Interesting RW quote

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sherm is a god around here it seems, but man that guy is sensitive. Reminds me a child who is still complaining about not getting ice cream 5 years ago when his friend got some.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Funny, but do you. Sherm is a whiner. Love on the field Sherm. Off the field Sherm is an attention starved 5 year old. Might be time for him to move on.
Just like the team moved on from Russ.

BASF

Reaction score
It is interesting that none of you see the Washington Football Team being slighted angle. He chose the Broncos over being traded to the Football Team because he thought he would have to carry them. The Seahawks were never an option for him.

As I have stated before, I believe his angle is more glory in a guaranteed six game duels against top ten quarterbacks which is the reason he came back early to face Aaron Rodgers. Wilson craves the stage and attention more than anything else.

Last edited:

hawks85

Reaction score
what an ego the guy has to even say shit like that
I've tried to tell people this. Wilson is a POS, always has been. no team can protect Wilson. Dudes QB style doesn't fit the NFL and Denver will soon realize that. Wilson said he wanted to go to a team that wants to win etc...Denver was the only team willing to pick up his contract and literally pay this dude 50-60 million next season. Wilson is a complete Douchebag and I hope he gets face planted not only week 1 against us, but the whole god damn season and if he gets hurt, then he gets hurt, I don't care one bit.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I've tried to tell people this. Wilson is a POS, always has been. no team can protect Wilson. Dudes QB style doesn't fit the NFL and Denver will soon realize that. Wilson said he wanted to go to a team that wants to win etc...Denver was the only team willing to pick up his contract and literally pay this dude 50-60 million next season. Wilson is a complete Douchebag and I hope he gets face planted not only week 1 against us, but the whole god damn season and if he gets hurt, then he gets hurt, I don't care one bit.

If what you say about Wilson's "QB style" not fitting the NFL is true, then Wilson will not be getting an extension at $50M+ per year.
If Wilson gets the monster extension people around here are imagining for him, I think it'll be because he's done pretty well in 2022, well enough to convince the Broncos' new ownership group and the Broncos front office that Wilson is one of the top QBs in the league and is likely to continue to be one for a few more seasons, and that the Broncos can win one or more Super Bowls with Wilson as QB.

I very much want the Broncos to give Wilson an extension with loads of guaranteed money and top-of-the-QB-market annual averages because I really dislike the Broncos, but I don't think it'll happen unless Wilson plays pretty well this season and the Broncos look really strong with him at QB.

keasley45

Reaction score

That's a bit extreme, no? The dude can obviously play in the league. Yeah, he has his own way of doing things, for better and for worse, but 10 years playing successful ball isn't luck.

And the Commanders offered more than Denver, as did the Bears the year before... or so it was reported.

He's got some obvious self image 'issues', but he can play. The question now is the same as it's always been, and was posed best recently by Richard Sherman... is he as good as he thinks he is?

Going by that statement... i think he's got a warped opinion of himself.

Time will reveal all things 😉.

cymatica

Reaction score
Sherm is a god around here it seems, but man that guy is sensitive. Reminds me a child who is still complaining about not getting ice cream 5 years ago when his friend got some.
He reminds me of someone who can never admit when they are wrong

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, has been that way for a long time. LOVED him as a player on this team. One of the all time great Hawks. The other side just got old. To me at least. Everyone sees him their own way. He's not above criticism, even if he was a part of an all time great defense.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
He's not the first former Seahawk player to be bitter (if he is indeed bitter) and he won't be the last.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/article/49ers-Richard-Sherman-sounds-off-on-Seahawks-13432454.php.

Considering that Sherman has a bias against RW, what his opinions are on RW should be taken with grain of salt. I like Richard Sherman (on field version). The off-field version doesn't seem to have matured much.
This is a bit of a different situation than all the other bitter ex-players since it seems that RW the person or the bubble surrounding him seemed to be the main issue they had with the team.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
He reminds me of someone who can never admit when they are wrong
Kinda like Sherman? Dude straight up lied and never apologized but kept doubling down. He was the most arrogant player in the history of this franchise and was quite selfish in how he acted but to hear it on this board it was Russ that was the problem. Dude, has a massive axe to grind because he was and always had been all about himself. Not to mention his recent run ins with the law for drunk driving and threatening his wife and family. If there is anyone on this team that actually deserves to be ripped to shreds its Sherman but he gets a pass here for whatever reason.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Half the posts of people crying and getting their panties in a knot of over Sherman… get over it holy crap. Same posters who are being 1) Hypocritical and 2) the most vocal about their alleged dislike really love to constantly find a player and just egg it on.

You make excuses for Sherman “off field” of why he’s an attention starved 5 year old but offer no proffer other than his incident involving his family we know nothing about Sherman than what we’re told. Get the **** off your high horses. You’ll drown yourselves from the nose bleed.

toffee

Reaction score
Anti- John63 in that I don't just blatantly make stuff up, hang my beliefs on conspiracy theories, or put a player above the team.

Absolutely anti-John63.
If you are open to being wrong when presented with reasonable doubts, you are not John63. It takes special something to be John63, he is unique. Sorry, I was wrong, he is not unique just the most vocal of his like minded bunch.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
Far from it, Sherm had, still has a mouth that often open at the wrong time, wrong place. I wanted him GONE in '15 and '16, and I cheered when he was released. I thought he and his buds were pulling Russ's development back, not allowing Russ to take over the locker room and lead the boys to promised land. Boy was I wrong on the Russ bit, guys in the locker simply didn't want to follow Russ's marching orders. And Russ didn't come near to carrying, or leading us to promised land.

What I always admire Sherm though was his football IQ, he was seldom wrong on his football opinions. Just that he fired those opinions at the wrong time wrong time, often unnecessary.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
It was amazing watching Russ carry the defense on his shoulders. I've never seen a QB carry the #1 scoring defense in the NFL for four straight years until he came around. What a giant eff you to the entire LOB, Beast Mode, Lockett, and DK. Damn.

I hope Pete prints this quote and hangs it up in the locker room.
wasn't just the #1 scoring defense for 4 straight years, even THAT is selling that defense short. it was perhaps the best defense over an era since the steel curtain. #1 out of all 32 teams in DVOA in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015.... crazy shit... that's steel curtain / purple people eaters level of defense... and yet... all wilson got us was 1 'chip. if he doesn't throw that endzone pick vs patriots to lose the game, then that's atleast 2 'chips. he even had a hall of fame monster in the backfield to hand off to during that stretch. 1 'chip. f*cking sad.

"but but but but wilson carried us after the LOB, jUSt LoOk At ThE sTatS!" - john63 and other fanboys

passing stats are so bloated, just like russell's ego:
Wilson lol

Latest posts