Insider Info

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Thanks, Todd. I think...THINK...that Okung will be physically incapable of finishing the year, and as soon as Bailey is completely healthy he has to go on IR. He's become a liability, pure and simple. I just hope Schneider can find someone off the street to provide a little serviceable depth.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Can we start a petition to get Papa Pete & Uncle John to draft O-line in the first round next draft? Perhaps an occupy movement?

I'm not even sure that I'm joking. Okung is great when he's healthy and not drawing flags. Uh, yeah - depending on him a few games a year between those two things combined is not the solution.

Tical21

Reaction score
I would bet you there are quite a few teams in the NFL where the guy with the lowest IQ is the starting RB. Why isn't Adrian Peterson one of the faces of the NFL? NFL history is littered with RB's that slept through meetings and/or refused to practice. Some coaches will let just about anything slide for a talented player, but some won't set that president. If you're not going to let a guy get on the field until he "gets it," this length of time should have been enough. If he still doesn't, that could be a problem.
You don't cut your second round pick during his second season. It reflects poorly on your front office.

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
Tical21":2bgielwc said:
I would bet you there are quite a few teams in the NFL where the guy with the lowest IQ is the starting RB. Why isn't Adrian Peterson one of the faces of the NFL? NFL history is littered with RB's that slept through meetings and/or refused to practice. Some coaches will let just about anything slide for a talented player, but some won't set that president. If you're not going to let a guy get on the field until he "gets it," this length of time should have been enough. If he still doesn't, that could be a problem.
You don't cut your second round pick during his second season. It reflects poorly on your front office.
When has that EVER mattered to this FO?

Keeping Michael around solely because he was a 2nd round pick a year ago would completely go against everything this organization has been built upon.

Shock2k

Reaction score
IndyHawk":bhhl84mk said:
I'm RH and I tore my left shoulder labrum and it really sucked...I could still play golf but couldn't play softball catching the ball in odd angles would kill me and using the bat was no good..Had no power..All I can say is I hope it's on the arm he favors because the stronger it is -the better you can deal with it ..There is no natural healing of this..Only surgery can repair it...You will need to rehab it every week and boy it hurts because everything is so tight inside and you will struggle to get most of the movements totally back..I had mine 12 years ago...There is no pain but out of 100% I'd say I'm at 90 at best ..Can't complain though it was pain just to sleep in bed ..I'm glad thats over and maybe things are better now but I can't see it being much different..Good luck Okung..I think the Hawks need to get another guy soon..

Agreed, have the same injury and decided to opt out of the operation. Can't do anything overhand (Like serve in tennis or throw a football) without my arm going completely numb for around 15 to 20 seconds and a lot of pain. This is really bad news. The operation comes with a guarantee of loss of mobility (though that was the diagnosis 10 years ago, maybe medicine is better now on these injuries).

uncle fester

Reaction score
I think if Okung is indeed injured, then only getting flagged for two holds last night is pretty impressive.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Thank you for this info Todd. I tend to believe all of it though I think they hang with Michael one more year with the hope that the light eventually goes on.

Really hoping for the Marshawn stories.............

slargent4ever

Reaction score
If I double promise not to say a word will you pm me the beast info. I'm super intrigued.

kidhawk

Reaction score
uncle fester":3buzegf4 said:
I think if Okung is indeed injured, then only getting flagged for two holds last night is pretty impressive.

Okung worries me, not so much that I think he lacks talent, which is something I've been hearing some of lately, but that he will be a liability moving forward. The Redskins are far from the most difficult task he'll face. If he struggled with the pain last night (and I assume that is a huge factor in his penalties) then what's it going to be like when he faces teams with a more impressive defensive line?

the ditch

Reaction score
If Christine is going to be such a bust then why even keep him around you`re wasting a roster spot where you could be churning through guys to find another fit.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I have a problem with the Cmike thing. If he is so bad, why does he always look fantastic in the preseason? It also became evident in the preseason that his blocking skills are not good enough, so I tend to believe what Pete has said here.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":nkdm2pyg said:
Can we start a petition to get Papa Pete & Uncle John to draft O-line in the first round next draft? Perhaps an occupy movement?

I'm not even sure that I'm joking. Okung is great when he's healthy and not drawing flags. Uh, yeah - depending on him a few games a year between those two things combined is not the solution.

Michael Roos is a free agent at the end of the season. Wonder if he fancies coming back to Washington. Could be a decent stopgap whilst we try and develop a draft pick or two.

drdiags

Reaction score
Cartire":1iuqyz49 said:
Oh calm down. You may have blocked me and therefor wont read this, but I bring up legitement points whether or not you want to agree with them.

I never said I dont appreciate the info, because I do, but its called INSIDER info for a reason. And no one knew of Okungs injury until this post, which means the opposing teams didnt either. But now, even if we want to assume this is a seahawk only viewing area, its no longer INSIDER info. Its everyones info, including opposing teams. And it should be ok to bring that point up.

I love the info because its about my team and Im not going to use it against them. But other teams and fans love it for different reasons. And its naive to think they dont.

I thought, and still do, that a VIP section where veteran members only are allowed, would be perfect for this type of info.

It is called being sarcastic. You really need to lighten up. Talk about calming down, take your own advice.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We need Skype so we can all see each other's body language when posting, lol. James, are you going to Temple before a game this year or what?? Haven't seen you in ages!

Hawks46

Reaction score
On the plus side, if you're a fan of Lynch and want him back for another contract, the CMike news is good news to you.

If Lynch is still playing at a high level, it's beginning to look like his replacement doesn't "get it". If being surrounded by the leaders on this team doesn't motivate you to get things right, nothing really will.

Rocket

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":34mr2erc said:

OCCUPY VMAC !!!!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Brought up some points in the other thread about this thread regarding injury reports and noticed Kam Chancellor isn't on the report either, even know everyone knows he has bone spurs in his ankles.. soooo basically, I can buy Okung playing with a torn labrum now.

hawk45

Reaction score
Re: CMike...eh...he could very well be disappointing them mentally but if Turbin's play is the result of being smarter, I'll take the guy who doesn't follow his blocks or know what the play is.

Re: Carpenter, again, he may very well have a GF cooking for him (who probably sees the $$$ and is smart enough to withhold nookie until he pushes away from the table) and he may get paid after this season but I won't spend one second lamenting that we could have had him extended. He was out of shape for years here, that is his history, and he came in in-shape during his contract year. GF or not, once he gets paid, I'll get paid betting on him to go back to being a disappointment. If he ends up being consistently good then hats off to him and wish him well, there's no way this FO could responsibly have extended him given his performance up to this point.

Re: Aros, Aros is the man and that's final. His source? I'm not ready to extend the Aros-pass to his source :D

Latest posts