Is Anyone Else NOT Impressed w our Offseason Pick ups so far

Mojambo

Reaction score
LegendKiller":3u9f78xw said:
Well... with AZ picking up jones and now evan mathis, we better make some moves to counter because AZ is really making a push to go all in this season

Meh. I don't think their QB can get them there.

And I bet if you put their fanbase on truth serum, they wouldn't think so either.

Basis4day

Reaction score
LegendKiller":2ted669d said:
Well... with AZ picking up jones and now evan mathis, we better make some moves to counter because AZ is really making a push to go all in this season

Arizona is talented and a contender. But they still have to go through the Hawks to get anywhere, just as we through them.

Football isn't played on paper.

OP
OP
L

LegendKiller

Reaction score
And to anyone that says look at the teams that are contenders and how they're not doing anything...look at the cards and now the Pats...Picking up Long, Bennett, Hogan, Cooper and an additional 2nd round pick.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I bet fans in Carolina and Arizona said... 'we better do something now Seattle has Jimmy Graham' a year ago.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
When you don't have money to spend, you end up with offseasons like this.

We might be able to pick up a good player after the draft or after final cuts. Teams have usually spent most of their available money by then so we might be able to scoop up a couple vets on cheap 1 year deals.

I could be wrong but it's my understanding that signing a player who was cut does not hurt our comp pick consideration.

Jville

Reaction score
LegendKiller":2phocj8e said:
And to anyone that says look at the teams that are contenders and how they're not doing anything...look at the cards and now the Pats...Picking up Long, Bennett, Hogan, Cooper and an additional 2nd round pick.

I suspect such statements were speaking to the pitfalls of locking into week one bidding wars. The moves you refer to came after the week one feeding frenzy. And they included the cooperation of trading partners to make it all work.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Typically big free agent signings don't pan out. We have been on the short end too many times to count. You have to look at all the roster moves we made through the entire offseason, combined with guys on the roster or practice squad who we really didn't see but were perfecting their craft. I for one am glad we aren't breaking the bank like a desperate team.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Frankly no, I am not impressed in the slightest degree. We lose 2 /3 linemen, from our starting group, and get back three part timers (at best) doesn't seem to really solve the problems that we are faced with. I have faith in our front office and Pete, but I sure as hell hope they show us the total answer to our O-line delemma?

M.M.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":144xrs87 said:
As much as my wife wants a 2016 Dodge Charger, our bank account (personal cap space) states that she must make do with a 1o year old Nissan.

Hey rich guy trying to make the rest of us feel bad.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
LegendKiller":2y0wicqo said:

They sort of have to b/c their core is older than the Hawks and it's now or never or until they retool with a new QB and start WR.

Besides Jones is really the only genuinely good player they've added but it's an expensive one year rental b/c he'll need to be franchised or will command a very expensive big contract after this season is up. Mathis is colose to being at the end of his career.

Bring in capable athletic bodies and have them compete for a job to me is preferable method than overpaying for elderly or really expensive FAs.

Time will tell who was right.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, it's probably a good thing that the check box for "impressing the internet fans" is so far down on the list. ;)

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Paper championships are pretty cool, but I think I like Lombardi trophies more