the players. With that said, here's today's dish:

So Okung has a torn labrum in his shoulder. Remember he hurt it in the Broncos game? But since they have nobody to replace him he is going to get it shot up before every game the rest of the year and hope it doesn't get injured worse. He has his strength but from what I hear it hurts like hell anytime he has to use his arm to block. Oh, and nobody knows about this except the team...

I've got a couple of Marshawn stories but I was told "I cant tell them around here, not exactly good to say while at work" So that should be fun.

Oh, and the final and not good at all is (my friend) says that with 100% certainty that Christine Michael will be a bust. He rarely knows or remembers plays, doesn't run where the blocks are set up and just isn't good. He says no way he ever sees the field unless they are completely desperate for a RB. This is why he isn't ever activated. He isn't injured either like they say.

Have you noticed how great James Carpenter looks? He has a new GF and she's a personal trainer and she cooks him all his meals and (source) says he's down to 320 for the 1st time since college and since the Seahawks didn't resign him that he's gonna get paid after this year. He says he's been looking great.

Since Aros's source is legit...and considering Lynch's late start vs the Redskins, his conspicuous lack of carries vs Dallas, and laughing on the sideline after the game. I am wondering what the Marshawn story is all about.
I don't think the stories about 'Shawn have anything to do with either of the situations you described, They said his back was stiff prior to the D.C. game and he was getting it loose and as for yesterday, it is possible he was laughing at the futility of the offense based on a lack of carries for him. Remember him giving Bevell the finger last year? And if he was laughing at him yesterday, it was deserved. But it's just as possible a fan shouted something funny that made him laugh or something along those lines.

My impression of what Todd (Aros) was talking about were stories that were randy/naughty in nature that weren't fit for anyone reading them at work. Please confirm Todd!

Latest posts