Is Doug Baldwin a Mal-Content?

themunn

Reaction score
There are still people who hate the fact that Tate waved goodbye to that POS Macleod of the Rams and then turn around and say we made a good decision dumping a receiver whose 99 receptions and 1300 yards for the Lions would have been single season records for a Seahawks player.

People who are genuinely arguing that his 15 yard penalty was more damaging than his 3 yard touchdown against the Pats, or his 35 yard 3rd down reception in OT against the Packers (shortly after his 10 yard 2nd down conversion in the same drive) and his 20 yard reception to start the previous scoring drive or 2 passes for 37 yards in the opening scoring drive.

That's right, against Green Bay we had 9 completed passes for 190 passing yards in the 4 drives that we scored on, of those 190, Baldwin accounted for 5 receptions for 102 yards (the other 4 were the Ryan-Gilliam 19 yard TD, the Lynch out-of-bounds-almost TD the Kearse TD and an 8 yard reception by Willson).

He was the biggest difference maker in our passing game (alongside Lynch running wild), but one ill-advised decision in the Superbowl means we should dump him and probably watch him go on to do exactly what Tate did - get the stats that prove his quality, when those of us that actually watch him play know that he already is that good.

chris98251

Reaction score
So ya all think next time he will have Kearse be the Plunger guy?

Come on, it was in bad taste, so was Moss when he pulled his pants down in Minny yet he moved on and understood it later that there are some things you just have to rise above.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
themunn":1xwhf3bw said:
There are still people who hate the fact that Tate waved goodbye to that POS Macleod of the Rams and then turn around and say we made a good decision dumping a receiver whose 99 receptions and 1300 yards for the Lions would have been single season records for a Seahawks player.

People who are genuinely arguing that his 15 yard penalty was more damaging than his 3 yard touchdown against the Pats, or his 35 yard 3rd down reception in OT against the Packers (shortly after his 10 yard 2nd down conversion in the same drive) and his 20 yard reception to start the previous scoring drive or 2 passes for 37 yards in the opening scoring drive.

That's right, against Green Bay we had 9 completed passes for 190 passing yards in the 4 drives that we scored on, of those 190, Baldwin accounted for 5 receptions for 102 yards (the other 4 were the Ryan-Gilliam 19 yard TD, the Lynch out-of-bounds-almost TD the Kearse TD and an 8 yard reception by Willson).

He was the biggest difference maker in our passing game (alongside Lynch running wild), but one ill-advised decision in the Superbowl means we should dump him and probably watch him go on to do exactly what Tate did - get the stats that prove his quality, when those of us that actually watch him play know that he already is that good.

I think most people are more irritated with the ranting and screaming all the time at anyone that'll listen, far more than pooping a football.

Like I said pages ago, it's time for Doug to take the Shermy Sherm approach. You did your ranting, now it's time to play it cool, pick your spots and take a more intellectual approach to your outrage at certain topics and people.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Baldwin needs to start acting like a Stanford grad with a brain; take a cue from Sherman.

Seattle needs Baldwin to do what he does on the field. He's probably worth $4M per year. Baldwin, IMO is an above-average #3 receiver, closer to a #2. (How ironic on the #2)

netskier

Reaction score
That is a very concise way to summarize Baldwin. He is our Number Two receiver.

He is also generalizing the term "slot receiver".

seedhawk

Reaction score
Greenhell":24o5aud4 said:
SuperFreak":24o5aud4 said:

I'm tried of his act, the poop celebration was more so out of line that I lost all respect for him to pull that selfish move in the biggest game for his team was beyond stupid.

I never heard an explanation why he did such a stupid thing? What the reasoning behind it?

When his new stool softener add shows up things might get a bit clearer. :p

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":n5u3jf58 said:
Tical21":n5u3jf58 said:
ADB= Annoying Doug Baldwin
Funny.
I would have used a different A word though....

Angry Deuce Baldwin..

And I"m sorry to those that think it was a stupid play to get a penalty and that we should just not worry about it.

Stupid implies somewhat that he didn't know any better, yet, it was very premeditated and very orchestrated.
It was taking himself way above the team, that team that was so behind the 8 ball with injuries, a team that had too work so hard just to be where they were, and then, in one moronic, selfish play, basically threw it all away, Whats equally annoying, is that he threw what everyone else did away, because aside from the ref aided 3 yard td, he was sleeping with the TE's, and he did absolutely nothing.. and yet he didn't give a damn that he Could F it up for you, his team mates, Pete, Paul, everyone.

I thought that was the single worst play I"ve ever seen in the Super Bowl and will never forget what he did on perhaps one of the single biggest events in the History of our sport.

We will never know, but to me, the 15 yards in field position was huge and lost the game.
With out the penalty, IT's a completely, completely different game.