Is M Lynch Ring of Honor worthy right now?

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
Numbers don't matter. He set the tone and created the attitude that this team feeds off to dominate. Not only is he ROH worthy but he is a HOFer. He has memorable runs that have made a mark on the game and even casual fans will always talk about.

BASF

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1umh5hkh said:
We probably have 6 or 7 guys on the roster right now that should end up in the ROH. That's mind bottling.

Excellent use of a Blades Of Glory quote.

Lynch is absolutely in the Ring Of Honor as soon as he can possibly be up there.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Definitely would love him to be.

Hope he can grab a few more 1k+ rushing seasons and have contention for the HOF.

rjdriver

Reaction score
"He is who he is. He’s going to hold his d!*k. That’s what he do.”

Absolutely.

evergreen

Reaction score
Yes. Plus his highlights are hall of fame worthy! No one has done the yards after contact that he does.

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
I knew the answer before looking up the stats, was just wondering if other Hawk fans felt the same way. He should be in the ring and number retired no matter what happens from today forward. Dude is the ultimate runner, power, speed, quickness, toughness, attitude, great hands...Best back in the last 20 years and one of the best to play the game. It's a shame he wont get the recognition from the lame stream mediots because of lack of interviews. Lynch is a once in a generation running back and will elevate that position to premier status when the Hawks win the SB this February. The Hawks and Hawk fans are going to miss him when he's gone.

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
Shawn Alexander's stats are staggering in comparison to Warner's or Lynch's . 9K plus yards on the ground, 4.3 YPC, 100 TD's on the ground, 12 TD's via the pass and 17 fumbles lost over 8 years with the Hawks. I just cant get over SA folding up when a defensive player was near unless the carry was near the goal line. Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson made SA, at least that's what I took from that era of Hawk football. SA was great, but NFW he could perform the way ML has with the O line ML has had paving the way. I was so tired of watching SA avoid contact to preserve himself. It became a joke after he got his last contract renewed.

Rocket

Reaction score
uck-fay eah-yay Udes-day.

(sorry, I've hea scotch and can't remember if ig-pay attin-lay is ool-kay.)
(remove if necessary !!)

Seanhawk

Reaction score
irocdave":gmxfgoi9 said:
Shawn Alexander's stats are staggering in comparison to Warner's or Lynch's . 9K plus yards on the ground, 4.3 YPC, 100 TD's on the ground, 12 TD's via the pass and 17 fumbles lost over 8 years with the Hawks. I just cant get over SA folding up when a defensive player was near unless the carry was near the goal line. Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson made SA, at least that's what I took from that era of Hawk football. SA was great, but NFW he could perform the way ML has with the O line ML has had paving the way. I was so tired of watching SA avoid contact to preserve himself. It became a joke after he got his last contract renewed.

What's the point of bringing up Shaun Alexander? This will just turn into another Shaun Alexander bashing thread.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Heck yes! IMHO - Beast Quake 1 put him there and Beast Quake 2 made him number one on the list.

duckypoo

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1z536d1v said:
We probably have 6 or 7 guys on the roster right now that should end up in the ROH. That's mind bottling.
I think this begs more questions. Does RW make RoH right now? Does ET? Sherman? Kam? If we play another year or two the way we have these past three, do the players end up producing a RoH logjam? Who's the player from this 2011-20xx run who shines above all else? And then where does that player rank against Big Walt, Cortez, Largent...

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Yeah, the ROH question is an easy one. The jersey retirement question is a closer one that I would probably grudgingly say no to at this point, but obviously that's subject to change if he adds significantly to his current resume with us (another SB win this year would be a good start).

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
Seanhawk":k8mahefz said:
irocdave":k8mahefz said:

What's the point of bringing up Shaun Alexander? This will just turn into another Shaun Alexander bashing thread.

I was just surprised by how many yards SA accumulated in Seattle, and that I still think ML and CW were better running backs than SA.