Is Doug Baldwin a Mal-Content?

djb28

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2kj7gbl7 said:
peppersjap":2kj7gbl7 said:
I tended to tolerate Baldwin's actions the last couple of years but I can easily say he is my least favorite Seahawk after the crap he took on the organization and all its fans during the Super Bowl and when asked about it he feels he did nothing wrong. I have sent 2 different complaints to the organization about his actions and have heard nothing back so apparently they are taking the, it is OK because he is "Angry Doug" attitude! I was on the fence with him until that game, how does anyone think squatting over a ball and acting like you are defecating could possibly be an appropriate celebration? He has to know many fans are upset about this yet he feels there is no need to apologize? I know kids didn't see it live but I'm sure most have seen it now, how would you feel if you saw a kid do that at a peewee football game?
It cracks me up that we are taking the high and mighty attitude when people ask about how they would feel if Suh ended up on our team when we have someone as disrespectful as Baldwin on our team? Before you flame me remember he pretended to pull his pants down and then squatted over the ball he had just scored a TD with and pretended it was the results of his defecation and then had talked his partner Kearse into coming over and being part of his show. After all this he has said he was just having fun (even though he earlier had said it was directed at someone and they would know what it meant). As a father a 13 year old Seahawk fan I have never respected a player less because he feels he did nothing wrong and I'm seriously starting to question the organization because they have addressed it in no way!
Lol... This post is hilarious. We're talking about a guy that has always given his all to the organization and fans want him gone because he pretended to crap out a football after scoring a TD?

I tried to read it twice and my eyes crossed both times.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Rob12":1sruz35f said:
hawknation2015":1sruz35f said:
He's a young guy who still shows poor judgment at times. But he hasn't been arrested or cheated in any way, so we should be able to let it go if he shows maturity.

Part of being mature, even at his age, is admitting a mistake after the fact. He hurt his team. He put our organization in a negative light. Most don't care what others think, but some do. I'm not one of them, but I can understand how that penalty chapped a lot of people's *****.
Tim Ruskell is that you??

Rob12

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":10r59qln said:
Rob12":10r59qln said:
hawknation2015":10r59qln said:
He's a young guy who still shows poor judgment at times. But he hasn't been arrested or cheated in any way, so we should be able to let it go if he shows maturity.

Yawn.

Part of being mature, even at his age, is admitting a mistake after the fact. He hurt his team. He put our organization in a negative light. Most don't care what others think, but some do. I'm not one of them, but I can understand how that penalty chapped a lot of people's *****.

Someone else said that to a guy in another thread who didn't like Baldwin's antics and it wasn't funny the first time.

I'm just growing tired of the act. I love our team's swagger and wouldn't change that for anything. I'm a huge advocate to sign Suh. But with Doug, if he wants to act like a diva, he needs to not completely disappear in the biggest game in team history. One catch. And that catch gave him the celebratory runs?

If the Pats barely got in FG range and it resulted in points for them, would you be saying the same thing? I doubt it. And I doubt the D appreciates the added pressure.

But I guess for some, these guys can do no wrong. Don't get mad at the few of us who have no problem in calling out BS behavior.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Rob12":2o9i9cdl said:
Hawkfan77":2o9i9cdl said:
Rob12":2o9i9cdl said:
hawknation2015":2o9i9cdl said:

Yawn.

Someone else said that to a guy in another thread who didn't like Baldwin's antics and it wasn't funny the first time.

I'm just growing tired of the act. I love our team's swagger and wouldn't change that for anything. I'm a huge advocate to sign Suh. But with Doug, if he wants to act like a diva, he needs to not completely disappear in the biggest game in team history. One catch. And that catch gave him the celebratory runs?

If the Pats barely got in FG range and it resulted in points for them, would you be saying the same thing? I doubt it. And I doubt the D appreciates the added pressure.

