Offensive Line - 2023

Jville

Reaction score
Hats off to Evan Brown and the men who brought him on board ..... John Schneider and Andy Dickerson.

Evan Brown is the warrior that is keeping it all together. Great signing. He played 100% of Monday Night Snaps. Starting at center and finishing at left guard. Evan currently leads the team in total percentage of snaps at 97.6%

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Our offense is top 5 in some media evaluations, yet we achieved that with:

Stone - Brown -Olu - Bradford - Curhan. That's 6th rounder - UDFA - rookie 5th rounder - rookie 4th rounder - UDFA,
Hi toffee,

I'm probably just as surprised as you are. While I did not expect this offensive line group to be terrible, I didn't expect them to be this good either... We have some "Home Makin's" for down the line...! ✨

toffee

Reaction score
Hi toffee,

I'm probably just as surprised as you are. While I did not expect this offensive line group to be terrible, I didn't expect them to be this good either... We have some "Home Makin's" for down the line...! ✨
My speculations here:

Geno doesn't have happy feet, his whereabouts were more predictable for the linemen, thus easier to time and adjust their moves.

Geno may also help with calling the right blocking what not in a timely manner.

Our OC and OL coaches were doing a good job.

We are leveraging our guys' natural position, ie their college experiences.

Our RBs are willing and good at blocking

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Man i gotta admit, I’ve really enjoyed reading your Oline posts and what not. Pretty informative and well done. Reminds me of a former poster @kearly and his random thought posts and what not. Very insightful and knowledgeable poster. Thoroughly enjoyed reading his posts as i find myself doing with yours. Thank you!
JPatera76,

It's people like yourself that make this site "Snap & Pop" they way it does.

Please keep doing what you do!

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Bobo is a keeper
Mizzou,

You might want to re-visit the Offensive Line thread. Hawk's backup line in now rated 11th by PS. Kind of tells me that TOP 10 is now within reach. How the season finishes though, well that is still open to who finishes healthiest at the end I guess.

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
My speculations here:

Geno doesn't have happy feet, his whereabouts were more predictable for the linemen, thus easier to time and adjust their moves.

Geno may also help with calling the right blocking what not in a timely manner.

Our OC and OL coaches were doing a good job.

We are leveraging our guys' natural position, ie their college experiences.

Our RBs are willing and good at blocking
toffee: I think you are exactly right! NY Giants spent more draft capital than any other team did over these last 5 years? Yet it was the Seahawk's Offensive Line that gave up one sack versus the Giant's 11 sacks.

Our line was so disadvantaged, one starter playing out of position, four other backups playing, and yet our line held strong.
That doesn't happen very often.

That is probably not going to hold against the 49'ers and Nick Bosa, but it's our Bye Week, and our side does have these next two weeks to recover from inuries. One more great defensive performance like the last one, and it's anybody's game.

We are what... Three weeks away from the hardest part of this season's schedule?

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Jumping ahead to the week 5 game in Cincinnati, here's what is out there, and nothing is definite yet, but it's at least hopeful!

"Meanwhile, an offensive line that was short four starters by the close of Week 4 could see three return: left tackle Charles Cross, and guards Damien Lewis and Phil Haynes. (Cross) worked today and looked quick and nifty, Carroll said. We’ll see how he does when we come back once we get though the week and see if he can maintain the practice level that will allow him the chance to play...

Both (Lewis and Haynes) have a chance to be OK this week. We’ll see how they go. It’s going to take us a bit before we know but both guys have a chance.”

Here's a screen shot of the injuries that the Cincinnati Bengals are currently reporting:

Screenshot 2023 10 11 091434
Should this hold true, then the Bengals could be without 4 important starters, or these players could just be limited.
  • WR, Tee Higgins
  • CB, Cam Taylor-Britt
  • OT, Orlando Brown
  • TE, Irv Smith Jr
How might that injury list help the Seattle Seahawk's Offensive Line?
On the surface it really does not seem to help the Hawk's Offensive Line at all.

My initial instinct tells me that this will be a field position game, possibly won by turn overs, and I like the Hawk's chances in both of of those scenarios. Trouble is, these same Hawk's are ranked 30th in passing defense.

Win or lose, I don't believe this game comes down to the play of the Seahawk's Offensive Line. It will come down too their own offensive play selection. Did they move the chains on 3rd down? Did they control Time of Possession?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hopefully we can pound the rock and eat up that TOP. Keep Burrow on the sideline. One thing about this Hawks team that needs to drastically improve, imo, is their 3rd down efficiency on both sides of the ball.

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Hopefully we can pound the rock and eat up that TOP. Keep Burrow on the sideline. One thing about this Hawks team that needs to drastically improve, imo, is their 3rd down efficiency on both sides of the ball.
Agree with SoufishHawk - Let me count the ways...!

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Signing out now - You people are just too toxic, and while you hid it well originally, I don't need it.