M. Lynch worthy of the ring of honor ?

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Loved what Marshawn brought to Seattle, he most definitely was the heartbeat of the team through their most successful years. Him resigning for the stretch run in 2019 was a pretty epic way to conclude his career. But…..

He left his team hanging when he didn’t get on the bus for the playoff game in Minnesota and again when he wasn’t prepared to go into the game vs the 9ers that cost them them the division(considering the circumstance of his return this one wasn’t as egregious) if any other player had committed either of these they would be hated and trashed on this site.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":28pdm2ox said:
Loved what Marshawn brought to Seattle, he most definitely was the heartbeat of the team through their most successful years. Him resigning for the stretch run in 2019 was a pretty epic way to conclude his career. But…..

He left his team hanging when he didn’t get on the bus for the playoff game in Minnesota and again when he wasn’t prepared to go into the game vs the 9ers that cost them them the division(considering the circumstance of his return this one wasn’t as egregious) if any other player had committed either of these they would be hated and trashed on this site.

Kenny Easley swore he'd never talk to the Seahawks again after they screwed him over medically which led to his career being cut short.

Bridges can be mended for things that happened, on the player and team side.

Sure Marshawn could be difficult and even unreasonable at times, but I'd NEVER question his heart of how hard he played. If people can't see how important he was to our SB run, a run that gave us our first ever Championship?

I can't help you man. Dude deserves to be in the ring. Period.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Easley was mad at the organization, I don’t recall him leaving his team hang. Be honest, if Russ didn’t get on the bus for any reason this site would be all pitchfork.

I don’t believe there are any ill feelings between Lynch and the Hawks now so I have to think his time will come just as the LOB and several other deserving players and even if unpopular a space reserved for Pete.

Alexander is without doubt in my mind more than worthy and should join the ROH soon.

Don’t need help…man

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
themunn":26kpf2qr said:
You can't put him in before Shaun Alexander though, who owns pretty much every Seahawks rushing record worth measuring:

Career yards
Single season yards
Career TDs
Single season TDs
Single game rushing record
Most attempts career, season, game
One and only Seahawks league MVP

The only rushing records he doesn't own are the ones reserved for rookies and QBs

So while maybe Lynch is worthy, he's not more worthy than Alexander and shouldn't go in before him

Shaun did it with quite possibly the best O Line duo ever in the NFL.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":2vdqcd5h said:
Easley was mad at the organization, I don’t recall him leaving his team hang. Be honest, if Russ didn’t get on the bus for any reason this site would be all pitchfork.

I don’t believe there are any ill feelings between Lynch and the Hawks now so I have to think his time will come just as the LOB and several other deserving players and even if unpopular a space reserved for Pete.

Alexander is without doubt in my mind more than worthy and should join the ROH soon.

Don’t need help…man

Alexander is probably 4th of that team or era to consider for the ROH.

Holmgren, Hasselbeck, Hutch..............all would be inducted before Alexander's name is even mentioned. So "soon?"

Not happening soon, or ever.

I'm not fixated on stats. Legacy, what the player meant to a SB winning team. No one would deserve it more than Lynch, except for Carroll himself.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
So what is your take on Marshawn bailing on his teammates during the playoffs?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1w0covfx said:
So what is your take on Marshawn bailing on his teammates during the playoffs?

My take is we can cherry pick numerous instances of just about every player with this ROH discussion.

Are you keeping Sherman out because he threatened reporters & publicly criticized Pete?

You keeping Kam out for holding out unsuccessfully and costing us games? Is that quitting on your team?

You keeping out Thomas for flipping the sidelines off after he got hurt because we wouldn't give him an extension?

This was all part of what made this Superbowl era team great, volatility, edge and sometimes misguided passion. So no, I'm not going to hold Lynch out of the ROH because he got pissed off and refused to play. Because that's a drop in the bucket for what he DID mean to that team, and what it meant to helping us hoist our 1st Lombardi.

Make a damn statue of this.

News 302059982 AR 1 0 1200x675

scutterhawk

Reaction score
[align=][/align]
Rat":1dy4jbnv said:
JayhawkMike":1dy4jbnv said:
Rat":1dy4jbnv said:
Can we please have just one damn thread that John63 doesnt spam with his Russ ball-gargling?

