Offensive Line - 2023

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Looks like Bradford is starting at right guard today...
Love it!
Thanks for that update LTH.

Wish I could watch, but I have Dish, and CBS wants to strong arm them for mo money.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
So far the pass protection looks really solid. Giving geno all sorts of time.

Its still early but he's got time.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Very it's how I roll.

MizzouHawkGal,

You have piqued my curiosity. Who are your favorite players on this team? I understand that you are unhappy with the current ownership and coaching, so just thought I'd ask you...

What keeps you a fan of this team?
(Ignore me if you don't want to answer, that's okay too)
I love Lockett, DK and K9 especially Lockett he's a true man not fake like Russell. It's really hard to be forced to watch a real team with probably the best quarterback ever with actual coaches doing their thing every week and not be completely pissed at the shit show Pete has been allowed to get away with for 7-8 years with no end in sight.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I love Lockett, DK and K9 especially Lockett he's a true man not fake like Russell. It's really hard to be forced to watch a real team with probably the best quarterback ever with actual coaches doing their thing every week and not be completely pissed at the shit show Pete has been allowed to get away with for 7-8 years with no end in sight.
Those are three really good answers!
Offense, offense, and more offense, eh?

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
So game 3 is in the books, and while Seattle beat Carolina by a score of 37 to 27, I honestly didn't believe that would happen. While I did not get to watch this game myself, I understand that the Hawk's were down 4 starting offensive linemen for much of this game, and only (Center) Evan Brown played through the entire contest. I've got a few quick stats & a question at the end for those that might be interested in following or adding to this thread as the season goes on.

Pass 279

Only two sacks given up, while missing four starting offensive linemen, plus tight end Will Dissly.
Credit the quality of depth - We've seen starting 5's that couldn't do that well in recent years.

Rush 146

While I'm sure these rushing stats have a lot to do with the overall talent at the running back position, it's still a pretty remarkable accomplishment with four/five starters down on the line.

Injuries

My question is, who played and filled in at guard so well?
Was it Ben Brown at LG, Anthony Bradford at RG, or some other mix? Olu maybe?
I'd be obliged for your help on this subject?

JPatera76

Reaction score
So game 3 is in the books, and while Seattle beat Carolina by a score of 37 to 27, I honestly didn't believe that would happen. While I did not get to watch this game myself, I understand that the Hawk's were down 4 starting offensive linemen for much of this game, and only (Center) Evan Brown played through the entire contest. I've got a few quick stats & a question at the end for those that might be interested in following or adding to this thread as the season goes on.

View attachment 60840

Only two sacks given up, while missing four starting offensive linemen, plus tight end Will Dissly.
Credit the quality of depth - We've seen starting 5's that couldn't do that well in recent years.

View attachment 60841

While I'm sure these rushing stats have a lot to do with the overall talent at the running back position, it's still a pretty remarkable accomplishment with four/five starters down on the line.

View attachment 60842

My question is, who played and filled in at guard so well?
Was it Ben Brown at LG, Anthony Bradford at RG, or some other mix? Olu maybe?
I'd be obliged for your help on this subject?
IRRC, for a few series or half, Seattle was using an entire Backup Oline because of Lewis or someone getting injured (wrist?)

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
IRRC, for a few series or half, Seattle was using an entire Backup Oline because of Lewis or someone getting injured (wrist?)
The entire line, including Olu getting some reps?
If so, I think that is a positive for later on in the season.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Yeah! Perhaps the best O-line group we have ever had?
Wellllllllllllll, the 2005 Seahawks would have a word. That could be the best line in NFL history. These kids are all very good though, no doubt in my mind the talent and drive are all there.

OP
OP
Dvl Dug

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Wellllllllllllll, the 2005 Seahawks would have a word. That could be the best line in NFL history. These kids are all very good though, no doubt in my mind the talent and drive are all there.
Agreed - That 2005 group had a lot of talent, plus a lot more experience than this current 2022/2023 group has to date.

Yet, something tells me that this current Seahawk's Offensive Line will be even more special, providing team management holds them together, and they all get the reps the need early on.

Remembering the Washington Redskins "Hogs" offensive line of the early to mid 1980's for example. How about a Center such as Pittsburgh's Mike Webster, who could "pull" more effectively than other team's guards could?

This particular line seems to be growing another dynamic all on it's own, and I am not sure what to call it yet, maybe...

Strength In Numbers? SIN?

toffee

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal,

You have piqued my curiosity. Who are your favorite players on this team? I understand that you are unhappy with the current ownership and coaching, so just thought I'd ask you...

What keeps you a fan of this team?
(Ignore me if you don't want to answer, that's okay too)
Russell Wilson?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Watching Bradford in for Haynes this last game caused me to smile at times as it appeared he is a true mauler with nasty intentions as a run blocker. I believe we will ultimately be happy with that pick.

He played through the whistle run blocking and wanted to put his man into the dirt each chance he had. I suspect he will be the starter before long and will replace Haynes who has had trouble staying healthy.

Can't wait to see the starters back playing and to see this OLine gel. That said the backup OTs have shown up and shown me much more at times than I thought they had.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Carolina is known to have a good front too don't they, making the effort look even better. This was such a difference from last year's loss to the Panthers where the Hawks lost the battle up front on both sides.