Is it possible the Rams game gets flexed?

StoneCold

Reaction score
Not trying to get ahead of ourselves, but I'm going to that game and just read someone else speculating about the possibility. Could it be the Sunday night game?

sutz

Reaction score
You're talking next week? Kind of late to flex it, I believe. I think they need 10 days lead when they flex a game.

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
sutz":3sn4wajh said:
You're talking next week? Kind of late to flex it, I believe. I think they need 10 days lead when they flex a game.

Rams game is on the 17th.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
It's Cowboys Raiders.

Possible because the game doesn't have TONS of playoff implications, but hard to imagine them bumping the Boys out of prime time....

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2ar0uaiz said:
It's Cowboys Raiders.

Possible because the game doesn't have TONS of playoff implications, but hard to imagine them bumping the Boys out of prime time....

Twice..they Dallas/NY gets bumped next week as well..to the early game.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Yup, no flexing for us :( If the Nfl really wanted to show the best matches, they should have flexed Eagles/Rams next week and Seahawks/Rams the week after.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Seahawks vs. Rams is a much bigger game than Cowboys vs. Raiders. Seahawks/Rams will have huge playoff implications. Seahawks are always a big TV draw, and they should try to squeeze more viewership out of the burgeoning LA TV market. Plus, the environment at the Clink at night makes the game more exciting for even casual viewers.

Neither the Raiders (16%) nor the Cowboys (5%) have a good chance at making the playoffs. That game is a dud.

sutz

Reaction score
StoneCold":1wut7kus said:
sutz":1wut7kus said:

Rams game is on the 17th.
So you're talking Rams/Seahawks, then? You weren't real clear in the OP. ;)

Hey, if they want to give us another chance to pad our Prime Time dominance, I'm all for it. :2thumbs:

kidhawk

Reaction score
I believe they need to announce by Tuesday if they plan to flex the game (it's 12 days ahead). The problem here is that both the Raiders and the Cowboys draw better audiences than a playoff bound (for the division basically) Rams/Seahawks matchup. It's all about the benjamins and Cowboys Raiders is a stronger draw (sad but true)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Al Michaels talked about the flexing with Brock and Salk last week, and as we already knew it's not easy to flex games.

NBC still has to get permission and approval from not only the league office, but the conference network. So my guess is even if they wanted to flex the Hawks game, FOX might have said no because that's a big primetime game for them in the afternoon slot.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
hawknation2017":2zbciue9 said:
Seahawks vs. Rams is a much bigger game than Cowboys vs. Raiders. Seahawks/Rams will have huge playoff implications. Seahawks are always a big TV draw, and they should try to squeeze more viewership out of the burgeoning LA TV market. Plus, the environment at the Clink at night makes the game more exciting for even casual viewers.

Neither the Raiders (16%) nor the Cowboys (5%) have a good chance at making the playoffs. That game is a dud.

The Raiders are tied for 1st in the AFCW. I'd still rather see Hawks on SNF, but just wanted to point that out.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Just checked the schedule that week and the real reason we won’t get flexed is because the Steelers and pats also play that week..

hawknation2017

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":31oepk3i said:
hawknation2017":31oepk3i said:

The Raiders are tied for 1st in the AFCW. I'd still rather see Hawks on SNF, but just wanted to point that out.

Still only a 16% chance they make the playoffs, according to this:
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... edictions/

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3ky99jb8 said:
Just checked the schedule that week and the real reason we won’t get flexed is because the Steelers and pats also play that week..

Again, the conference network also has to agree to give up their #1 game, and I doubt CBS would agree to giving this game up.............just as FOX probably said no to allowing NBC to flex the Hawks/Rams.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":163bf9ea said:
therealjohncarlson":163bf9ea said:

Again, the conference network also has to agree to give up their #1 game, and I doubt CBS would agree to giving this game up.............just as FOX probably said no to allowing NBC to flex the Hawks/Rams.

Totally spaced out this portion which only makes it that much less likely for us to get flexed. I'm actually fine with it though. We've had a fair number of prime time games this year and given they moved our only early game into a late game slot this weekend means I won't be complaining about our schedule at all this year. In fact, I'll say it's probably the best schedule we've had in a very long time.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":4qugxcqb said:
Sgt. Largent":4qugxcqb said:
therealjohncarlson":4qugxcqb said:

Totally spaced out this portion which only makes it that much less likely for us to get flexed. I'm actually fine with it though. We've had a fair number of prime time games this year and given they moved our only early game into a late game slot this weekend means I won't be complaining about our schedule at all this year. In fact, I'll say it's probably the best schedule we've had in a very long time.

I do think NBC gets one or two "you gotta let us flex" games per year?

Not sure on that, but I think that's how it works. But by week 15, they probably have already used those automatic game requests.

Bottom line, I'm sure NBC would rather have the Pats/Steelers or Hawks/Rams game than a mildly interesting game like Raiders/Cowboys...........so I betcha they were told no to at least one, if not both other games.

253hawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":b9kzd8gc said:
I believe they need to announce by Tuesday if they plan to flex the game (it's 12 days ahead). The problem here is that both the Raiders and the Cowboys draw better audiences than a playoff bound (for the division basically) Rams/Seahawks matchup. It's all about the benjamins and Cowboys Raiders is a stronger draw (sad but true)

It's been a bit ridiculous this year, though.

Dallas has had 6 prime time games, and look at the non-primetime coverages. All but week 4 have been in the late game slots, so there were only 2-3 other games on while FOX was shoving them down everyone's throat. Those are basically primetime as well, so that's 11/16 games. They only have three 10 AM (PST) starts all year, which is less than what some west coast teams get, despite being two time zones over. I'm tired of the over-saturation and seeing Jerry Jones' crusty face every 15 minutes.

Week 2
02-FOX-L-V2.png

Week 4
04-FOX-V3.png

Week 5
05-FOX-L.png

Week 8
08-FOX-L.png

Week 9
09-CBS-L.png

Week 10
10-FOX-L-V3.png

mikeak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2iebd9os said:
Al Michaels talked about the flexing with Brock and Salk last week, and as we already knew it's not easy to flex games.

NBC still has to get permission and approval from not only the league office, but the conference network. So my guess is even if they wanted to flex the Hawks game, FOX might have said no because that's a big primetime game for them in the afternoon slot.

Yep heard that segment

Point being is he also stated something along the lines of - before the season Dallas - Raiders everybody would want it but now we would probably want Seattle - Rams.

So they are looking at it and there was one other game they had looked at with Seattle but it couldn't be done / other network partners didn't allow it

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
There’s no chance Oakland-Dallas is bumped now with both teams in the playoff race.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just thinking about this and since the deadline passed earlier in the week it is official that there was no flexing for this particular week. With the cowboys out of the way though I'd bet we get pretty good coverage that afternoon