Is is just me or...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Russ isn't concentrating on football because he's married? Can Saturday just get here already?
What proof do you have that he's not concentrating on football? God forbid a player have a life outside of football as well.

Seymour

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":3nfq69jw said:
Just worried about the inconsistency. On any given day a legit defensive front can render this offense completely ineffective. One clunker like that in the playoffs and it's adios. Makes for uneasy times.

Nailed it.

hannibalking

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":15dxtn45 said:
We currently hold the #2 seed in the NFC, and control our own destiny, while our remaining games are against the 5-8-1 Cardinals and the one-win 49ers. We're division winners, and on track to have essentially the fourth best season in Seahawks history.

And the sky is falling. :229031_shrug:
I feel like us in the driver's seat for the #2 seed is a pretty good indicator that the NFL is mediocre this year. I'm not impressed with any team. Regardless, I'll take the #2 seed and a possible championship no matter how I feel about the state of the NFL right now.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I remember a 2013 season where every game was very easy to lose, having played like crap through most of them. Granted, the defense was better, but the offense was worse, particularly RW's play. He was actually more consistent then, reason or not. I know for a fact that the running game is a QB's best friend and even helps pass blocking by giving them an extra second just because they are forced to read rather than tee off, but I won't get too much into that. It's almost lost this season for emphasis alone. We're not a running team anymore and this is a different team.

Either way, I think this is the time of year when Pete starts to get a little more serious. The playoffs are on the horizon. I think there's a lot of fan self projection this year that's not rooted in the now. It's rooted in the past. What Hawks fans used to accuse others of. It being a different team is something I also have to accept. It follows RW more now than ever.

LolaRox

Reaction score
Wartooth":1qjkzgw6 said:
Maybe he's upset that Russell isn't playing well and spends all of his off time in LA. Down there hobnobbing with his celebrity wife's friends, instead of focusing on football during the season... I can see where that would upset a coach, even one as laid back as Pete.

Do you really think Russell isn't focused on football?? The guy who rehabbed 24-7 , including waking up in the middle of the night, for weeks just so he could play through a high ankle sprain and a sprained MCL isn't focused on football? The guy who spends a lot of his Tuesdays off at Children's Hospital?

They get a couple days off after playing on a short week and you're questioning how he spends it with his wife?

I watch most of Pete press conferences and don't see anything different in his demeanor that stands out. There are ebbs and flows in every season and he deals with them accordingly.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
hgwellz12":2n3h7vm5 said:
Let's throw out the team record for this discussion..cool?

Cool. With that out of the way, there are some CLEAR CUT concerns about several aspects of THIS year's particular 'Hawks team. Top to bottom. I don't feel the need to list even ONE of them.

So, considering Pete's age (yes, I know Pete is alot more youthful than his age suggests), but, there isn't a 65+ year old person that I've ever met/known that shits rainbow colored cupcakes and takes long, relaxing walks with unicorns to watch the sun set every day. I feel like we are finally seeing the "Old Man" PC that's just tired of the ENTIRE TEAM under performing/ not executing in the matter that he KNOW'S they should be with the legitimate weapons he has on the roster.
And is probably just tired of doing the same 'ol "Coach Speak" song & dance week in and week out.

Also, beyond Sherm's antics, *I really believe there is some type of in house negativity that us fans are not privy to that he is just plain tired of.

Add that to the zika-esque injury bug that has undeniably hamstrung our team & I'm sure he just want's to drop F-Bombs to every question asked by the media. Also, who knows, there may just be something he's dealing with in his personal life that we have NO idea about.

Anyhow, yeah, We are **NFCW CHAMPS! :2thumbs:
But only those that only take a peek at the final score of games & our record would TRULY have the "But, look, We're Winning" and that's ALL that matters!" attitude.

Add ALL of that up and it = FRUSTRATION and PROBABLY, to some degree, SELF BLAME.

* PURE speculation.
** Can't be ignored

Let's not ignore the record because it has significance to the whole picture.

Our record doesn't just reflect us it also reflects our competition.

Comparisons have been made to the Patriots and fairly so but does anyone believe they have played at elite level every game and every season? Or is their success also related to the level of competition they have faced?

Every team goes through changes and turmoil. It's unavoidable but what makes great teams great is not that they don't face challenges, it's how they deal with those challenges that defines them.

I have as faith in this front office and ownership to handle any adversity and become stronger from it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pissed off? No.

But definitely a little frustrated and perplexed that his team hasn't hit it's stride like it normally does this time of year. That's a good thing, it means he's busting his ass trying to figure it out so we can go on a run.