M. Lynch worthy of the ring of honor ?

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":2u2ee3q0 said:
bigskydoc":2u2ee3q0 said:
Beast Mode defined an era, not only in Seahawks history, but, to an extent, even in the NFL. It was more than one game, or one run.

Alexander had a body of work, but what NFL highlight reel features even one of his iconic runs? Lynch, with Beast Mode 1 & 2, will forever be enshrined in NFL film lore.

Alexander will always live under the shadow of having his path paved by one of the best lines ever assembled. Lynch never had that luxury, and singularly fought for every yard.

Lynch is almost a household name, drawing fans from around the league, and even non-NFL fans, alike.

I think there is a good argument for him to join the ring before Alexander, Wagner, and Wilson.

No, but Lynch will live under the shadow of knowing he had one of the best running QBs in the league during his heyday in Seattle.

As to Wagner and Wilson. An argument could be made for both over Much more easily

Wilson without Wilson there is no Murry or any QB under 6 foot being drafted #1 or even the first round. He changed the way people think about QBs. Let's add in He is #1 in every Qb stat in Seattle but he is also top 5 in rushing stats

As to Wagner, he was the leading tackler of one of the best defenses in league history.

Mind you I am not an alexander fan but his stats are way better than Lynch's, and you can make all the arguments you want about the line etc, But Lynch also had his advantages he was in a run-first system, he had a running QB that helped a lot. In fact, Lynch is 4th in rushing gues who is 5th...Wilson. Lynch played more years here but less everything than Alexander.

To me I agree Lynch should get in, as an RB but not before alexander. As of now before Wagner and Wilson since they are still playing.

Wilson is forever overshadowed by Lynch; Wilson was a battery but Lynch and LOB the Engine and Transmission.

Wilson is still trying to live up to the legacy they left behind which I think is why he is having the problems he has now in his game.

Rat

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2zwgpv77 said:
Rat":2zwgpv77 said:
Can we please have just one damn thread that John63 doesnt spam with his Russ ball-gargling?

I think you know the answer to that.
Yeah, I know. Even in this thread discussing Marshawn's Seahawk legacy, he has to hijack it to talk about how he owes his success to Russ.

I've been obsessing over this team for 30+ years, spending one Sunday after another watching them make hearts break when I could have been developing a marketable skill. Russ is the best QB this team has, and very likely ever will have, but there's a part of me that laughs whenever he throws a pick because his #1 stalker is so damn insufferable.

xray

Reaction score
Lynch will be more beloved than Wilson by Hawks fans . imo

xray

Reaction score
He also has more cash $$ than Wilson . Just a rumor of course . They say he can turn coin .

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Is this really a serious question?

Of course without question he should be a member of the ROH, he was a special, somewhat kooky player who was a tough as as anyone who has ever been an NFL running back and if the team had given him the ball instead of passing and getting intercepted in SB 49 the Hawks would have won, b/c he would have scored.

The serious question is was he a HOF RB but even there i say yes. I agree with BigSkyDoc as well.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":2xrvk2rr said:
John63":2xrvk2rr said:
bigskydoc":2xrvk2rr said:
Beast Mode defined an era, not only in Seahawks history, but, to an extent, even in the NFL. It was more than one game, or one run.

Alexander had a body of work, but what NFL highlight reel features even one of his iconic runs? Lynch, with Beast Mode 1 & 2, will forever be enshrined in NFL film lore.

Alexander will always live under the shadow of having his path paved by one of the best lines ever assembled. Lynch never had that luxury, and singularly fought for every yard.

Lynch is almost a household name, drawing fans from around the league, and even non-NFL fans, alike.

I think there is a good argument for him to join the ring before Alexander, Wagner, and Wilson.

No, but Lynch will live under the shadow of knowing he had one of the best running QBs in the league during his heyday in Seattle.

As to Wagner and Wilson. An argument could be made for both over Much more easily

Wilson without Wilson there is no Murry or any QB under 6 foot being drafted #1 or even the first round. He changed the way people think about QBs. Let's add in He is #1 in every Qb stat in Seattle but he is also top 5 in rushing stats

As to Wagner, he was the leading tackler of one of the best defenses in league history.

Mind you I am not an alexander fan but his stats are way better than Lynch's, and you can make all the arguments you want about the line etc, But Lynch also had his advantages he was in a run-first system, he had a running QB that helped a lot. In fact, Lynch is 4th in rushing gues who is 5th...Wilson. Lynch played more years here but less everything than Alexander.

To me I agree Lynch should get in, as an RB but not before alexander. As of now before Wagner and Wilson since they are still playing.

Wilson is forever overshadowed by Lynch; Wilson was a battery but Lynch and LOB the Engine and Transmission.

Wilson is still trying to live up to the legacy they left behind which I think is why he is having the problems he has now in his game.

Hmm interesting the LOB and Lynch were here in 2011 and 7-( 2012 Wilson well if not for the LOB they would have been to the SB that year too. The following year without Wilson's 44th qtr game-winning drives they don't make the playoffs. You see some of you are so tied up in the LOB and LYnch you forget it was Wilson that was the final piece and what he did that helped get us there. They only people that think like you are those who choose to ignore the facts

John63

Reaction score
xray":f22oq1ok said:
Lynch will be more beloved than Wilson by Hawks fans . imo

only by some. most will see it the other way.

