Is this cool or WHAT!!

Cartire

Reaction score
bowzerbird":81v8ze6b said:
Another OY VEY! Mama Mia, and a good grief Charlie Brown!

Whoever created the "saying" never meant to disgrace our Flag, or step on it, or burn it OR demean it in any way. They took the Pledge of Allegiance, which displays honour loyalty & patriotism to our country through pledging to the flag and applied it our guys, THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS. Really, what's wrong with that?

The Hawks haven't gotten this much respect accolades & kudos since Mike Holmgren & Hasselbach [or however you spell his name].
Pete Carroll ["PeterBird"], Russell Wilson, Marshawn Lynch, Shermz [MY MAN & Marsh too], the Legion of BOOM :3: and ALL the guys have created an invincible football team that will go down in history as one of the greatest football teams EVER assembled. The brilliance, the strategies, the style, the plays, the movement [read Seattle Times article today on Marsh] the mindset, the psychological strategies of how our guys play. Ah yes, the mind games. :th2thumbs:

Lee Greenwood sings about being proud to be an American:
"And I'd gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A" [Saw him & Ray Price at Placer County fare years ago WHEW!]

And this is not meant to be disrespectful to our flag, our country or God, but a new kind of loyalty, passion, [if the 12 can create seismic activity at Clink] devotion, honour, obsession to our Hawks, then YES!!! we can stand up and applaud their victories an sing praises to them.

Please don't think of the word changes to our Pledge of Allegiance to applaud the Seahawks as derogatory. It incorporated many "characteristics" of the Hawks [especially Marsh's Skittles :mrgreen: ]

The Hawks are finally getting the recognition they deserve, making them the "talk of the town" on ALL the sports channels. Rarely in the past did you hear mention of them, NOW, it's like every other word is SEATTLE SEAHAWKS. Steve Raible has a Thursday night show JUST on the Hawks. [Love when he said during the NFC champ game, "Are you kidding me" :3: ] Hoarse, he was!!

So, if folks take sacred honorariums like the Pledge or even the Bible and humour :th2thumbs: and apply it to something they like, hey, more power to them. It was meant to show the respect the Hawks have always deserved but until now, never got. About damn time is all I can say.

Hey, said this before, NEVER been a football fan, EVER [tennis is my game] UNTIL . . . I started watching Russell play. THEE Albert Einstein of football, a prodigy that no one wanted to accept the fact that someone SOOOO young could be so brilliant. Hannity can't stand him BTW.
And what PeterBird has done for this team is almost scary. Listening to the guys in interviews, they all say the same thing, it truly is a team effort, don't look back, always look forward. What Pete, John, Shermz and ALL the others have done for this team, well . . . . I want to stand up and next to you and defend the SEAHAWKS for what they have accomplished in such a short time. Again, they are resented by many for this.
So, let's hear some accolades for our guys. Ya know, if Les were here, He would stand up WITH me and applaud this post and the pledge to the Hawks. Think I'll email Darlene and give her this link.

I love my country and even in the 60's when I was a protester I never would have stepped on or burned our flag [heard MLK at the DC Monument in '63 BTW]. But I would have smiled when reading what some of you call gibberish.

In sincerity,
Ellen

I can recap this in a TL:DR if you want,

If I took a crap, stuck a decorative flag in it with #LOB as the label, you would like it.

OP
OP
bowzerbird

bowzerbird

Reaction score
Cartire":1zy30xlf said:

If I took a crap, stuck a decorative flag in it with #LOB as the label, you would like it.

Somehow, I think one of the Admins / Mods will come in here and close this thing. I don't get what all the tsuris is all about.

I can be nasty, but I think folks reading your comments would be :shock: :shock: How disgusting, even putting our Legion of Boom in the same sentence with such vulgarities, you should be ashamed of yourself. How can you be a TRUE Seahawks fan and speak such trollup about our MY guys.

I really wish I could speak my mind here and tell you what I think. All I can say is, you should be ashamed of such comparisons. You want to be degrading then, go to the shack and state your opinions.

A :cry: :x :141847_bnono: Bowzerbird

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
bowzerbird":2ke3806x said:
Cartire":2ke3806x said:

Somehow, I think one of the Admins / Mods will come in here and close this thing. I don't get what all the tsuris is all about.

I can be nasty, but I think folks reading your comments would be :shock: :shock: How disgusting, even putting our Legion of Boom in the same sentence with such vulgarities, you should be ashamed of yourself. How can you be a TRUE Seahawks fan and speak such trollup about our MY guys.

I really wish I could speak my mind here and tell you what I think. All I can say is, you should be ashamed of such comparisons. You want to be degrading then, go to the shack and state your opinions.

"Such vulgarities" is right, hope Earl and Earleen weren't exposed to such appalling language...if so they'll definitely be in need of counseling.