But I guess for some, these guys can do no wrong. Don't get mad at the few of us who have no problem in calling out BS behavior.
I haven't seen you rip on Lynch or Chris Mathews for grabbing their crotches. Have you complained about Sherman calling out Revis after Baldwins TD? Or Lane for saying Gronk isn't that good. Should those guys "completely disappear"?

Why is Baldwin the only player you're attacking for "bs behavior"? There are plenty of others who do and say worse. Should the Hawks be looking to unload those players as well?

firebee

Reaction score
Based on what I've seen from Baldwin... He's never put himself above the team. He's simply spoke for the players and expressed what the players around him are saying and feeling. Funny how everybody thinks Baldwin is so honest and great when he gets on the podium and calls out the hypocrisy of the NFL with Sherman, but when he calls out Bevell for throwing Lockette under the bus and not holding himself accountable for the call he made; Baldwin is a distraction and not a team guy... SMDH... We got some seriously delusional fans.

Rob12

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":22ecpqq7 said:
Rob12":22ecpqq7 said:
Hawkfan77":22ecpqq7 said:
Rob12":22ecpqq7 said:
hawknation2015 said:

Yawn.

I haven't seen you rip on Lynch or Chris Mathews for grabbing their crotches. Have you complained about Sherman calling out Revis after Baldwins TD? Or Lane for saying Gronk isn't that good. Should those guys "completely disappear"?

Why is Baldwin the only player you're attacking for "bs behavior"? There are plenty of others who do and say worse. Should the Hawks be looking to unload those players as well?

When did I say we should unload him?

Rob12

Reaction score
Rob12":1kkaqdwc said:
Hawkfan77":1kkaqdwc said:
Rob12":1kkaqdwc said:
Hawkfan77":1kkaqdwc said:
Rob12 said:
hawknation2015 said:

Yawn.

When did I say we should unload him?

Did those things you mention hurt our team on the field? The ONLY reason this isn't a bigger deal is because our D bailed him out.

Rob12

Reaction score
firebee":142bockf said:
Based on what I've seen from Baldwin... He's never put himself above the team. He's simply spoke for the players and expressed what the players around him are saying and feeling. Funny how everybody thinks Baldwin is so honest and great when he gets on the podium and calls out the hypocrisy of the NFL with Sherman, but when he calls out Bevell for throwing Lockette under the bus and not holding himself accountable for the call he made; Baldwin is a distraction and not a team guy... SMDH... We got some seriously delusional fans.

He's absolutely right to back Lockette! Who here thinks he isn't? My problem is that when does a chip on the shoulder become too much? Why does he let the media work him up so damn much? Why did he go through with a celebration that he knew would put more pressure on his defense in the biggest game of the year against a great QB and offense?

That's my issue. I'm not saying cut Baldwin. I'm saying Pete needs to instill some discipline. We lead the league in penalties; we don't need to be ******* out footballs too, and then disappearing the rest of the game.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Rob12":2jscwng3 said:
Did those things you mention hurt our team on the field? The ONLY reason this isn't a bigger deal is because our D bailed him out.

This is a first time thing, and it ultimately cost us nothing in pts, I understand we are taking this loss very hard but TOO MUCH is being made into this whole Baldwin thing. It was a stupid thing to do and I doubt it will ever be done again.

Funny thing is everybody would probably love it if it came from Lynch, Im not going to waste my time looking it up but I'd love to see if the same people celebrating Lynch grabbing his balls want Baldwin gone for the only time hes ever celebrated a touchdown. Baldwin usually just hands the ball to the ref ..

Rob12

Reaction score
Killa Kam":nkvift4c said:
Rob12":nkvift4c said:

This is a first time thing, and it ultimately cost us nothing in pts, I understand we are taking this loss very hard but TOO MUCH is being made into this whole Baldwin thing. It was a stupid thing to do and I doubt it will ever be done again.

