Irony - Philly threw the ball on the goal line

IndyHawk

Reaction score
MO Hawk":2qed8mr7 said:
My point was not to compare the two, but to point out to outsiders who said we were stupid to throw the ball on the goal line that other teams do it and maybe "throwing" instead of running wasn't in and of it's self a bad idea.

All else you said about all the film on what Seattle did vs. Philly never showing that look I completely agree with.

I've heard so many analyst blast us for throwing instead of running. My point in the post is that we weren't the only one willing to throw on the Pats on the goal line. In fact, even with our disaster to learn from, Philly still threw the ball on the goal line even though they had a solid running game.

Another point you didn't mention is that the Pats had Brandon Brauner, who had played with Seattle the year before and I'm sure told the Pat's that play was one of Bevill's favorites. In fact, as we found out later, they practiced defending that exact play.

So my point was that maybe we weren't so stupid to throw on the goal line after all, then all the other things mentioned in this thread about what Philly had and we didn't.
:lol:
I will add that it's only stupid when the play fails.
Nothing is going to work every time.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2m8y8vgu said:
I’d say many believe the actual play that was called was stupid, not throwing in itself. The Eagles play was great. So happy that happened to the Patriots
Yep, this. How we threw was idiotic, and that was ALL on Bevell. THAT we threw was not stupid.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1th3seel said:
MO Hawk":1th3seel said:
My point was not to compare the two, but to point out to outsiders who said we were stupid to throw the ball on the goal line that other teams do it and maybe "throwing" instead of running wasn't in and of it's self a bad idea.

All else you said about all the film on what Seattle did vs. Philly never showing that look I completely agree with.

I've heard so many analyst blast us for throwing instead of running. My point in the post is that we weren't the only one willing to throw on the Pats on the goal line. In fact, even with our disaster to learn from, Philly still threw the ball on the goal line even though they had a solid running game.

Another point you didn't mention is that the Pats had Brandon Brauner, who had played with Seattle the year before and I'm sure told the Pat's that play was one of Bevill's favorites. In fact, as we found out later, they practiced defending that exact play.

So my point was that maybe we weren't so stupid to throw on the goal line after all, then all the other things mentioned in this thread about what Philly had and we didn't.
:lol:
I will add that it's only stupid when the play fails.
Nothing is going to work every time.

2ef17dd257198051051ff39fdc612f2eeb5c35432605c73d18

Vesuve

Reaction score
MO Hawk":cn79zd6h said:
Anybody find it ironic that Philly threw the ball on the Patriots on the goal line and it worked? Dang!

Probably happened because Malcom Butler wasn't in the game.

Maybe the difference was execution by the players.

Apples and oranges

That was the "Philly Special".

Right time, right call, not the last play of the game.