HHawk121

Reaction score
bowzerbird":cw7i7eqf said:
Cartire":cw7i7eqf said:

True Seahawk fans know how to spell Hasselbeck. If you want to start throwing around that crap. Are you 10 by chance?

OP
OP
bowzerbird

bowzerbird

Reaction score
HHawk121":4msjhi62 said:
bowzerbird":4msjhi62 said:
Cartire":4msjhi62 said:

True Seahawk fans know how to spell Hasselbeck. If you want to start throwing around that crap. Are you 10 by chance?

68 years young BUT it's the 10 year old's from across the pond [China, Russia & N. Korea] who are breaching securities at the banks, Target, JP Morgan, and Chase.
I'd be afraid, very afraid of those 10 year old's.
So . . . "What's in YOUR wallet" Better check. Hope ya got a new Home Depot card. :mrgreen:

Ya all crack me up. Why do I bother. Guess I'm a glutton for confrontation, combative dialog, inyoface.
Debate, debate debate. YUMMMMMMM, so tasty or testy. :0190l: :3: :3:

EL :thfight7: LEN

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
You put it out there, then play the victim. My suggestion is to just start your threads in the shack since that seems to be your true desire(all be it veiled). It is what it is. John is upset too.

OP
OP
bowzerbird

bowzerbird

Reaction score
TalontedNoseRider":3i0hlm9r said:
You put it out there, then play the victim. My suggestion is to just start your threads in the shack since that seems to be your true desire(all be it veiled). It is what it is. John is upset too.

Yes, thanks for defending me about the vulgarities that should NOT have been aimed at our Hawks. This forum is for the Seahawks so put the vulgarities in another place, not here and NOT at MY HAWKS.

But ya know me, I start something innocent like Earl & Earleene and what is it with people now-a-days [daze]. How do they twist & deform it into something negative.
What I started here did not warrant the shack, at least from my point of view. To me, humour is the spice of life, we should "attempt" enjoying life, not finding everything wrong with it. Is that what has happened to forums, they used to informative, enlightening, joyful, inspirational.
Victim is a word that's not in my vocabulary. I'll let all the negativity be the victim. What happened to just plain laughter, can't we all just laugh instead of whine, bicker, belittle, moan, ridicule.
TalontedNoseRider, you and I both know this doesn't belong in the shack. I remember Les telling me that he got bored with the shack after a while. He and I became very close and now Darlene and I have "continued" that friendship. I would become bored too, too much negativity. More of a clown am I not a sour puss.

Anyway, thanks for getting my six. And I'm not a smack-shack. But feel like I have to always defend my innocence. So sad . . . .

CATWITHBANDAGEDHEADANDPAW zps88f24914

Even Kitteh feels all broken up

Ellen

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
27749d1399960047-apple-helping-hide-police-wrong-doings-wat.png

chris98251

Reaction score
Geez, I'm glad everyone is so perfect it's necessary to tear down and belittle something that was meant to be fun.

Pizza Mane

Reaction score
bowzerbird":31d8y6yy said:
HHawk121":31d8y6yy said:
bowzerbird":31d8y6yy said:
Cartire":31d8y6yy said:
68 years young BUT it's the 10 year old's from across the pond [China, Russia & N. Korea] who are breaching securities at the banks, Target, JP Morgan, and Chase.
I'd be afraid, very afraid of those 10 year old's.
So . . . "What's in YOUR wallet" Better check. Hope ya got a new Home Depot card. :mrgreen:

Ya all crack me up. Why do I bother. Guess I'm a glutton for confrontation, combative dialog, inyoface.
Debate, debate debate. YUMMMMMMM, so tasty or testy. :0190l: :3: :3:

EL :thfight7: LEN

This post is amazing

Veilside

Reaction score
bowzerbird":3mpadvb9 said:
Cartire":3mpadvb9 said:

Seems to be a slight misunderstanding here on your part so let me try and clear it up.

You have a different personality than some of these other posters. You found the saying to be humorous and uplifting and you thought other Hawk fans would feel the same way (I guarantee some do). However, there are also some fans that choose to focus on things like the grammar and some who just really don't find it funny or clever. Unfortunately some fans who don't share your view on the "slogan" choose to be vocal about their opinion and in turn creates negativity in your thread.

I don't think anyone was really thinking it was unpatriotic or defiling the pledge of allegiance like you seemed to think. They simply just thought it was lame and wanted to tell you. I am one of those who don't find it funny or clever despite my love for the Hawks, but I sure wasn't going to go out of my way to try and make you feel bad for having a different opinion than me.

Anyways, hopefully you understand better and don't feel ganged up on like the thread may suggest. Some people are just cynical a**holes (me included).