Rat

Reaction score
jammerhawk":fcstjy9j said:
The serious question is was he a HOF RB but even there i say yes. I agree with BigSkyDoc as well.

I love Beast and would love to be wrong, but I just don't see it happening for him. So many RBs got into the Hall from the 80s through the 00's that it has created this big log jam at the position, and he just doesn't have the career stats he needs for induction. His best bet is probably some day from the Senior Committee, who cares about how he is remembered rather than what numbers he compiled. Kinda like what happened with Floyd Little.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":xd7koy78 said:
This is one of the craziest posts I have seen on here.

My opinion, longevity aside, is that Lynch should be in the Hall, not the Ring.

Lynch is one of the greatest after contact runners ever and THE greatest after contact of his era (not better than Campbell obviously)

Lynch may have carried us to at least one SB, and he likely would have been the MVP of the 2nd SB win but for the worst play call in SB history.

Of course, he should be in the Ring. Comparing him with Shaun is laughable. Prime Lynch was tiers above Prime Shaun.

Not only should he be in the RoH but an effing statue of him should be outside the stadium.

I fully agree with you, he is in my select few most respected players of all time, it's not a big group.

Why? There wont ever be anyone like him, really, there just wont be, you know it when you see it.

He's my fav Seahawk ever, that's saying something because Russ is right there with him.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
chris98251":27y0w3wd said:
John63":27y0w3wd said:
bigskydoc":27y0w3wd said:

Russell Wilson is very much an after-thought in that era, just another cog in the wheel is how most outside of Seattle see him in this time. Marshawn Lynch was the face of the franchise back then. He facilitated some of Seattle's most insane moments. Teams would stack the box against Lynch and he'd still run all over them.

I think you're right, Chris. When I hear Russell Wilson talk about legacy, I think his mind is still in this era. His entire legacy at this point is "the Seahawks should have fed it to Marshawn Lynch" and in 2013 Lynch and the LOB carried the Seahawks to a Super Bowl. That is what I hear from fans outside of Seattle all of the time, hell even the media, sometimes even Seattle fans.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
John63":32po4s21 said:
No, but Lynch will live under the shadow of knowing he had one of the best running QBs in the league during his heyday

Lynch live under the shadow of wilson?

Hahhahahahhaahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahjajahahhahahahhahahhhahahahahhahahah

Breathe breathe.

Ahahajahhhahahahhahahahhaahhahhahahhahahahhahahahahhaahhahahahhahahhaahah

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Lynch and LOB era Wilson could have been replaced by any of a half dozen running QBs with near the same results.

RGIII
Newton
Murray
Watson
Jackson
Kaep

Wilson was a product of the system, not Lynch. He's an average running QB, with a slightly above average arm, who consistently underthrows his receivers.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Marshawn is my favorite football player of all time, so I might be a little bit biased when I say yes, 100% yes. In fact he should go in to the HOF first ballot.

John63

Reaction score
bigskydoc":63rvokir said:
Lynch and LOB era Wilson could have been replaced by any of a half dozen running QBs with near the same results.

RGIII
Newton
Murray
Watson
Jackson
Kaep

Wilson was a product of the system, not Lynch. He's an average running QB, with a slightly above average arm, who consistently underthrows his receivers.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the laugh funniest thing I heard all year.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
chris98251":u9p42g34 said:
John63":u9p42g34 said:
bigskydoc":u9p42g34 said:

No doubt Russell is and has been chasing shadow. It's what's been driving him, do his detriment unfortunately. He would've been so much better off if he just ignored that and let his play and team success change the narrative for him. Instead he tried to force it

ZagHawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":m46l9tcq said:

RGIII
Newton
Murray
Watson
Jackson
Kaep

I sadly agree with this. And for those who want to harp on Kaep...was the Seahawk surrounding cast not better than the Niner surrounding cast (I think it sure was, the argument back then was the LB core was better than the Seahawks for the Niners, but they were just more famous at the time). Yet Kaep was one bad throw away from going to (and most likely winning because I think both teams were ready to destroy the Broncos) the SB.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1j3lb6pp said:
After Shaun Alexander, sure.

Five TD's in the first half of a game against the Vikings >FIVE<.
Alexander was 'MONEY' in the Red Zone.
Many fans hated that SA was a 'Finesse Back, SOME here would rather have had him 'Engage' a would-be tackler or try to run him over, that wasn't his style, he piled up the yards, and avoided unnecessary injuries.
Shaun Alexander was actually disliked by many Seahawks fans because he wouldn't physically take a beating FOR THEM, when in fact, that was Mack 'TRUCK' Strong's forte. :rumble:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":38xal7ft said:
After Shaun Alexander, sure.

IMO the Ring of Honor is more than just about stats. So sure, you wanna make a case for Alexander go for it, he certainly had some monster years in Seattle.

But for me, no one embodied the identity of those Super Bowl teams than Lynch, except maybe Kam.

Lynch is also becoming not only a Hawk NFL ambassador, he's becoming an NFL ambassador, beloved by everyone. So that type of generational player needs to be celebrated as often as we can celebrate Lynch as a Hawk.

That means he should be shoe in for the Ring of Honor. Beloved by both fans and what he meant to those teams.