Is It Worth The Risk

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
So, no real logical discussion using real data. Hmm.

BTW my brother is a Doctor and we have delved deep.

It is sad we have shifted into the age of emotional reactions and mob mentality instead of rational, scientific discussion.

chris98251

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":1pg9p5xn said:
So, no real logical discussion using real data. Hmm.

BTW my brother is a Doctor and we have delved deep.

Look at Data ? Spikes of infection all over from events and Protesting and gatherings, Red States the worst of the worst, but then again lets just do what the President says and jump in and deal with it, you die you die, you kill off your family so what, you can make more right? If you live thru it al, but what happens when there is no facilities and or staffing to help you when you do get sick unless your the extremely wealthy ?

We should get another good luck in about 2 weeks from The Dakotas after the Mount Rushmore event and the 4th.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Facts as of today:
36 states recorded an increase in new case numbers and rising hospitalizations.
Florida set yet another record for new cases today, surpassing the 10K mark.
Same story for Texas. And that is just 2 of a number of states spiking at alarming rates, nearly all being states who reopened early.
A number of recognized experts opine that the number of positives reported may actually be just a fraction of reality, due in no small part to testing deficiencies and the large number of people failing to observe protective considerations.
The largest contingent of new positive are occurring in the age group 24-40.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":lc9jlc2e said:
I think we should all chip in and send Jayhawkmike to Brasil and or Texas for a good time for a week and see how he feels coming back home.

OTOH, we could send 60-year-old me to upstate NY for the first 3 months of this year, then have me fly home on an airplane with all that forced-intimacy. Then see how I did.

Oh wait, that's exactly what happened. I survived and am in perfect health! (At least, as perfect as you expect at my age.)

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Increased testing means increased cases. Covid is here and not going away. Hospitalization and death rates are the key. As the case numbers have gone up the percentages of hospitalizations and deaths have decreased dramatically.

At first they were only testing people in the hospitals with acute symptoms who were generally high risk and in poor health. Many die but because of the limited testing of only those people the rate of death appeared high. Now with widespread testing that number is going down as a percentage of cases every day. I have put together the numbers of multiple states that break it out by cases, hospitalizations and death by age groups with daily reports and the hysteria is just silly. But it makes a good lazy news story to Scare and mask shame people so that won’t go away soon.

Anyway, I’m not selling anything. If people want to live in ignorant fear that’s on them. This isn’t a conspiracy theory. It is simply the official numbers from multiple states factored together by age groups.

Just as an example in Tennessee between the age of 11-20 4,776 kids tested positive as of today, out of that ZERO have died. Yes, zero. Not really an outlier compared to other states either. So football yes. School yes. Masks? If you want but not mandatory. Source for data here: https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov/da ... asets.html
One of many sources I am using.

chris98251

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":228pt71e said:
Increased testing means increased cases. Covid is here and not going away. Hospitalization and death rates are the key. As the case numbers have gone up the percentages of hospitalizations and deaths have decreased dramatically.

At first they were only testing people in the hospitals with acute symptoms who were generally high risk and in poor health. Many die but because of the limited testing of only those people the rate of death appeared high. Now with widespread testing that number is going down as a percentage of cases every day. I have put together the numbers of multiple states that break it out by cases, hospitalizations and death by age groups with daily reports and the hysteria is just silly. But it makes a good lazy news story to Scare and mask shame people so that won’t go away soon.

Anyway, I’m not selling anything. If people want to live in ignorant fear that’s on them. This isn’t a conspiracy theory. It is simply the official numbers from multiple states factored together by age groups.

Just as an example in Tennessee between the age of 11-20 4,776 kids tested positive as of today, out of that ZERO have died. Yes, zero. Not really an outlier compared to other states either. So football yes. School yes. Masks? If you want but not mandatory. Source for data here: https://www.tn.gov/health/cedep/ncov/da ... asets.html
One of many sources I am using.

Well this thing has mutated and is now 10 times more infectious, it did that in like 6 months, so in another 6 months if it does again before a vaccine is available and becomes more lethal and people are taught hey get it deal with it if your young, if your older and have natural degradation of immune system and health then we can just put you in the ground. The Millennials and Gen Xers will stop bitching about paying into Social Security because they can wipe out the whole Boomer Generation before they have collected theirs.

Then start dying themselves because they were taught to not respect others and social distancing.