I think you know the answer to that.
Yeah, I know. Even in this thread discussing Marshawn's Seahawk legacy, he has to hijack it to talk about how he owes his success to Russ.

I've been obsessing over this team for 30+ years, spending one Sunday after another watching them make hearts break when I could have been developing a marketable skill. Russ is the best QB this team has, and very likely ever will have, but there's a part of me that laughs whenever he throws a pick because his #1 stalker is so damn insufferable.

"For Every Action, there is a Reaction"
"Attack - Retaliation"
"Offense - DEFENSE" :roll:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":39mce5vm said:
Flyingsquad23":39mce5vm said:

Kenny Easley swore he'd never talk to the Seahawks again after they screwed him over medically which led to his career being cut short.

Sure Marshawn could be difficult and even unreasonable at times, but I'd NEVER question his heart of how hard he played. If people can't see how important he was to our SB run, a run that gave us our first ever Championship?

And yet you "Question The Heart" of Shaun Alexander & his1,884-yard season?
Alexander was ALSO an "Important" part of our FIRST EVER "Run" to the 2005 Super Bowl (Jerome Bettis 'Home Town' Bowl).
MVP Shaun Alexander in the ROH? = ABSOLUTELY <<>>Marshawn 'Beastmode' Lynch in the ROH? = HELL YES.
I don't see an argument here.

Rat

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2fr0r9xa said:
Sgt. Largent":2fr0r9xa said:
Flyingsquad23":2fr0r9xa said:

Alexander was ALSO an "Important" part of our FIRST EVER "Run" to the 2005 Super Bowl (Jerome Bettis 'Home Town' Bowl).
MVP Shaun Alexander in the ROH? = ABSOLUTELY <<>>Marshawn 'Beastmode' Lynch in the ROH? = HELL YES.

Yeah, there's probably no one on this site that I agree with more often than Sgt. Largent, but SA absolutely has a significant legacy with this team, and was our best offensive weapon when the Seahawks transformed from Loveable Losers to Perennial Contender. No brainer ROH selection.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":jp2o7i6p said:
Sgt. Largent":jp2o7i6p said:
Flyingsquad23":jp2o7i6p said:

You put "question the heart" of Shaun Alexander in quotes, like I said that.

Please show me where I said that. I said he had some monster years in Seattle, and I said he'd be 3rd or 4th of the Holmgren team's era of players to consider.

Not sure why we have to make a list of players who "deserve" it more than who we're discussing. That's a weird wiring of fans.

It's a token ring of honor to bring back great Seahawk to celebrate their accomplishments. I don't need to get into who had more rushing yards or TD's to determine order.

Lynch is one of the most beloved and accomplished Hawks of all time who was an integral part of the greatest Hawk team of all time. That's all I need to put him in the ring.

Sorry you guys have to get mired down in stats and petty minutia of the players to not see that.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":30hl7x0e said:
themunn":30hl7x0e said:
You can't put him in before Shaun Alexander though, who owns pretty much every Seahawks rushing record worth measuring:

Career yards
Single season yards
Career TDs
Single season TDs
Single game rushing record
Most attempts career, season, game
One and only Seahawks league MVP

The only rushing records he doesn't own are the ones reserved for rookies and QBs

So while maybe Lynch is worthy, he's not more worthy than Alexander and shouldn't go in before him

Shaun did it with quite possibly the best O Line duo ever in the NFL.
Do some research ZTL and you'll discover that Shaun actually made a LOT of big runs going to the RIGHT side of that star studded line also.
I'm a HUGE Marshawn Lynch fan <-----> I'm a HUGE Shaun Alexander fan.
I see ZERO REASON to putting SA down, just to show a preference to ML, as they were BOTH Seahawks & BOTH played with a LOT OF HEART.
ALSO, Cable's Run Blocking O-Line was known for playing with a LOT of NASTY, and that was the biggest reason Pete went out and got him..Pete also put him in charge of the RB's.
Which also begs the question -> does anyone actually believe that OC Coach Tom Cable was Pete's 'YES MAN'?<

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3035wzkj said:
Lynch is one of the most beloved and accomplished Hawks of all time who was an integral part of the greatest Hawk team of all time. That's all I need to put him in the ring.