Funny thing is everybody would probably love it if it came from Lynch, Im not going to waste my time looking it up but I'd love to see if the same people celebrating Lynch grabbing his balls want Baldwin gone for the only time hes ever celebrated a touchdown. Baldwin usually just hands the ball to the ref ..

I bet less than five percent of Seahawks fans want him gone. I need to back off of him, I do love him as a player, and a lot of this for me is just continued frustration... Damn it.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
jammerhawk":x961w4rw said:
No one got punched, no illegal drugs were used, nobody got hurt, though a few defensive players may wish to have words with Doug. It was a rather ill conceived TD celebration with a message sent which could have been better thought out. I love DB. He's a very good players who plays hard and speaks out when he thinks BS is happening. In every other way he's a very solid citizen and I know this from talking with him in a relaxed setting. He is a very bright and considerate thoughtful person, so this celebration is out of context for him and he shouldn't allow the Prime Time's, etc. of the world to get under his skin.

I suspect he regrets this rather juvenile display of emotion, and has $ 11,000+ reasons besides his his now otherwise unbesmirched reputation to think over after this error of judgment which probably had more to do with being ADB than being intentionally foolish.

Trading him from the team b/c he made a mistake that ultimately he is and will pay for? C'Mon, really??? As it's the off season and everything is worthy of consideration it's an interesting idea but getting a 3rd for him is pipe dream stuff, besides he's signed to an advantageous contract to the team and he has a good rapport with RW. On another team with a better OC he'd put up Tate like numbers and he is worth more to the team than many acknowledge.

I'm sure Pete has already spoken to him about not doing things that intentionally put the team in a more difficult situation. I know eventually he and the other WRs here will get their recognition as genuinely solid players, but pooping out a football isn't the way it'll get done.
Really? Your sure that the coach of the NFL's most penalized team for two years running spoke to Baldwin about it? I'm really not convincend that's how Pete does things.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I grew tired of his act long ago, because he isn't good enough to be as obnoxious and offended as he is. He isn't hurting anyone or cheating, so i just don't listen to his interviews and all is well. My biggest concern is that the team won't try to upgrade the receiver position

seahawks08

Reaction score
When you look at somebody, you tend to define him for the moment. Yes that was stupid, but every moment is coachable. Go look at the scrambling catches he made for the games for the past 3 years when the defining moments between winning and losing was a catch here or there. We can't be fans with short term memory and talk with one pr two games. There is a reason the team.signed him, there is definitely something the organization saw. Respect that and lets stop behaving like making it more than it should. Yes I hate what he did for the celebration but I still will not forget his value and what he brings. For bringing wide receivers who have great numbers, we are playing to RW strength, so any slot receiver will never have much catches or will be a higher risk play for RW than back shoulder passes purely from a vision perspective. So we do have to get players who can scramble and come back for the ball. We also need WRs who are okay with not being thrown at in an entire game because we are a run first team.

nanomoz

Reaction score
He put his own ego ahead of his team--in the friggin super bowl. I understand if it doesn't bother you, but don't be self righteous to people that have a problem with it.

sc85sis

Reaction score
brimsalabim":tvnry5dk said:
jammerhawk":tvnry5dk said:
No one got punched, no illegal drugs were used, nobody got hurt, though a few defensive players may wish to have words with Doug. It was a rather ill conceived TD celebration with a message sent which could have been better thought out. I love DB. He's a very good players who plays hard and speaks out when he thinks BS is happening. In every other way he's a very solid citizen and I know this from talking with him in a relaxed setting. He is a very bright and considerate thoughtful person, so this celebration is out of context for him and he shouldn't allow the Prime Time's, etc. of the world to get under his skin.

I suspect he regrets this rather juvenile display of emotion, and has $ 11,000+ reasons besides his his now otherwise unbesmirched reputation to think over after this error of judgment which probably had more to do with being ADB than being intentionally foolish.

