Is Mahomes better than Wilson?

olyfan63

Reaction score
No, Russell is clearly better than Mahomes.
Review the Seattle vs. KC tape from 2018, Mahomes' MVP year.
Russell the gunslinger outdueled Mahomes, and Seattle won.
There you have it. Evidence-based conclusions. Cherry picked for convenience.
It was a helluva fun game to watch too.

Plus Russell is better than DeShaun Watson. Same rationale. Remember that gunslinger duel those two had a couple years ago?

getnasty

Reaction score
olyfan63":27fk493e said:
No, Russell is clearly better than Mahomes.
Review the Seattle vs. KC tape from 2018, Mahomes' MVP year.
Russell the gunslinger outdueled Mahomes, and Seattle won.
There you have it. Evidence-based conclusions. Cherry picked for convenience.
It was a helluva fun game to watch too.

Plus Russell is better than DeShaun Watson. Same rationale. Remember that gunslinger duel those two had a couple years ago?

Seattle ran for over 200 yards that game too, interesting.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Fade":4z9o5qfo said:
Put Mahomes on the Seahawks. Put Wilson on the Chiefs. What happens?

Video game number for Russ, Mahomes on IR.

John63

Reaction score
jeremiah":b5s2tlrf said:
Fade":b5s2tlrf said:

Video game number for Russ, Mahomes on IR.

Exactly

Mahomes in 2 years 3 missed games oline avg pass blocking ranking 4th
Wilson in 8 years 0 missed games oline avg pass blocking ranking 26th

Tical21

Reaction score
Pretty sure the results of a poll like this would be far different in Seattle than anywhere else. Russ is great, but Mahomes? C'mon. Let's be real here.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Tical21":1m1xct5y said:
Pretty sure the results of a poll like this would be far different in Seattle than anywhere else. Russ is great, but Mahomes? C'mon. Let's be real here.
You need to follow your own advice, :roll: "Let's Be Real Here"... For several MORE years of play, Wilson has PROVEN MORE, with LESS PASS PROTECTION, + Wilson has done it WITHOUT having a Quarterbacks Coach, who has BUILT AN O-LNE that ranks #4 in the League.

RW4LIFE

Reaction score
NJlargent":25j289pn said:
I think RW is slightly better but not by much. Mahomes however looks much better because he’s not handcuffed.

YUP.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RW4LIFE":3ls44f1u said:
NJlargent":3ls44f1u said:
I think RW is slightly better but not by much. Mahomes however looks much better because he’s not handcuffed.

YUP.

User name checks out

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
HawkerD":2mxu2vyj said:
Sgt. Largent":2mxu2vyj said:
Fade":2mxu2vyj said:
Garroppolo threw it 8 times on Sunday. 8 times.
Because he only had to throw it 8 times. On the hawks PC wants to only throw it 8 times, trys to only throw it 8 times, then realizes he is down 21-0 and FINALLY changes the game plan.

This is everyone's weekly reminder that the Packers game in the first half saw Seattle throw 17 times and run 7 times.

Back on topic - yes, 2019 Mahomes is better than 2019 Wilson. He isn't necessarily better than 2013-2015 Wilson.

And I'm curious what 2026 Mahomes will look like. Probably like 2019 Wilson.

John63

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":jxutgct5 said:
HawkerD":jxutgct5 said:
Sgt. Largent":jxutgct5 said:
Fade":jxutgct5 said:
Garroppolo threw it 8 times on Sunday. 8 times.
Because he only had to throw it 8 times. On the hawks PC wants to only throw it 8 times, trys to only throw it 8 times, then realizes he is down 21-0 and FINALLY changes the game plan.

This is everyone's weekly reminder that the Packers game in the first half saw Seattle throw 17 times and run 7 times.

Back on topic - yes, 2019 Mahomes is better than 2019 Wilson. He isn't necessarily better than 2013-2015 Wilson.

And I will remind you it is not about quality, but quality which sucked in the 1st half. As to the rest yes Mahomes is better, its not that he has a better oline which he does, or a better wr corps which he does, or a much better passing scheme which he does oh wait if he has all of that is he really better or just has more around him. I know that cant be it, it has to be what ever the group think says, and there is no room for any other possibilities.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
John63":3cqi47hu said:
MontanaHawk05":3cqi47hu said:
HawkerD":3cqi47hu said:

And I will remind you it is not about quatity, but quality which sucked in the 1st half. As to the rest yes Mahomes is better, its kot that he has a better oline which he does, or a better wr corps which he does, or a much better passing scheme which he does oh wait if he has all of that is he really better or just has more around him. I know that cant be it, it has to be what ever the group think says, and there is no room for any other possibilities.
I want PM to make out like a bandit with that new contract he gets..
We will see just how good he is when they can't pay for all those pieces around him.
Then we will have a fair comp with RW for the most part.

getnasty

Reaction score
Fade":2w2thgz6 said:

The Seahawks would be a better team because they'd 20 million more to spend in free agency while the Chiefs are probably not franchising Chris Jones and cutting Sammy Watkins to make the money work for Russell.

TreeRon

Reaction score
"As for arm strength, Mahomes has the second highest velocity of any QB in the NFL at 60 MPH. Wilson is tied for 15th at 55 MPH."

Curious as to how this is measured?
Did they go to the same location on the same day, same moment and sling a number of balls with a jugs gun? I think not.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TreeRon":kvi7tcqg said:
"As for arm strength, Mahomes has the second highest velocity of any QB in the NFL at 60 MPH. Wilson is tied for 15th at 55 MPH."

Curious as to how this is measured?
Did they go to the same location on the same day, same moment and sling a number of balls with a jugs gun? I think not.

Probably how they measure pitchers?

I mean come on... its not super hard.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Yes, and the dead tell should be the fact that even as Seahawk homers this is a debate. Where as for KC Homers and the majority of the nation it's not even a question Mahomes > RW. RW is great though, happy to have him, but I'll recognize Mahomes is better.

chris98251

Reaction score
Is Mahomes a better athlete? Hard to say both are baseball and Football guys, Wilson is by far a superior QB though at this juncture.

Who was the Better QB Peyton or Brett, Peyton was a more cerebral QB but Brett a better physically gifted player.

Systems and allowances also are a factor. Why you never have apples to apples, Mahomes could be better, but not yet.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ZagHawk":a9dhaxbr said:
Yes, and the dead tell should be the fact that even as Seahawk homers this is a debate. Where as for KC Homers and the majority of the nation it's not even a question Mahomes > RW. RW is great though, happy to have him, but I'll recognize Mahomes is better.

See, I don't think he is.

I just don't the two are dissimilar enough to compare.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
After his second year of starting I think Mahomes is a better QB than Russell was after his second year of starting.

Comparing Wilson going into year 9 to Mahomes going into year 3 is comparing apples to oranges, IMO.

I think practically everyone would also put them both in the top tier of QBs in the NFL (which for me this year probably consists of four guys), and more generally I think tiers (rather than raw rankings) is the correct way to think about players and their abilities (raw rankings is just way too fine grained to be meaningful).