Sorry you guys have to get mired down in stats and petty minutia of the players to not see that.
You mean "Mired Down" in FACTS & STATS is your idea of being PETTY??? REALLY??? HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHA!! Whatever floats your boat. :lol:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1qtzkfk0 said:
Sgt. Largent":1qtzkfk0 said:

You mean "Mired Down" in FACTS & STATS is your idea of being PETTY??? REALLY??? HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHA!! Whatever floats your boat. :lol:

I like how you just bypassed you accusing me of questioning Alexander's heart.

Why not just be a wet blanket for the entire ring and go back and refuse to let in Lynch until all the old Hawks are in.

Jeff Bryant, Max Strong, Joe Nash, Brian Blades, Warren Moon, Shawn Springs, Dan Doornink.

No Lynch until all players scutterhawk loves more are in!

So lame.

Rat

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2qn7a0fs said:
scutterhawk":2qn7a0fs said:
Sgt. Largent":2qn7a0fs said:

Why not just be a wet blanket for the entire ring and go back and refuse to let in Lynch until all the old Hawks are in.

Jeff Bryant, Max Strong, Joe Nash, Brian Blades, Warren Moon, Shawn Springs, Dan Doornink.

So lame.

I actually wouldnt be disappointed if Mack made it. He was a Seahawk lifer and the kind of the athlete people admire most: tough, loyal, never complains and just does his job really well. He did everything he was asked and made everyone else's job easier for 14 years. Actually, based on the definition of ring-worthy you seem to be expressing in this thread, I'm surprised you'd throw him out there as a joke selection.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rat":1xdvzup0 said:
Sgt. Largent":1xdvzup0 said:
scutterhawk":1xdvzup0 said:
Sgt. Largent":1xdvzup0 said:

So lame.

I actually wouldnt be disappointed if Mack made it. He was a Seahawk lifer and the kind of the athlete people admire most: tough, loyal, never complains and just does his job really well. He did everything he was asked and made everyone else's job easier for 14 years. Actually, based on the definition of ring-worthy you seem to be expressing in this thread, I'm surprised you'd throw him out there as a joke selection.

Sorry, not until Mike Rob goes in.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I think it would be hard for the individuals of the LOB to get ROH honors on their own, for the very reasons you stated. They may get the honor as a group. In my opinion SA as the all time leader in all those “petty” team rushing stats deserves the honor before Lynch. I also believe that Lynch will get the call one day because of the numerous all time plays and the SB win…plus all the other “minutia” of his Hawks career.

We get it Sgt. your take is based in the only truth and mine is just a diluted fans mired down in silly metrics that literally every single sport in the world relies on and uses to measure an athletes contributions.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1y1qfl4s said:
I think it would be hard for the individuals of the LOB to get ROH honors on their own, for the very reasons you stated. They may get the honor as a group. In my opinion SA as the all time leader in all those “petty” team rushing stats deserves the honor before Lynch. I also believe that Lynch will get the call one day because of the numerous all time plays and the SB win…plus all the other “minutia” of his Hawks career.

We get it Sgt. your take is based in the only truth and mine is just a diluted fans mired down in silly metrics that literally every single sport in the world relies on and uses to measure an athletes contributions.

No, it's just that I understand what the nature of meaningless celebratory feel good things like the Ring of Honor are for, and you and others that are hung up on stats and metrics don't.

Put them both in, who cares.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":n21dddtl said:
Flyingsquad23":n21dddtl said:

No, it's just that I understand what the nature of meaningless celebratory feel good things like the Ring of Honor are for, and you and others that are hung up on stats and metrics don't.

Put them both in, who cares.

Ok….you are the one true blue fan with ultimate understanding. What would this site be without you making the point of how little us “others” know

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":37dpg1a3 said:
scutterhawk":37dpg1a3 said:
Sgt. Largent":37dpg1a3 said:

So lame.
So lame? Yes, yes you are, I never said a gotdamn thing about when ANYONE should be inducted into the ROH, so just quit pulling stuff out your keister.
As for the questioning of "Playing with Heart", you said that no one could question how much heart that RB Marshawn Lynch played with, & I figured because you didn't INCLUDE RB Shaun Alexander, I WOULD POINT OUT YOUR OBVIOUS OMISSION to that fact.
p.s. It's MACK STRONG.