Is Anyone Else NOT Impressed w our Offseason Pick ups so far

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
As much as my wife wants a 2016 Dodge Charger, our bank account (personal cap space) states that she must make do with a 1o year old Nissan.

TheWalrus

Reaction score
I don't care that they haven't signed anybody good. My big problem is that they continue to seek out offensive lineman who are above average run blockers and atrocious in pass pro. I'm so sick of this philosophy. The fact that they project Webb as a right tackle just shows that they haven't changed at all when it comes to valuing pass protection and as a result we can expect to see Wilson run for his life again next year.

Honestly, I have blind faith in everything this organization does EXCEPT for all decisions involving the offensive line. I think their personnel moves on the o-line are beyond stupid.

kobebryant

Reaction score
LegendKiller":7qofk3xj said:
The only FA signing that I thought was decent was Siliga. .

Not Rubin and Lane? or getting Kearse back on a team friendly deal?

OP
OP
L

LegendKiller

Reaction score
kobebryant":3o85b1vq said:
LegendKiller":3o85b1vq said:
The only FA signing that I thought was decent was Siliga. .

Not Rubin and Lane? or getting Kearse back on a team friendly deal?

I should clarify. I'm talking about players from other teams. Rubin and Lane (ESPECIALLY lane) were crucial. As for Kearse, I couldn't care either way. Yes he's come up clutch but he's not a spectacular, consistent WR during the regular season in my opinion and i'm sure others would disagree...but it says a lot when before free agency he was "looking forward to a new home" and after 4 days of testing the market he ended up re-signing w/ the Hawks. Shows how the market valued him as a receiver and hence why we got a team friendly deal w/ him. Kearse is replaceable to me considering our WR depth but Rubin and Lane are not given their market.

OP
OP
L

LegendKiller

Reaction score
TheWalrus":2m7lox94 said:
I don't care that they haven't signed anybody good. My big problem is that they continue to seek out offensive lineman who are above average run blockers and atrocious in pass pro. I'm so sick of this philosophy. The fact that they project Webb as a right tackle just shows that they haven't changed at all when it comes to valuing pass protection and as a result we can expect to see Wilson run for his life again next year.

Honestly, I have blind faith in everything this organization does EXCEPT for all decisions involving the offensive line. I think their personnel moves on the o-line are beyond stupid.

Agreed. We really need a steady o-line now that the Cards picked up Chandler Jones. Damn I hate them.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Compensatory picks are a big part of the formula. Don't forget that detail. The pick gained from Byron Maxwell's contract might net Meeb's replacement. I'm under the impression that the one-year deals Schneidy has doled out don't factor into the equation.

FWIW, I think Mebane leaving is going to have the most impact. We've been spoiled with elite run defense for so long we take it for granted. It's going to take a step back in 2016. Meebs is an elite eater of double teams. I disagree with Kearly about him only having one good year left. He was top-notch in 2015. He can do the 1-tech job for a minimum of two to three more years, that's a job with a long shelf life. He's mini Pat Williams, and Pat was excellent as a C/G eater, at least a two-down one, until he was about 37.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think if you look at the Schneider history the Sexy pick ups don't work a lot, to much money, to much ego, the pick ups that seem to work best are the one's that are big ugly and have attitudes and are cheaper over all. So far we have a lot of ugly so I am pretty happy.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Very happy so far.

Kept some of our guys -- now making value moves in the market.

Big draft to come.

Go Hawks.

Cartire

Reaction score
Who exactly are you mad we didnt get? The FA market this year wasnt anything spectacular. I wish we kept Irvin, but there are many here who are fine with the move. Who else from other teams did you feel would have made a significant impact? This year was stale with some abnormal contracts (which I blame on an every increasing cap).

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Only move I hate is Webb.. but that can be washed away if Okung comes back or we draft an OT at 26.

The rest is what this team needed.. shore up some depth with cost effective vets and retain our own important role players.

Willyeye

Reaction score
LegendKiller":3a9f7is2 said:
I get that we have a huge cap issue, but I feel a lot of our offseason FA signings have been more patch work than decent pick ups. A visit from Shea Mcclellin from the Bears? He's been in the league for 4 years and has greatly under performed as a first round pick. It just seems to me that the FO are going after these players w/ the hopes that one will actually be decent as opposed to going after a guy thats tried and proven. My gut tells me that our o-line issues are not going to really improve this year...

It's kind of like the difference between having a lot of draft picks vs. trading away a bunch of high picks for Harvin. This could work. Maybe if they sign 5 or 6 of these guys, 1 or 2 of them might stick.

titan3131

Reaction score
If we can have a 2012 level impact draft and reignite the competition fire on our roster we will be set.

McGruff

Reaction score
titan3131":25tdq7vs said:
If we can have a 2012 level impact draft and reignite the competition fire on our roster we will be set.

So all we need to do is simply replicate one of the best drafts in NFL history?

Cool. Yeah. Let's do that.

titan3131

Reaction score
McGruff":2c0gn4jl said:
titan3131":2c0gn4jl said:

Glad ur onboard

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
McGruff":28njkoqx said:
titan3131":28njkoqx said:

Replicate one of the best drafts in a draft that is arguably the worst in the last decade no less.

razor150

Reaction score
titan3131":2jq49bai said:
McGruff":2jq49bai said:
titan3131":2jq49bai said:

Glad ur onboard

I am on board too. We should use that strategy every year.

OP
OP
L

LegendKiller

Reaction score
Well... with AZ picking up jones and now evan mathis, we better make some moves to counter because AZ is really making a push to go all in this season