Trading him from the team b/c he made a mistake that ultimately he is and will pay for? C'Mon, really??? As it's the off season and everything is worthy of consideration it's an interesting idea but getting a 3rd for him is pipe dream stuff, besides he's signed to an advantageous contract to the team and he has a good rapport with RW. On another team with a better OC he'd put up Tate like numbers and he is worth more to the team than many acknowledge.

I'm sure Pete has already spoken to him about not doing things that intentionally put the team in a more difficult situation. I know eventually he and the other WRs here will get their recognition as genuinely solid players, but pooping out a football isn't the way it'll get done.
Really? Your sure that the coach of the NFL's most penalized team for two years running spoke to Baldwin about it? I'm really not convincend that's how Pete does things.
Penalties like Bennett gets for being aggressive at the snap are a byproduct of our style of play. They contribute to that high total you're referencing. Pete will try to mitigate those, but it's a balancing act and he knows it.

Penalties for stupid acts that draw 15 yards are different. That's a maturity issue, and yes Pete will talk to guys --just as he talked to Richard after the rant last season following the NFCCG. Rule number one: Protect the team.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3pockatr said:
peppersjap":3pockatr said:
I tended to tolerate Baldwin's actions the last couple of years but I can easily say he is my least favorite Seahawk after the crap he took on the organization and all its fans during the Super Bowl and when asked about it he feels he did nothing wrong. I have sent 2 different complaints to the organization about his actions and have heard nothing back so apparently they are taking the, it is OK because he is "Angry Doug" attitude! I was on the fence with him until that game, how does anyone think squatting over a ball and acting like you are defecating could possibly be an appropriate celebration? He has to know many fans are upset about this yet he feels there is no need to apologize? I know kids didn't see it live but I'm sure most have seen it now, how would you feel if you saw a kid do that at a peewee football game?
It cracks me up that we are taking the high and mighty attitude when people ask about how they would feel if Suh ended up on our team when we have someone as disrespectful as Baldwin on our team? Before you flame me remember he pretended to pull his pants down and then squatted over the ball he had just scored a TD with and pretended it was the results of his defecation and then had talked his partner Kearse into coming over and being part of his show. After all this he has said he was just having fun (even though he earlier had said it was directed at someone and they would know what it meant). As a father a 13 year old Seahawk fan I have never respected a player less because he feels he did nothing wrong and I'm seriously starting to question the organization because they have addressed it in no way!
Lol... This post is hilarious. We're talking about a guy that has always given his all to the organization and fans want him gone because he pretended to crap out a football after scoring a TD?
BINGO, I thought it was funny.
A lot of prudes on this thread. It isn't Baldwin's responsibility to raise your kids its yours. If you can't teach your kids between right and wrong then that's YOUR problem.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Throwdown":3hexoiwd said:
We're really mad over something that doesn't matter?

And if you're worried about a message to a kid, maybe you need to worry about your parenting skills. These dudes should never reach larger than life status to someone, whether its Doug, Russell, Sherman, or Lynch.
THIS!

seahawks3732

Reaction score
Forget all his antics DB is our best and most consistent offensive player after Beastmode. Now is 4 million a stretch maybe, but I don't think getting rid of him
Is the best solution.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rob12":310zp4ml said:
Hawkfan77":310zp4ml said:
Rob12":310zp4ml said:
hawknation2015":310zp4ml said:

Yawn.

No some of us are more concerned about things that really effect the game like crap play calls at the half yard line with the game on the line and the craptastic OC that called it. The Baldwin "situation" is making mountains out of molehills.

AVL

Reaction score
Throwdown":7yd5rfcv said:
We're really mad over something that doesn't matter?

And if you're worried about a message to a kid, maybe you need to worry about your parenting skills. These dudes should never reach larger than life status to someone, whether its Doug, Russell, Sherman, or Lynch.

I am surprised and impressed, or something.

But I think you should have a license to be a parent, just like everything else in life that entails some responsibility.

Doug Baldwin is a Flynn apologist who can't hold on to the game winning catch when he loses a few teeth.